on 22 May 2014
Since receiving and using the first of these heads, I straight away noticed that they felt different. The head has quickly become wobbly and catches my lip under it (which hurts!). I've just caught a clip on BBC1's 'Fake Britain' and saw it was talking all about fake Oral B toothbrush heads. One of the tell-tale signs of a fake is if the Oral B logo on the neck comes off with ethanol (or nail varnish remover will do). On genuine replacement heads the logo is lasered on and doesn't come off. I've just tried mine and, sure enough, the logo wiped off with just one swipe of a nail varnish remover-soaked cotton bud. So I've requested a refund and will now only buy replacements from reputable companies like Boots and Superdrug, even if it means paying more. The people interviewed on Fake Britain had had their fake toothbrush heads fall apart in their mouth and they very nearly swallowed a dangerous bit of plastic with a sharp nail on it, so the fakes are potentially very dangerous. Amazon, I presume you will be taking these off your website...?
on 27 August 2014
I bought some of these in November last year and all was OK for the first few weeks. However, shortly after Christmas my wife and son started complaining about the brushes nipping them in the mouth. Being a bit of a cynic, I put this down to just a fluke. However, shortly after that one disintegrated in my son's mouth, thankfully causing no damage, and the suspicions started to increase. Soon after that my brush started nipping the inside of my mouth drawing blood on more than one occasion and over the next couple of months other things happened that suggested these were not genuine:

1) The coloured rings started discolouring which they have never done before;
2) The brush-heads started getting looser and looser;
3) The bristles that are supposed to fade over time to indicate that it is time to change stayed as bright as on the day they were bought.

Having just bought a new set from a reputable source, and comparing them, there are a number of subtle differences that can be seen in the way that the head is attached; the "rocking mechanism" that is just visible in the hole on the side of the shaft; the density and consistency of the brush bristles and how tightly the brush-head fits on to the brush.

I am convinced that this is a counterfeit product and would recommend that people take care before purchasing.
on 16 December 2013
I have been using an Oral b toothbrush for 6 years and have replaced the head about every year. I bought this product rather than a generic one. I should have saved my money. These cannot possibly be genuine Braun parts. They are absolutely useless. I have tried three so far and they have all disintegrated within two weeks, DO NOT BUY!!!!
on 11 November 2014
These are not genuine Oral B toothbrushes! Don't buy them, they have cut and blistered the inside of both my upper and lower lip, after one week of use the head loosens to such an extent it jams your lip into the rotating head causing a great deal of pain. I am going to try and leave no stars but I'm sure it won't let me, so ignore that one star they're not worth it. I will be contacting trading standards as it is unlikely I will get my money back.
Amazon should pull this seller, I'm sure they won't though!
on 13 March 2013
I purchased these (2 x 4 pack) as the price was very reasonable compared with the High street, but I seriously believe that these are sub-standard or even counterfeit. The brush head becomes noisy and wobbles after only a week's use - this causes nipping of the inner cheek or tongue and I fear that the head will fall off completely in my mouth if I continue using it. On top of this, with such a 'wobble' the brush is not in proper contact with the tooth so is completely useless and perhaps even dangerous.

I have contacted Procter & Gamble for advice and am considering Trading Standards also if I get no satisfaction.

When I ordered these brushes from Amazon - there were no customer reviews for this item from this particular seller - but now, on searching Amazon for the "Precision Clean" brush heads there are many complaints going back to 2009 about this same problem. I would be very wary of buying so called "bargains"!
77 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 July 2014
They are not genuine oral-b toothbrush heads. The first one lasted 2 weeks and fell apart. The second one has lasted longer but the same thing is happening to all of the ones that I've used, the centre breaks and as your cleaning your teeth the brush pinches your lip
on 4 January 2014
I was a bit disappointed as the heads work loose after a while -
when this happens, they catch on your lip and one time, it actually
made my lip bleed. Think I will try to purchase them in Boots from
now on as have never had this problem before at a Chemists
on 15 December 2014
These are fakes if you are buying them from cheap_shop_online, can't vouch for other sellers though. They either didn't work from the start or stopped working after a couple of uses. The brush heads also looked and felt cheaply made. If you want third party brush heads that stop working after a couple of uses there are lots more on amazon that you can buy for a fraction of the cost.
on 28 December 2015
DO NOT BUY THESE THEY ARE FAKE, I bought eight of these November 2015, after just a couple of uses the brush head becomes loose and pinches your inner lip under the head and has made my mouth bleed inside. I HAVE ASKED FOR A REFUND. I have written to Amazon and trading standards they must be stopped selling them they can seriously hurt your mouth. If you do buy them, look at the brush head after use, hold it gently with your fingers and it will wobble badly from side to side if you continue to use them this will get worse until the gap under the brush head gets so bad it will pinch the skin inside your mouth. DO NOT BUY THESE.
on 28 September 2015
See images and comments here: [...]

The bristle colours have changed since 2009 but the rest of the details are the same.

I found that the simplest details to spot are the number at the back of the head and the position of the steel pivot with respect to the 2 dots at the top of the brush head.

The bristles on the fakes feel much harder to the touch than on the genuine ones. You will also notice that the bristles at 12 and 6 o'clock are lighter on the fakes than on the genuine heads.
review image review image review image