4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate
After trying so many scales and finding none of them accurate, this product is like a breath of fresh air. I constantly test and challenge them and they are impressively consistent which, let's face it, is what you want above and beyond anything else in a scale.

Published 6 months ago by Wendophilous

3.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Product But ........
This Beurer scale is beautifully designed and looks gorgeous in use when the display is lit. And I'm sure it's accurate (but see below) so why can I not give it five stars?

Published 21 months ago by Old Timer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, 28 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Beurer GS58 Driver's Dual Display Glass Bathroom Scale (Personal Care)

So why the 4*? Two things really... 1. As another reviewer mentioned, mine came with a hair INSIDE the glass of the measuring display and this cannot be removed. Yes, I could have sent them back but, as I say, the accuracy is excellent and I'm frankly afraid to risk losing that. However it's not very good sending out products with hairs in them! 2. They go through batteries fairly fast. This is in part the fault of my cats who enjoy standing on them and watching the dial, but not wholly.

Worth regards to not showing stones, I don't see this as an issue. You have the option of kg or lb and it's no hardship doing a quick calculation if you want to know stones. Also, one you've worked it out once you don't have to do it again if you can remember the number and just add or subtract from there.

So overall a good product. Not too pricey, with excellent accuracy, but some slightly dodgy manufacturing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent looking, accurate scales, 5 Aug. 2013
Steven (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These scales look amazing, and provide a clear digital read-out. Activating when you step on them, and illuminating the display with a futuristic-looking blue light, they make weighing a pleasure. I've set the display to read in lbs, and have been carefully watching my weight since they arrived two weeks ago.

They've replaced an analogue set that I've since found were inaccurate - I immediately liked the Beurer scales when they said I was lighter than I thought!

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice and easy to read, 31 Mar. 2014
W. J. Lauber (UK) - See all my reviews
Very happy with this device.. The dial is easy to read and lights up when needed.
only thing the wife says is she wishes it would display digitally in Stone's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 16 April 2013
This is a beautiful scale. The lights come on and you see the numbers in the dark. I am buying another one as a gift for my mother.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect but one of the best, 30 May 2014
First one was faulty (kept turning itself on and flattened the battery in a week) but Amazon replaced it swiftly. The second one is fine. Doesn't work on a carpeted floor as I have in my bathroom so placed it on top of a scale-size piece of granite from a stone mason and I get consistent readings every time now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend, 15 Jun. 2013
These are lovely looking, great quality and clear to see the weight which can either be kg or lb and then you also have analog so covers all bases!

3.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Product But ........, 27 July 2013
Old Timer (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The digital display can show lbs or kg. It cannot be set to give weights in our fine British stones, as I would most definitely prefer. One star docked from rating. The analogue dial does show stones on its smaller inner ring, but my wife can hardly read that with her glasses on and I can't read it with my glasses off. Not good enough, Beurer.

It needs a hard floor to stand on (laminate floor covering is OK) and gives wildly inaccurate readings if stood on a carpet, in fact I've never appeared to lose five stone so quickly. Of course this is described as a bathroom scale, but I've had other scales that worked fine on the bedroom carpet.

If you can live with the above limitations and like a swish design, then you'll love the Beurer GS58.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Americans (lbs) or Europeans (kgs), 28 July 2013
Four Violets (Hertford UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As I'm short sighted I normally have to put my glasses on and peer at the dial on scales, so the fact these scales have a very large display which remains visible after you step off, is a huge bonus. So far as I can tell they are accurate in their reading but you must use on a hard surface. One important warning, do not be misled into thinking the scales display your weight in stones and pounds digitally - it is only kilos or pounds. Yes, they do display the weight in stones on the dial around the edge but not really accurately - it's small enough to only be an approximation. I like these scales enough to keep them in my bathroom, delegating my older scales to a cupboard; but I'm disappointed I will have to resort to a calculator for the stones/pounds. Also they are far larger than my previous scales and in my small bathroom I have to place them sideways as the semi-circular top does stick out a lot!
I can't see the point of the alarm function whatsoever. Who wants or needs to be reminded to weigh themselves?
Extremely easy to set up, three batteries are included, insert them, step on and gasp, in admiration at how nice they look - or how much you weigh...

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and Simple, 6 Aug. 2013
Book Gannet (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These scales look great and are so easy to use. They require three AAA batteries (which are supplied, though you may have to hunt them down in the packaging), which slot in with no hassle - and away you go. Switching between Kilos and Pounds is an easy button press and they turn on and off automatically when you use them.

Brilliant.

I haven't used the timer function (I can't see the point, to be honest), and I would say the analogue display is pretty superfluous, but the digital read out is nice and clear, and stays put long enough for you to check it. (Yes, I know we use stones here, but it's not so hard to divide by fourteen - or to count up in fourteens and work out your left over pounds from there.)

Stylish and simple, what more could you want?

3.0 out of 5 stars Accurate?, 7 Aug. 2013
James B. Spink "Jim" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These glass scales from German health and lifestyle products manufacturer Beurer are extremely stylish indeed and really look the business when the huge display lights up. However, they do not have a scale measuring in stones - just pounds or kilos - and on the analogue scale the pounds are on the inner circle making it almost impossible to read accurately for all but those with near perfect eyesight!

The most concerning thing with these scales, however, is their accuracy - or not. My wife also uses a set of scales by Japanese manufacturer Omron which we have proven to be as accurate as the ones used by the Practice Nurse at our GP's surgery. When comparing readings from the Beurer scales against readings from the Omron there is about a seven pound difference - half a stone! Whilst it is impossible to say if the Omron scales may have developed a fault until we can do another comparison with a known reference - I would think it is more likely that the Beurer scales are just not as accurate as they should be for the price. If you value accuracy over style then perhaps a different model would suit you better than this one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›