on 8 May 2016
I ploughed through this easy to read book in a few hours. A few minutes in I opened a notebook, there were so many practical suggestions I wanted to remember!

Highly recommended for anyone new to a management role.
on 9 August 2013
I loved this book. I've recently been asked to become manager of a small team and was looking for some literature to study. This book has given me lots of practical ideas and techniques to try! I really recommend it to anyone looking for inspiration.
Also it's very well written, so it's quite quick and easy to read. Authors have done a great job.
on 17 March 2011
I am not a manager, but I do manage my own work. The authors share their knowledge how you can improve for instance your workshops and one-on-one meetings. The templates are very practical, so you can start using them immediately.

Stop blaming or placating your manager, because you can really help your manager and yourself by following the authors advise.

I used to think I could "juggle" multiple projects at once. Rothman and Derby explain why multitasking is such a myth, what a relief. Slowly I'm constructing and managing my own project portfolio.
on 9 February 2006
Practical, very readable and full of sound advice which works. Genuinely useful books for new managers are rare in my experience and this is one of the best I've come across.
on 29 December 2014