5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner!
Published on 28 Mar. 2013 by stacey4857

3.0 out of 5 stars The Undead with a collective intelligence...?
Published 18 months ago by R. Perpete

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner!, 28 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Undead. The First Seven Days. (The Undead series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I read a lot of books and since getting my beloved Kindle for Christmas a few years ago i have got through at least 2 books a week. I am a huge fan of zombie books but there are so many to choose from, i have read brilliant ones, good ones, ok'ish ones and ones that at the end i have thought what a waste of time that was but this book i can honestly say was definitely worth the read, i couldn't put it down! the story is well written with characters as strange as it sounds i came to like. From the title you can see what the book is about(the first seven days), Howie a night manager at Tesco, he survives the first seven days of a zombie apocalypse, the story basically starts out with him wanting to find at first his parents and then his sister who lives in London, anybody who likes books of this genre will know that London would be off limits in a zombie apocalypse so you can imagine that this at times is an edge of the seat page turner. There is so much more to this book than what i have said and there is more than one main character as the book progresses but i don't want to spoil a great read so give it a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Fantastic!, 21 April 2014
I bought this from reading a recommendation when leaving a review for a dire book and I'm so glad I did. Put simply, this is by far the best Zombie book I've read, even better than Mark Tufo. The story is brilliant, the characters come to life in the writing (the relationship between Dave and Howie had me laughing, worrying, willing, etc!!) You don't usually find Zombie books that dare to stray from the accepted format, this one does and it excels in every way.

The author writes with what appears to be a genuine ease and tells the story so well, it's hard to put the book down and at 782 pages, it kept me riveted until the very end, then left me wanting more, luckily I bought the next instalment so can keep going. The author reminds me of Stephen Leather (who wrote the excellent Spider series of books, no Zombies but a hint of Dave in Spider!)

Anyway, simply put, the best book I've read for ages and one of the best I have ever read. I'll dip my toe in and read some other writings from the Author, if they are half as good as this, then I'll be happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 21 April 2014
This is one of the best zombie book series I have read in a while, nice that its in the UK as well. Many of the negative reviews are from people who criticise some of the authors idea, I laugh at those suggesting the story line is not credible I mean are any zombie stories close to reality?

The characters are great and the story lines never fails to make you want to read more .

5.0 out of 5 stars Go English zombie killers, 30 Jun. 2014
Yeah a decent zombie novel set in England, read about them kicking butt with very few weapons, which makes this book even better in my view! I loved this book so much I could have kept on reading it forever
So much action is packed into every one of the seven days that this book contains, that I think it is one of the most action packed novels that I have read.
I thought all the characters were believable and almost all were lovable. Mr Howie is so great and the fact that he is an everyday guy, a Tesco manger no less, makes the reader root for him and all of his team to the end. Which I did shed a few tears at, but this was countered by all the laughs that I had throughout the book.
Right I am now going to buy the next seven days and I cannot wait to start it!

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute pleasure to read., 12 Jun. 2014
I bought this on a bit of a gamble. I'd never heard of RR Haywood but thought i would give this a go...and i'm so glad i did. There's a lot of books/trilogies/series i have read over the years, but not many that i have been so engrossed in i couldn't put down. I recall Raymond E Feist's daughter of the empire trilogy, David Moody's Hater series amongst my favourites, and now this. I found the first 10 pages a little tough to get into but once i did... boy was i hooked. The characters will keep you turning that kindle page as you follow their journey for survival and you find yourself almost knowing their personalities in real life. I could waffle on all day, but if your into the genre, buy this book.. seriously, it stands above the high majority of books in the genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Read, 2 Nov. 2013
Mr. S. Perkins "Wittyman" (london UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic, so far, 7 days down and I'm really into it...the humour in it make me laugh (commuting to work, got me some looks). All I can say is if you want a good story, witty, strong characters, get these books. I NEVER write reviews for books, I did with this. Thanks to the author-keep up the good work..

5.0 out of 5 stars Turn your brain off and enjoy, 22 Mar. 2014
I have read a few 'Zombie' books and this is the best by far. Once the story started and l got to know the characters involved, I was hooked. The story just pulled me in, to a point that I could nearly be there doing battle with Howie and Dave, it made me laugh and it made me cry (not literally cry, but close) and few books can do that to me. There are a few mistakes, but nothing to ruin the storyline. Ignore the errors and enjoy the book for what it is, 'an escape from reality'. Great book and set in two towns that I have lived in, London and Salisbury, so perhaps I can identify?. On to day eight now and I can't wait to see what happens. Oh, ps, If you don't like books like this then don't read them, simple as.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 April 2014
I love this book and if you're a fan of Zombie survival books you will too! Each character is so well written and the situations they get into to are varied and gripping! Buy it now! You won't be disappointed!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it!, 4 April 2014
Addictive. Like 'forget to eat or drink anything for hours on end until you finish it' addictive. Like '5am, you've been up all night and the kids are going to wake up in 2 hours yet you just have to read 1 more chapter' addictive. Like 'as soon as you finish one book you download the next immediately and spend all day really looking forward to bedtime to find out what's happening' addictive. Now you can buy the first 7 books in one! Be prepared not to sleep, eat, drink or wee for a few days, sit back and enjoy.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Undead with a collective intelligence...?, 4 Oct. 2013
R. Perpete (UK) - See all my reviews
I still can't make up my mind about this book, the writing format is all over the place - first person, third person and then a narrative. it's odd. Putting that aside it's still a good concept which set's it apart from other 'zombie' books and makes me wonder how it will eventually pan out and whilst I do have misgivings with the writing style I will probably still buy further books just to see what the author has planned with the intriguing idea of an infection that is self aware.