5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech UE 900 Earphones
Published 13 months ago by Steve D

3.0 out of 5 stars Good phones bad cable.....
These earphones give excellent performance - my review is for the Blue set with the inbuilt Microphone - but there are some significant niggles hence 3 stars, it would be 4 stars for the black cable. All reviews done with FLAC or HI-Res audio files.

Published 2 months ago by marty989

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech UE 900 Earphones, 9 Oct 2013
Steve D (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech UE 900 Noise Isolating Earphones (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
I had been using UE Triple-fi 10s for over five years when, finally, the sound started to go from one channel (and a replacement cable made no difference). Having had such reliable service from the TF10s (when I had previously gone through two pairs of Shures in less than three years) I knew that I wanted to stick with UE, and I really wanted the 900s, but I was put off by the price. I did lots of research into other brands and nearly drove myself crazy trying to decide but, in the end, I knew the indecision was being caused by the fact that I really wanted these.

I'm happy to report that since I received them any misgivings I had about the price have become non-existent. These are fabulous earphones. I have spent the last few days working through my music collection, hearing detail in the songs that I either hadn't noticed before, or hadn't heard in so long that I'd forgotten about them. The sound is crisp, bass punchy, and I have really noticed how well the vocals come through. The soundstage is spacious and really gives the music room to breathe. I was fortunate in that the silicon tips that were on the earphones out of the box are a perfect fit. I briefly tried the Comply tips and another pair of the silicons, but immediately went back to the original ones. The sound isolation is very good indeed, better than the TF10s I find, although I have had to stop myself using them whilst walking along the street as, even with the volume right down, I found I wasn't as aware of my surroundings as I should be. On the tube, though, they are fantastic.

So, excellent earphones. But what I really want to note is Logitech's customer support. The UE 900's come with the blue (mic) cable attached and I was blown away immediately using them as was. But I decided to switch to the black (audio) cable just to check everything was working and immediately noticed a slight bias in the sound towards the left channel. I spent a couple more days listening to this to see if it was my imagination, switched back to the blue cable and found that it wasn't. I contacted Logitech by email and asked them if they had any possible solution, and received a reply within a few hours saying they would send me a new cable without further question. I was very pleased with this - although at this price it is the least you should expect.

Obviously, I can't judge long-term durability as yet, but I would hope that they will last at least as long as the Triple-fi 10s. I will edit my review at a later date should this prove not to be the case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great earphones, 29 April 2013
I am the happy owner of Sennheizer HD650 and Beyerdynamic DT770pro. I didn't expect much from the UE900 since a good pair of headphones is not something new for me. I was wrong!

The clarity of the UE900 is amazing. Without having too much treble and without having too much bass. These iems are warm and very pleasant to listen to music for hours and hours. The soundstage is really big and in conjunction with the Fiio E17 it becomes even bigger.

If I have to try to find something negative, the only thing I can say is that the memory wire is a bit elastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones., 4 Aug 2014
I recently purchased these as i thought the price was very good, having recently sold a set of shure se530 and sony mdr-ex1000 these looked very promising at this price being quad armature, besides the fact theres a lot of praise for the way they sound all over the internet so i thought ill go for it.

In the box comes plenty of nice accessories as you would expect at this price, a nice jet black hard case which is great looking but doesnt lock shut which is annoying so tipping the case can cause the headphones to fall out. Comes with two cables which is excellent, the cables are pretty nice, well made however tangle like hell so something to keep in mind.

The earphones themselves are good looking, smaller than any pictures will make them look which is a nice suprise, a bit plasticky and a tad light compared the the utterly stunning sony mdr-ex1000 which were magnesium and built great, these ue900 seem solid enough but my only worry is logitech has had a good amount of failures with these and has made numerous upgrades along the production process over time.

Which brings me onto the issue, these headphones are clearly cut price because they are earlier models which have none of the small upgrades to durability, although i have yet to have issues i am always fearfull i may need to use the warranty in the future, however i am not going to mark these down for a problem i have not had yet, just keep in mind you are getting earlier builds of a set of earphones that has seen some build updates to newer made headphones which i guess you will not get a discount on.

The sound is excellent, bass is strong and extends deep, mids are silky smooth and the highs are sweet also and are in ny opinion the highs perform better than the mighty sony headphones as the ex1000 was rather tiring to listen to with very sharp highs.

My only gripe so far with the sound is if you really drive the volume high, i mean real high like with a small headphone amplifier they do lose control and distortion comes into play which is not great, ive not experienced any other high end headphones that struggle with high power like these. However at high volume that isnt seriously high they perform excellent and are a joy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars One word: Superb, 15 Nov 2013
These are my 4th or 5th IEM's after previous Sennheisers, Shure E5C's & 535's, UE Triple-FI 10's and some others I can't remember.

These UE900's are better than all of the above. Better bass, better clarity, better fit (especially compared to the Triple-Fi's which are a pig in that regard).

To be fair, they are nothing like as good as a full sized headphone such as my AKG 701's or Sennheiser 650's, but for IEM's I think they are amazing. I haven't tried the Sennheiser IE800's but they would have to be pretty darned special to beat the UE900's and especially at 2x the price!

If you are in the market for a £300 pair of IEM's, these are the ones to beat, imho. If you are super lucky, you might even find them much cheaper than that, as I was fortunate enough to do :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fantastic, 12 April 2013
P. S. Abreu "PSAbreu" (Madeira Island, Portugal) - See all my reviews
I'll skip all the description and info about the product and focus only in audio quality and usability.

