5.0 out of 5 stars Best trainer I ever had
Very good support for flat arched foot. Comfy and its worth its money. Won't hesitate to recommend for any one with flat arched foot.
Published on 30 Mar. 2013 by Dr. A. Madasamy

3.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, not as comfortable as many other pairs ...
Great fit, not as comfortable as many other pairs of Asics I've had previously.
Published 7 months ago by Leighton Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Best trainer I ever had, 30 Mar. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Very dependable make, 15 Aug. 2013
John Rackham (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Have used Asics for over 20 years,this range sorted out a major imbalance problem which had stopped me running.Having tried all the major brands Asics were the only one which enabled me to wear down both shoes equally and cure a sciatic nerve problem.The latest model in the 2000 range is still the only shoe for me.I am now 79 years old and still running.

5.0 out of 5 stars I personally love these trainers, 19 Mar. 2013
Occasionally I review items which I have purchased - generally when there is a need.
The 2000s have had mixed reviews in the press not least regarding the slightly lower profile resulting in aching feet.
I recently spent over an hour in Sweatshop trying on at least a dozen different trainers.
These were the only ones that when I first put them on (that very first impression) felt right - hard to explain, but I am sure that you know what i'm saying.
Slight drama with delivery which was sorted out in Amazon's usual excellent manner.

I wore them in on 2 training runs and went on to complete the Reading Half in my best time in 5 years. Throughout the 1:50 my feet felt great - and more to the point my legs didnt ache as they usually do; I felt like I had loads more to give at the end.
My only let down was my mate beat me by some considerable margin of over 20mins in a pair of Mizuno's. I think the difference of two stone and several years-worth of triathalons was more the reason for the margin rather than the running trainers but I am unwilling to part with these 2000s so I guess no-one we will never find out/

So in short, like everything else in life - it's whatever works for you!!

I love 'em.

Ade

5.0 out of 5 stars another great trainer, 23 April 2013
Upgraded from my old gt2170 and more of the same great trainer. Good fit and support, and better colour than the old white and orange ones I had!

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be a bit better, 16 Sept. 2014
S. Lowe - See all my reviews
These shoes have great cushioning and, importantly, not too much. Had previously used 2170s and 2160s so expected these to be good. However, the toe box seems a little smaller, which, on longer runs can adversely impact the toes. I was told this had given me 'runner's toe'. What upsets me about all these Asics is that the material above the big toe seems designed to wear through before the cushioning has worn out, so as to compel the early purchase of new shoes. Having learned this the hard way via my multiple previous pairs of Asics, this time I resolved things by carefully placing a square of Duck tape on the inside of the toe area, where my big toe's nail had previously worn a hole in all my earlier pairs. Based upon my experience, if you do this carefully, making sure you have really good adhesion between the tape and the material so that your moving toes do not shift the tape, you will easily get twice as long a life from your shoes, before you have to consider moving on for renewed cushioning, as the toe does not wear through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best GT yet., 19 May 2014
I have been wearing Gts for years and to be honest was considering a change, although this was just for the sake of it. I am glad I didn't though because these are still the best shoe for me. Very comfortable on long runs and amazingly light. In fact, when I first got them out of the box I thought that quality might be an issue because the plastic bits at the front going up from the sole to the laces seemed worrylingly thin. But a few months later they are still going strong and no isues with quality at all. All round a great shoe and I'm looking forward to my next half marathon. Cost is high as you would expect from a top of the range shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars positive dynamic shoe, 10 Nov. 2013
I have always run in Asics, so difficult to compare with other shoes. This is the first time, however I have tried the GT 2000 (mainly Kayano) This is a lower priced shoe (£58) compared to my regular Kayano, however I'm very impressed with this purchase and my first impression is that I prefer this shoe. For me, it feels a more positive run and seems to encourage a reduction in heel strike. My greatest distance in this shoe as been 10k and in future would choose the GT 2000 over Kayano for this distance. The Kayano maybe better for longer distance 10k+, but time will tell. Summary, for this price its a great shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Good successor to the Gel 2170, 12 Mar. 2014
Jim (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Having been using Asics Gel 2170 trainers for running for a couple of years, these are a good replacement. The fit is the same. I have found that Asics suit my feet. I run about 4 or 5 miles twice a week and these are perfect for me. Got a good price on Amazon - glad that I did not pay the extra at a sports shop for the privilege of trying them on first.

With Asics running shoes I find I consistently need a half UK size larger than with everday shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 7 Sept. 2013
I absolutely adore these runners.
I've been suffering from an injury since around February this year where I rolled my ankle quite badly and have had significant difficulties in running and weight bearing on the effected ankle. After a lot of physiotherapy and custom made orthotics I decided to invest in a decent pair of running trainers with good support and these fit the bill perfectly. I can now run again pain free! Top marks to Asics.

4.0 out of 5 stars GT2000, 4 Nov. 2013
These runners were to replace my GT2160. They feel the same to me if a little larger for some reason (size 46). Usually ASICS fitting is the same across runners so I was a bit suprised. However they perform the same to me, as a moderate runner. Price was good but I have seen them since at a better price.

Asics Men's Gt 2000 M Trainer