5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent puzzle game app
Published 17 months ago by paulat

3.0 out of 5 stars Puzzles on a Kindle
Too fiddly foe use on a kindle. Also too easy to click on to the next puzzle and get the solution first
Published 12 months ago by Mrs B Stevenson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent puzzle game app, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: 102 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets) (Kindle Edition)
I enjoy games that require thought and help sharpen my mind and memory. I get bored with simple mindless games quickly and I like to be challenged. The puzzles in this book are a great mixture of easier and harder puzzles so I can choose the type of puzzle that I want to work through on a given day. The fact that there is a table of contents makes it so much easier to find the kind of puzzle I would like to work on. This book is a great collection of fun and challenging puzzles that I enjoy working on myself or with my young niece. If you enjoy challenging games and puzzles, I would recommend this collection. The HD graphics are excellent and really add a new dimension to the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunningly Looking and FUN Mental Puzzles!! =), 20 Jan 2013
This is really great stuff for me who is someone who loves to think all day long. I am what you might want to call a "theorist", I love to figure out how things work and why. I love to think, to be engaged in cognition, in other words and what couldn't be better than enjoying myself with these amazingly 102 puzzle quizzes on daily basis? They are not too simple, easy or too hard or complicated. They just hit the "sweet spot" right where it is supposed to be! =)

In this HD-version you will meet visually deliciously challenges that will not only be joyful to solve but also to watch and imagine as these pictures truly are eye-candy! Beautiful spatial problems where you need to rotate objects inside your mind to figure out what fits and what does not fit, mathematical numbers to run in your mental calculator so to speak, and much more (which I leave you to find out!).

Another great thing with this kind of product, is that it fits all ages, from the little young ones, to the old and intellectual ones (not to suggest all younger people are stupid, of course not, LOL). I have given this book to my 12 year old son and he absolutely loves it. It is not too repetitive, not too challenges, but neither too easy. It is just what he needs and it is a great way for him and his grandparents to bond to instead of him playing all these violent video games all day long.

My wife also enjoys this when she is waiting in line somewhere or just being bored out of her mind (did I say that we both are highly intellectual people and love to think?)
So, in short and in conclusion, these 102 puzzle quizzes will fit any gender and age, and it will bring much joy including mental health benefits as it has been shown by research, time after time, that spending time thinking about mental puzzles, are a great way to stimulate and keep your mind healthy. Think of it as "exercising your mental muscle" just as you exercise your physical muscles.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves to use their head to think from time to time! ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Workout for Your Brain!, 20 Jan 2013
At first, I had a tough time with some of the Grabachuk Family's puzzle books; they've since grown on me, and I do enjoy the challenge. While I can get a bit frustrated, it's nice to have a way to work out my brain without involving a gaming console
:-) And (like all their other books) I love this HD version! I'm not sure how they keep thinking up these awesome puzzles, but I really liked the visual style of puzzles in this volume. I found them intuitive and easy to get into.

I found that this volume starts out a little bit tougher than the others, and maintains a consistent level of difficulty. I found the end puzzles a bit easier then in previous volumes; maybe I'm actually getting better at this?

If you've enjoyed other Grabachuk books, or you like puzzles in general, then I recommend getting this. Personaly, I loved Brain Age on my DS, so this was perfect for me. If you enjoy it, be sure to get their other books too. While this can also be enjoyed on an e-ink device, I highly recomend the HD version; it is well worth the extra cost to have full colour puzzles and instructions; I feel it really adds to the overall experience.

Rodolfo

5.0 out of 5 stars fun and challenging puzzles, 19 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Puzzle Book, Another Hit at my House!, 18 Jan 2013
I buy EVERYTHING this writer/developer releases, and I have yet to be disappointed. I love these books, my husband loves them, and my ten year old son loves them. These are great for men, women, and all ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent product from the Grabarchuk family!!, 14 Aug 2012
I played this puzzle app on my iphone, ipad, Kindle for Mac and my Kindle Keyboard - all worked well, with no glitches and no problems. The graphics are very sharp and colourful and are pleasant to look at. The puzzles range from Difficulty Level One (easy - one star rating) to Difficulty Level Fi e (very difficult - five star rating), and encompass mathematical problems such as cube folding, puzzles which test your spatial awareness, and encourage your problem-solving skills in a fun, entertaining and relaxed environment, which can't be bad! Whether you are taking a five minute work break, or are a concerted puzzle enthusiast, this puzzle book/app has a wide variety of puzzles to test your brain!!

I first played this app on the Kindle for Mac, and found it very easy to navigate through the book. It's clearly stated that if you select an incorrect option, you have to use the 'Back' button. This works well on this app, but on the iphone and ipad especially, you have to add in an extra tap on the screen to return to the question, which is an extra step, and means you may lose your concentration/train of thought. I think that on touch screens, this feature is maybe a little clumsy, but it works beautifully when using the Kindle Keyboard, or any other true Kindle devices, (eg. Kindle Fire, etc).

If you're playing this on your iphone app, then hold your device in the landscape position, so you can see the whole of the puzzle, then move to the next screen to get the question. I think it works better this way, because you can accidentally cut off some of the graphics if you hold it in the portrait position. If playing on the ipad, however, hold it in the portrait position, so you don't see the next puzzle at the same time, and ruin the experience.

At the end of the puzzle, it may be good to have a 'Congratulations - you've completed this puzzle book' message, and maybe a total score of correct answers. Some of the puzzles from the Grabarchuk family give you a star rating for each correct answer, so maybe this could be incorporated into future upgrades of this app. It's just a suggestion - the puzzle works beautifully well, and I really enjoyed playing it.

This is a fun, relaxed way to help children with their maths homework as well - sitting down in a relaxed environment and working through these puzzles at your convenience may well reduce anxiety and stress with trying to learn lots of mathematical formulae and equations, which I was never very good at. If there had been something like this on the market when I was growing up then maths would have been a lot more bearable for me!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars 102 puzzle quickies, 11 Mar 2012
Mrs. L. S. Hewer (UK) - See all my reviews
It's great when you want a break from reading and using this on my kindle is just great. I like a puzzle to sop my mind ceasing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 3 May 2014
Helps give a family fun in using the computer which can normally segregate the youngers and elders. Worth a try.

2.0 out of 5 stars not what i wanted, 9 Oct 2013
kyli (nottingham) - See all my reviews
I thought this would be good for taking on holiday, but to me it was a complete waste of money. the puzzles were so easy and not a very good selection. I soon got bored with them

3.0 out of 5 stars Puzzles on a Kindle, 30 Jun 2013