Format: DVD|Change

on 15 January 2013
I saw this movie when I was in the UK on holiday in October and I loved it! The storyline is absorbing and the characters are all enchanting. I subsequently purchased the DVD for my mother for Christmas and she and her friends are now all raving about it.

If you want to see a movie that leaves you feeling uplifted at the end, I would highly recommend this one!
on 31 January 2013
...yet even 'superb' does not do this film justice!
BARFI brings a breath of fresh air to Bollywood and the complete production, including the music score, is truly Oscar-worthy. Funny, emotional and educational too, I'd buy this film several times over. One of my favourite films of all time. :-)
on 10 January 2013
This film is a must see, its funny, touching, and magical, i definitely recommend it. Made me think of the French movie Amelie at times (regarding the style, music an how it was filmed)...
on 13 August 2013
The title character, Barfi, has a serious hearing and speech impairment. As a result, his actions in this story are very reminiscent of silent era physical comedy actors. In a sensitive and genuinely moving portrayal (indeed a towering performance) Ranbir Kapoor immediately draws us in and never lets go. The musical score is absolutely gorgeous and complements the images perfectly. A film full of colour and beauty, and on Blu-Ray an audio-visual treat. Very highly recommended.
on 26 September 2014
This is a truly wonderful film! French in style, and overtones of 'Cinema Paradiso'. Amazing performances, cinematography and editing. only the really hardhearted Will fail to be moved. treat yourself… And savour every moment!
on 16 January 2013
what a wonderful film ...poignant yet uplifting. Acting from 3 leads was great, especially lead female showing autistic spectrum.
a must watch film
on 6 October 2014
An amazing story about a boy who cannot speak, yet his way of expressing his love to the world is truly amazing. A love story. The music is beautiful, melodic and charming. Actors are Ranbir Kapoor (son of Rishi Kapoor and Nitu Singh) and Priyanka Chopra. A film, which I was looking forward to watch and yes, turned out to be something quite unique and different. Can't explain it. It is truly and brilliant film! Definitely one to recommend everyone to watch!
on 28 July 2014
A Lovely warming movie and so unlike many Indian movies, close personal caring and very funny. My wife and I watched it with tears of joy in our eyes.
on 6 December 2013
One of the best film I have seen. Has English subtitles. We love the humour and music. I am going to introduce this to all my friends.
on 26 January 2013
wonderful movie and the subtitles were easy to follow. A great story line as well. If you enjoy hindi movies this is the one for you