on 14 January 2013
Unfortunately a key part of the book is corrupted - namely chapter VII on the Stoics has the section on Zeno of Citium and the associated extensive discussion of Stoicism substituted with material copied from Chapter IX on Zeno of Elea. As I bought the book because of an interest in the Stoics this is a particularly unfortunate omission. The importance of the book to scholars more generally is also in part because of his discussion of Stoic texts long since lost to us. Amazon, I would be grateful if I could receive a complete version of the book! I am not sure if all Kindle versions have this fault or it is just the version I received.
on 3 January 2012
This edition is part of the Forgotten Books "classic reprint" series, which means that it is a scanned in copy of an 1853 edition of of the book; the letters are corrupt and it is difficult to read. If you're after a facsimile of a historical translation then you're in the right place. If you want to actually read the text, don't buy.
on 29 August 2010
This is an excellent review of all the Greek philosophers and their beliefs, many of which are relevent today, despite having bee forgotten by many of our intellectuals.