5.0 out of 5 stars loved it !
I Purchased the book as freebie , it held me spell bound I highly recommend it and was sorry when the story ended
Published on 3 April 2012 by sandytck

1.0 out of 5 stars not a very good book.
Although it's undoubtedly a pretty gripping idea, this book was really poorly written. I knew what was coming at every turn, there was no satisfaction in finishing it. And despite it being a very simple plot (which in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing- though sadly in this case it made it tedious, boring, predictable) it was actually quite confusingly written.
Published 13 months ago by SilenceIs

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it !, 3 April 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 2 April 2012
This review is from: Finding Emma (Kindle Edition)
What can I say? I got this while it was free, but having read it would happily have paid full price and more for it.

This story of a little girl called Emma, and her mothers determination not to give up till she finds her was beautiful. I read it in one day as I couldn't put it down and couldn't wait to find out what happened.
The characters are loveable, and Emma is adorable.

A beautiful, heart-wrenching story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!, 8 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Finding Emma (Kindle Edition)
This book held me entranced the whole way through! I started it at 4pm and didn't put it down until I finished it the same night!! Definitely recommend!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finding Emma, 2 April 2013
This review is from: Finding Emma (Kindle Edition)
This story was breathe taking...I have never cried so hard so I did with book...this book was a page turner from start to finish...the ending was great...what that family went through was a heartbreak...It showed how a family can cope, hope and get through the tragedy that they endured...The best I have read I a long time...:)

1.0 out of 5 stars not a very good book., 14 Jun. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars thought provoking, 11 April 2012
This review is from: Finding Emma (Kindle Edition)
Like all the other reviewers I could not put the book down and thought maybe this was written with maybe a hint of truth here and there as though the author had experience of the subject.The writing was so good you could feel yourself being an onlooker to the events as they unfolded through out the story.I look forward to reading the sequel

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment (all opinions are mine), 14 July 2014
This review is from: Finding Emma (Kindle Edition)
If I'm being truly honest I must say I found this book to be extremely rushed. It is an interesting concept but I felt the blurb description to be more thrilling than the actual story itself. The characters are underdeveloped and the storyline could've been good if perhaps more happened as a lot of doors were opened but remained unexplored. An example of this (SPOILER ALERT) we are made to believe that perhaps there was a slight romantic history between Megan and Detective Riley but however are given no insight to this. It's a real shame because perhaps given more thought this could have been an excellent story. Don't bother reading if you‘re looking for mystery or thriller or anything other than a quick little read that may or may not leave you feeling heart warmed (personally I was just disappointed)

5.0 out of 5 stars beautifully written, 8 April 2012
This review is from: Finding Emma (Kindle Edition)
this book is beautifully written and will have you glued to the story from the start,if only all our missing children's stories were the same,very thought provoking,a moving story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heart breaking but with a feel good ending!, 30 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Finding Emma (Kindle Edition)
Read this book in two days! If you have kids this will pull at your heart strings!! Easy reading, very cute!

3.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, but let down by the writing, 18 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Finding Emma (Kindle Edition)
I read a recommendation of this novel on a forum I frequent, and began the story with high expectations. The premise of the book is sound and powerful, and the book definitely keeps attention (I read it in a couple of days, despite having minimal reading time) but the writing itself fails to deliver.

The author herself seems a bit too focused upon her characterisation, and I couldn't help but wonder what, for example, Megan's best friend really added to the story other than taking her out for random runs, which I ended up skipping anyway (looking at the released information for the sequel, it seems to me like she was in the first book to play a part in the second).

The two separate stories of each of the families move alongside each other well, but the number of characters against the way the plot moves sometimes led me to become confused, particularly in the beginning. Dottie's memory lapses in particular left me frustrated rather than inquisitive - I knew where the storyline was going, I could predict the end, and her memory didn't make the character any more sympathetic - instead they just seemed to stop the storyline dead throughout the book.

The writing style is fairly dry, and the author doesn't seem altogether comfortable in her writing until the final quarter of the book - it seems to be a "this happened, then this happened, and then this..." without adding any depth to the characters, all of whom suffer from the problem that their flaws make them unlikeable.

Finding Emma