5.0 out of 5 stars Closer to my soul
I am a big fan of Scott Schuman's posts from thesartorialist.com as he manages to capture in each one the free-spirited, bold, powerful, live and colorfull personalities his subjects embody.

Published 19 months ago by Anca Teodora Sandu

3.0 out of 5 stars M-m-m-m
If you follow the marvellous Sartorialist Blog, as I do, then this is a reheat of his many inspiring photographs.
Published 4 months ago by V.

5.0 out of 5 stars Closer to my soul, 3 Jan 2013

Both volumes (first one and Closer as well) are like a breath of fresh air as they open a window, or a door into a wonderland where people express thelselves loud and proud...and they manage to do this in style.

Closer makes by Sunday afternoons an ideal way to spend time daydreaming, arranging and re-arraging my wardrobe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the blog .... you'll love the book!, 3 Nov 2013
I am a huge fan of the blog and this book is a great buy for any fashonista.

Both Volumes 1 and 2 have a permanent place on my coffee table and all my girlfriends love flicking though.

I only wish there was a large hardback version :)

This is definitely on my Christmas list for some of my friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fashionistas will love this, 29 Dec 2012
This is a great coffee table addition. An eclectic selection of photos which keep your interest. So good I bought one for a friend too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to the next one already..., 5 Dec 2012
Bought Volume 1 (and raving about it so much that it is) a given among my peers that I am going for the 2nd when it is out. Now, both has its permanent place on my vast shelf of books. I am not in the fashion industry; my shelves are decked with books ranging from psychology to politics so it was a surprise to my husband that I took an interest in fashion photography. Considering my preference for a colour palette that is often referred to as 'earthy' I doubt that I would appear in his book when I blend seamlessly with the buildings that surround me. Though not one to indulge, I enjoy the eccentric fashionable crowd (by that I mean those who really stand out in a good way. I hardly notice the wannabes), I often find them entertaining visually; thanks to Scott I begin to admire things that I would not have picked up before (or perhaps I did, but never put a word to each); details, colours and textures. I enjoy Scott's pictures very much, not just for the aesthetics of fashion but visual pleasure of the subjects who have obviously put in thought and effort to how they would to be seen and appreciated. I would be keeping an eye for more from Scott. Meanwhile, I think I should get myself a bright scarf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer Delight., 18 Jun 2014
This book is inspirational, and shows everything that is so vibrant about real people and how they dress.It projects their personalities, and it is a joy to see so many smiles. The photography is awesome . I can,t get enough of it, and will buy Volume One.Mr Schuman,might you consider visiting London to take a few shoots , if you haven, t already?

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, 7 May 2014
E. Culpin "Ronag" (London) - See all my reviews
I don't think I will ever get bored of picking this book up and flicking through the pages. Some really interesting people with a good cross section of ages and styles. The photography is beautifully shot and the subjects always appear quite natural and not too staged. I want to get his other books now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great photos, great style!, 22 April 2014
So inspiring! Makes me so happy to see so many different types of persons, shapes, ages, colours and surprising outfits!

3.0 out of 5 stars M-m-m-m, 25 Mar 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational street fashion, 15 Oct 2013
M. Bos (Haarlem, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This is a book to inspire you, showing real people (although most do have model looks) in the street with interesting, striking or just plain different looks. Good for stylists but also people wanting to find their own style and looking for inspiration. Photographs are beautifully reproduced and a gem too for on the coffee table.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will love it, 21 Sep 2013
If you have the first volume, you have to buy the second. Pictures continue being fantastic. You will get lots of ideas for your outfits.

[ THE SARTORIALIST: CLOSER (THE SARTORIALIST VOLUME 2) BY SCHUMAN, SCOTT](AUTHOR)PAPERBACK
Used & New from: 10.70