5.0 out of 5 stars loved it,very enjoyable
I downloaded this recently as freebie to my kindle and read it almost at once. The idea of upping sticks and moving to Ireland was very appealable to me. The author has had a health scare recently and decided it was now or never to get out of the rat race and live the dream.
Published 20 months ago by cruise queen

3.0 out of 5 stars An Irish Tail
My choice of stars was quite low because although the book was interesting it was by no means 'hilarious' and that was disappointing, it raised a smile or two but sadly did not come up to expectations,
Published 5 months ago by tibbs

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it,very enjoyable, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: An Irish Tail: A comical tale of an English couple and their unruly dogs, searching for a new life in rural Ireland (Kindle Edition)
The book does go on a lot about how they tackled all the renovation works themselves at the cottage they finally bought and mixed in there are a lot of tales or should that be tails about the dogs . Many dogs.. and chickens and ducks. The bit about when the author had to go to hospital with a personal problem had me crying with laughter.. OH didnt understand juast what was so funny but being a bloke he wouldnt find it as funny as I did!! ( Read the book, you will know exactly what I am on about)
I held back the tears.. only just when the book got very sad over the death of a couple of the dogs, but it was a lovely book to read. I d gladly have paid for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and very informative, 3 Mar 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The story was interesting from beginning to end. It was amazing how Nick and his wife were able to turn their hands to so many different skills. Their lifestyle changes really appealed to me and I hope they continue to have a long and happy life in Ireland.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing, 12 Mar 2014
I chose five stars because it was well written and amusing. Being Irish myself I could easily identify with the situations the author found himself in as he travelled through parts of Ireland. Well done for being an English man and still understanding our humour!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 16 May 2014
Very funny, and sometimes a bit sad. Liked reading about places I know in Ireland, in fact, re-awakened my desire to live there!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read., 18 Mar 2014
If you know the Irish in Ireland it is so true to life. Definitely laugh out loud. Made me want to go back again.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 31 Mar 2014
It's a good read, am enjoying what I have read so far am not finished yet but am liking the story.

3.0 out of 5 stars An Irish Tail, 3 April 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars really enjoyable read, 2 Mar 2014
Well done on an excellent account of your move to Ireland, hope all is well there still . Good luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars You must read this story., 15 Jan 2014
Very, very funny. I could not wait to get to the end of the story - just to see if they lived happily ever after - with all their troubles of the house, and upsets of the dogs etc. A very ghood read.

5.0 out of 5 stars One for those who love Ireland, 8 Jan 2014
I loved this book and having an Irish background could so relate to the couples experiences. Even if you are not of Irish decent but love Ireland and the people, this is for you. Enjoy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›