5.0 out of 5 stars Back to bass...
Published 17 months ago by techpuppy

2.0 out of 5 stars If the plugs were better...
The sound quality for this kind of money is decent.

But... the plug which is on the headphones side of the cable is constantly ripping of and I receive a mono sound experience due to that fact:(
Published 1 month ago by Sibin Georgiev

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to bass..., 27 Jan 2013
techpuppy "aka stylepuppy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Logitech UE 4000 Headphones - White (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I always avoided those awful earphones Apple used to bundle with iPods and iPhones - hopefully the new EarPods are better but the original earphones were awful and never revealed how good iPods and iPhones can actually sound. My current pair of Sennheiser headphones (my latest in a long line of Sennheisers) needed replacing so I took a chance on these Logitech UE4000's and I'm glad I did. Normally I'd say that headphones can't have too much bass but these might have me eating my words - there's so much thumping bass here that I had to check the EQ settings just to make sure I hadn't left something switched on - I hadn't.

Logitech have given the UE4000's a sleek, uncluttered look and they feel solidly made, if slightly heavy for their size. The fit on your head is firm but comfy and they should stay in place for your entire trip to work - although joggers might want to look elsewhere. The entire tangle-resistant cord connects/disconnects from the headset (using a standard 2.5mm plug) which makes tucking it under clothing a bit easier and means that if the cord breaks or wears out (as they often seem to) you can just replace it - they're available from the Logitech website. The connection into the headset feels secure and hopefully Logitech have fitted a good quality socket into the headset so it never develops that crackly, cutting-out fault that can happen, otherwise there's little advantage in replaceable cables. At the iPhone end the cable has a right-angled plug and I'm not convinced that was a great idea, it's just being pulled straight again most of the time. No part of the headset folds or pivots flat for storage but you do get a very nice zip-up and fully-lined storage bag to pack them in.

As I said, these headphones have bass to spare - big thumping lead-footed slabs of it! Depending on your music choice, it's a bit overpowering at times - like standing next to the sound system at your favourite club. Purists might not appreciate it as it's certainly not a neutral 'audiophile' sound, but it's powerful and involving, especially with electronic and dance music. Maybe inevitably, the top-end gets a bit drowned out sometimes, it's all there but lacks real crispness. The closed-back design blocks out a significant amount of ambient noise and the headphones are relatively loud, compared to some, so these headphones really seem to have been designed for music loving commuters on noisy public transport.

The mic and remote control built into the cord work perfectly with my iPhone 4 so you can take/make calls and change songs or the volume without having to de-pocket your iPhone. If you have one of the newest iMacs the mic/remote works on them too so you've got a pair of FaceTime or Skype compatible headphones too. Note that if you use the included two-way splitter to share your music it disables the remote/mic functionality of the headphones. To have the convenience of the mic and remote control AND get a decent sound from a pair of headphones is almost worth the price alone for me. While it's possible to get headphones with a 'truer' sound than the UE4000's I still like them a lot - they're the best pair of headphones for music-loving commuters or travellers I've tried.

2.0 out of 5 stars If the plugs were better..., 30 May 2014
The sound quality for this kind of money is decent.

5.0 out of 5 stars great sound bargain price, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Logitech UE 4000 Headphones - White (Electronics)
Really great sound for just 30 and even on android the mike works for calls although the volume keys don't work although it is designed for apple products

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall but not blown away, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Logitech UE 4000 Headphones - White (Electronics)
Overall i am happy with the headphones they are comfortable sleek and small, but i wasnt blown away by the sound quality. I mean it probably better then your average headphones but not the amazing 5 star reviews which claim that these are something else when listening to music through them.

1.0 out of 5 stars The most uncomfortable headphones I've ever owned., 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Logitech UE 4000 Headphones - White (Electronics)
Reading the reviews on these headphones I thought these would be a good buy but I was very wrong. I do not recommend these for anyone that wears glasses.

PRO:
They look stylish

CONS:
They're uncomfortable if worn longer than 20 minutes
Dig into your skull if you wear glasses
Can hear your footsteps as you walk with them on.
Sound quality isn't that great in comparison to a 10 pound Sony headset.
Bass is non-existent.

I plan on returning these since I don't have a clue if this is just a faulty pair or if they are all similar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Logitech UE 4000 Headphones - White (Electronics)
Really good headphones and for a good price as it was on sale. Perfect for cancelling out noise and it is comfortable on the ears.

5.0 out of 5 stars nifty and punchy, 8 Dec 2013
Paul M. Corby "Audiophile" (Leics, UK) - See all my reviews
Really pleased with these so far. Only had them a fortnight but have used them in a variety of situations including gaming at home, listening to music whilst walking, films on the train and music at home. The sound is clear and crisp and the base really drives in.

They're not designed with gaming in mind but still work well with Battlefield 4, allowing me to know where the enemy is etc whilst giving real presence to the snap and bang of the guns.

Music wise they're very good, very pronounced bass and clear crisp treble. I mostly listen to hip hop and house music and these are perfect for the job.

I watched a feature length film on the train with these and comfort levels were good throughout- quote often forgetting they were on.

Whilst travelling around I like to have a little bit of ambient sound coming in, so as not to miss any traffic etc and these let just enough in that I know what's going on around me without it affecting the quality of music I'm listening to.

The cans are a little smaller than I expected and only just comfortably cover my ears. If you have particularly large ears this could be able issue but they'd really have to be something! I read someone suggest the could be used for exercise- personally I perspire far too much when doing HIIT training etc and wouldn't want to have wires dangling when doing weights so couldn't comment on this, but they definitely are a snug fit so I could see them previously being useful in the gym. Perhaps a bit awkward if you wanted to go for a jog, mind you.

All in all a very happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Logitech UE 4000 Headphones - White (Electronics)
Great headphones, sound quality is excellent, but more importantly they are very sturdy, last three sets of headphones have broken in some way, usually the cushioning over the earpiece fails but these are still going strong

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Logitech UE 4000 Headphones - White (Electronics)
Fantastic. Just what I wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT!!!, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Logitech UE 4000 Headphones - White (Electronics)
I LOVE THE BASS ON THEM ,TOP QUALITY HEADSET WITH HIDDEN MIC :) PERFECT FOR MUSIC ON THE WAY

Logitech UE 4000  Headphones - White