5.0 out of 5 stars Best trainer I ever had
Very good support for flat arched foot. Comfy and its worth its money. Won't hesitate to recommend for any one with flat arched foot.
Published on 30 Mar. 2013 by Dr. A. Madasamy

3.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, not as comfortable as many other pairs ...
Great fit, not as comfortable as many other pairs of Asics I've had previously.
Published 4 months ago by Leighton Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Best trainer I ever had, 30 Mar. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Very dependable make, 15 Aug. 2013
John Rackham (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Have used Asics for over 20 years,this range sorted out a major imbalance problem which had stopped me running.Having tried all the major brands Asics were the only one which enabled me to wear down both shoes equally and cure a sciatic nerve problem.The latest model in the 2000 range is still the only shoe for me.I am now 79 years old and still running.

5.0 out of 5 stars another great trainer, 23 April 2013
Upgraded from my old gt2170 and more of the same great trainer. Good fit and support, and better colour than the old white and orange ones I had!

5.0 out of 5 stars I personally love these trainers, 19 Mar. 2013
Occasionally I review items which I have purchased - generally when there is a need.
The 2000s have had mixed reviews in the press not least regarding the slightly lower profile resulting in aching feet.
I recently spent over an hour in Sweatshop trying on at least a dozen different trainers.
These were the only ones that when I first put them on (that very first impression) felt right - hard to explain, but I am sure that you know what i'm saying.
Slight drama with delivery which was sorted out in Amazon's usual excellent manner.

I wore them in on 2 training runs and went on to complete the Reading Half in my best time in 5 years. Throughout the 1:50 my feet felt great - and more to the point my legs didnt ache as they usually do; I felt like I had loads more to give at the end.
My only let down was my mate beat me by some considerable margin of over 20mins in a pair of Mizuno's. I think the difference of two stone and several years-worth of triathalons was more the reason for the margin rather than the running trainers but I am unwilling to part with these 2000s so I guess no-one we will never find out/

So in short, like everything else in life - it's whatever works for you!!

I love 'em.

Ade

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be a bit better, 16 Sept. 2014
S. Lowe - See all my reviews
These shoes have great cushioning and, importantly, not too much. Had previously used 2170s and 2160s so expected these to be good. However, the toe box seems a little smaller, which, on longer runs can adversely impact the toes. I was told this had given me 'runner's toe'. What upsets me about all these Asics is that the material above the big toe seems designed to wear through before the cushioning has worn out, so as to compel the early purchase of new shoes. Having learned this the hard way via my multiple previous pairs of Asics, this time I resolved things by carefully placing a square of Duck tape on the inside of the toe area, where my big toe's nail had previously worn a hole in all my earlier pairs. Based upon my experience, if you do this carefully, making sure you have really good adhesion between the tape and the material so that your moving toes do not shift the tape, you will easily get twice as long a life from your shoes, before you have to consider moving on for renewed cushioning, as the toe does not wear through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value for money., 30 Aug. 2013
I needed running shoes that I could rely on, but that I could also justify buying, as I only run about 20 miles a week.
I have quite low arches, so these were perfect for my feet aswell. I am very happy with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like them, 15 July 2014
I've had these for a good few months now, ran the Warwick half marathon in them I think they are great value for money and excellent quality for a casual runner like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Trainers at a good price, 8 July 2014
I used these to train for my half marathon. Provided great support and were very comfy. They do wear quickly 4-6 months but they survived extensive training.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value!, 5 July 2014
Great purchase - no complaints whatsoever.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as previous model, 6 Jun. 2014
The shoe is a good fit but rather flimsy in relation to previous model and the bounce and support is not as good. A little disappointed but I still like Asics ahead of other brands .

Asics Men's Gt 2000 M Trainer