5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!
Not a typical 80s album but some really fantastic obscure hits that I had forgotten about! I have got so much enjoyment from listening to this in the car its a great driving cd :)
Published 21 months ago by MISS PAULA NOBLE

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
A bit dissappointing.
Published 3 months ago by Mrs Ashley Pope

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, 6 July 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 15 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Take On Me - 80's The Collection (MP3 Download)
Although there are some of the usual suspects that are duplicated on many other compilations, I found quite a number on here that weren't, so I was really pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great albumn, 4 May 2013
This review is from: 80's - The Collection (Audio CD)
arrived promptly, well packaged and is great listening, all the best tracks are included and some slightly lesser known ones. A full 5 star review is deserved for this item

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT 80'S TRACKS, BARGAIN PRICE MUST BUY!!!, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Take On Me - 80's The Collection (MP3 Download)
I HAVE TO SAY THIS IS A GREAT 80'S CD SET WITH SOME CLASSIC RARE HITS THAT TAKE ME BACK AND BRING BACK FANTASTIC MEMORIES OF GROWING UP, FOR ME THIS COLLECTION HAS NO FILLERS ON HERE, EVERY SONG IS A HIT TRACK. I ALSO LIKE TO SEE AN ALBUM THAT DOES NOT STICK WITH THE SAME OLD PLAYLIST OF TRACK. GREAT SELECTION OF SONG, RECOMMENDED TO ANY 80'S MUSIC LOVER

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 5 Feb. 2013
This review is from: 80's - The Collection (Audio CD)
this cd is brill loads of songs which where well known in the 80s but dont get played today
this is a must for all 80s fans i brought for my daughter but will get a copy for myself

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly different... but not really an accurate portrait of popular 80s 'hits', 25 Mar. 2014
Hal Marshall "It wasn't me!" (Essex) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 80's - The Collection (Audio CD)
I succumbed to the charms of this triple disc set in a garden centre on the Isle of Wight, and I had it paid for and then blaring out on my car stereo before I had even forgotten what I was actually supposed to have gone in there for in the first place. It was something of an 'impulse buy', shall we say; on account of the fact that (a) I am addicted to purchasing 80s compilation albums, and (b) this particular one shows immense good taste by including two different works by Siobhan Fahey. Well, three really, if you count the fact that she also co-wrote 'Young At Heart'. I chose to believe that meant this product and I were somehow destined to be together, a theory that probably wouldn't stand up to much scientific scrutiny, but which certainly worked for me.

In addition to which of course, '80s - The Collection' gives further refuge to some pretty rarely encountered tracks from that classic decade. Things like 'Twist In My Sobriety' and 'International Rescue' do not tend to put in too many appearances in these sorts of compilations. Admittedly, 'Venus' by Bananarama does get about a bit. Ditto 'Take On Me' by A-Ha and 'Johnny Come Home' by the Fine Young Cannibals. But, the point is, they are classic 80s songs.

Fair enough, 'The Collection' is a woolly enough title to be able to justify pretty much any track the compilers had chosen to shove on here. And they have done well as far as I am concerned. The problem is, it is the presence of such a diverse selection of music on these discs that forces me to give it four stars and not five. And that's quite something, given Siobhan Fahey's presence around the place.

As an addition to an already fairly extensive 80s music collection, it would earn a thoroughly well-deserved five stars for being innovative in the majority of its track selections. But I wouldn't want anyone to get the idea that what they will find within these 60 tracks is anything like a 'definitive' set of songs which could be said to reflect what was particularly popular in that decade. If you think of the most successful bands and artists who were around then, I bet not many of the names you're considering are to be found on here. In which case, as something that calls itself '80s - The Collection', it doesn't really collect anything like enough big names. Someone receiving a gentle introduction to 80s music at the hands of these three discs might come away with entirely the wrong impression of life as it was back then.

Sort of like going in to London to see the sights and getting no further than Dagenham.

If, like me, you're hopelessly addicted to 80s compilations, then I can thoroughly recommend this product to you (I don't care if you DO already have two dozen copies of 'Venus' about the place... what if a meteor destroys them all, what then?). However, if you're looking for something a little more in the way of an 'authentic' popular 80s music experience, I would respectfully suggest a different collection entirely. Much as I loathe and detest the song myself (well, familiarity breeds contempt and all that... unless we're talking about Siobhan Fahey), I have come to the conclusion that anything that features '99 Red Balloons' (or 'Down Under' for that matter) anywhere in its track list is probably going to be the sort of product which can do that kind of job.

And, if your luck's in, you'll probably find a copy of 'Venus' on your travels as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Aug. 2013
Jude Faulkner - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 80's - The Collection (Audio CD)
60 tracks for a fiver - what more could you from a compilation. I bought this for about 10 tracks I wanted which would have cost me 69p or 89p each so what a money saver. I also got tracks I had forgotten like: Life in a Northern Town and Seven Seas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 28 Jun. 2014
Good

5.0 out of 5 stars Great moemories come flooding back, 18 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Take On Me - 80's The Collection (MP3 Download)
This collection is full of classics that bring back so many memories of that era,
good value as a download

5.0 out of 5 stars 80 s collection, 9 Feb. 2014
This review is from: 80's - The Collection (Audio CD)
this was also a gift for a friend delivery really good item as decribebed really pleased enjoy listening to all the music

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›