I must refer I've been listening music in last 4 years almost exclusively on ultimate ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro, had a few previous earphones from Shure, etc. so I am not new to the listening experience using quality IEM's. So let me resume the essential:

Sound Quality
1. Lowers - TF10 was good, UE900 is fantastic. You can "clearly" notice the difference between different low frequency drums, they are punchier, more defined. One of the main improvements from TF.
2. Mids - Crystal clear. I would say better by a small margin over TF, seen some rave reports about it but really can't say because TF were already very good in this subject.
3. High frequencies - A huge improvement over TF IMHO, so much more in control and NO sibling!

Up front Wide soundstage, fast and punchy - the key signature of Ultimate Ears. 10/10

Others
Big improvement on the braided cable, its more susceptible to tangle but so much more confortable, doesn't pick extraneous sounds from bumps and the twisting connection helps the fit and durability.
The shape of the case is another big improvement, you never have to readjust fit and helps isolating environment.
I also like the box but I thing the metal case from TF was better, why? because the box of UE900 opens easily, its a magnetic lock but if you drop the case more than 5 inches high, it opens and the monitors fall out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good phones bad cable....., 4 Sep 2014

The good - Excellent noise isolation and good performance from the microphone. I got these to replace a set of Klipsch phones that died that were excellent for phone use but so-so for serious listening to music. The Logitech set on the other hand have excellent detail particularly in the high frequency range where you can actually hear the different types of cymbal being hit by the drummer with the contact of the stick being clearly discernible. The bass response is a little light, even after 24 hours of continual play to break the earphones in. Compared to a Sure SE535 the sound staging and stereo placement is not as precise, and the Sure also has a more clearly defined bass so a complex bass line can be easily picked out in a dense mix without resorting to bumping the volume knob.

The not so good - Logitech supply these things with either a massive hard case or a little cloth sack with a draw string. The braided nature of the cable means that if you use the cloth sack the cables become very tangled up, and its a real pain to spend 3 or 4 minutes untangling the cable every time. By comparison the Sure has a small rigid case and no braiding on the cable so you are up and running in 30 seconds. Another bugbear is the over ear stiff wire that slowly forgets its shape so that every 20 minutes these puppies spring out of your ear. To be fair Logitech recommend pulling the cables tight from the back of the head to secure in place but that's not practical if you want to use the microphone.

Overall if you plan on just using the black cable to only to music (no mic) and like to hear a lot of fine detail in your music then for the price these come recommended - they would be particularly good for monitoring duties in a band or performance situation, but you will have to do the behind the neck tightening dance. I would also recommend finding your own case that doesn’t tangle the chord as much.

If all you want is some good earphones with a mic for your moby with listening duties to your music as a second priority then you might be better off with a bargain priced set from Sennheiser or Klipsch as your mic set and a separate set of quality phones for when you are on longer journeys or don’t want to answer the phone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great sounding phones when they work, 29 July 2014
Great sounding phones when they work, but premium phones like these should not be prone to manufacturing defects. The ear pieces are detachable from the cable so you can change the cable colour - however, this introduces a design weakness in the joint between cable and earpiece, in that they are prone to not connect properly leading to the sound cutting out from that earpiece. Both sets of phones that I have bought have sufferred heavily from this straight out of the box, and I often spend a minute or two adjusting the connection just to get sound out of both earpieces. My first pair were stolen, but the sound was so good I was willing to overlook this as potentially a defect with that particular set. But with my replacement set, I had to ditch one of the supplied cables entirely as no amount of adjusting could get sound out of the earpiece. I believe this is a fundamental and fatal design flaw.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true upgrade to the excellent triple fi 10 pro, 26 Oct 2014
Bought these when the price dropped after initially being blown away by UE's previous flagship, the tf10 pro's. At first I felt the bass had been sacrificed too much but as my ears got accustomed to the new sound (its very important to give your ears this adjustment time) I realised that the sound was more refined and balanced in every way. All apects of your music will be perfectly rendered with a wider sound stage than the tf10. Also, the treble is so smooth it makes the tf10 sound quite harsh ans grainy in comparison. The thing that seals the deal with these though is the fit which for me is perfect. So much more comfortable, easier to fit and less "specialised" looking than the tf10. Combined with an excellent set of accessories and a sharp contemporary look these really won't disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech UE900 Noise Isolating Earphones, 12 Feb 2013
Mrs V (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Superb Sound, excellent quality and superb comfort is what these have provided me with. Being the first pair of over-ear phones I've owned I found the clear tubes retaining the wires very easy to mold to the shape of my ear whether I wanted to have the cable at the front or at the back hidden under my hat in this freezing weather. My husband owns the 'Westone 4 R-Series Ultra High-Performance Stereo Earphones' which he treats like a precious child! So I had to given him my Logitech UE900s straight out of the box to listen and compare with before he would honour me with the same option. I think they are both so similar that I would be delighted to be the owner of either and my husband agrees.

Cannot recommend them highly enough just for the sound quality alone, but the extra wire with inbuilt control, plethora of different earphone covers and quality box (which I wouldn't use as too heavy) make these a sound investment - truly delighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Triple Fi Pro 10, 27 Jan 2014
The sound is superb, i have used UE TF PRO 10 for years even before Logitech bought the company. This New Quad Driver Blows the Triple fi pro out the water, they are still great but the UE 900 are the best off the best, it was UE who first started using drivers in ear headphones. a great product 1 left, dont let it go lol

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›