on 7 December 2012
I never thought I would love any stories as much as those set in Newford, but I never miss a Charles De Lint, and these desert based tales are definitely finding their way into my heart. Charles De Lint always manages to leave you feeling like you've just experienced a little bit of magic, and this is no exception. In my humble opinion, the man is nothing short of genius when it comes to story telling. Don't just think about it - read it :)
on 15 July 2015
What can I say - I loved this, yes it's a short story, yes it left me wanting more and could be a 'seed' of a bigger story but it's a perfect gem in and of it's self. Charles De Lint is a master at the art of tale-spinning.. and as with any artist he has left this reader wanting more when the last page is reached.
on 4 March 2013
A small, flawless example of de Lindt's voice and storytelling gift; a great introduction to his works and ways. Fantastic.