5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, performs well, looks like a great monitor
This monitor looks great, the build quality is excellent, the screen performance is very good and the 1920x1080 resolution is fine for my needs and I find that I can actually read text more easily than my previous monitor.

Pros:
Published on 14 Jun. 2013 by Dedubya

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not great
Published 20 months ago by Dafydd

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, performs well, looks like a great monitor, 14 Jun. 2013
This review is from: AOC I2757FH 27 inch Widescreen IPS LED Multimedia Monitor (1920x1080, 5ms, VGA, HDMI, Full HD 1080p, Screen+, i-Menu) (Accessory)

Pros:
Super slim, good looks, 2 x HDMI, 1 x VGA, inbuilt small speakers, seperate mains power supply (brick), 3 year guarantee from AOC, matte screen so no mirror like reflections as on many LCD's these days, IPS panel so great reproduction,

Cons:
No DVI port so use one of the two HDMI ports instead (no biggie) slightly wobbly base but not a big deal, no VESA fixing on back should you want to wall mount it, sepearate power supply 'brick' with short DC cable of about 90cm so might need to tuck it out of sigth but it does allow for slim monitor and the power supply can easily be replaced should it fail, weak speaker sound (to be expected)

I'm very pleased with mine and am considering getting another one. If you're after a larger screen but still want fonts and icons that you can see without 20/20 vision or glasses then this might be one to consider. My PC has only DVI ports and I use a cheap DVI to HDMI cable which gives excellent results.

5.0 out of 5 stars IPS panel at great price, 9 May 2013
i brought this as a second monitor. Yes i know it is 'only' 1920 x 1080 but it is perfect for films and video. it has its good and not so good points but no real bad ones.

Good: size: excellent price, picture quality, design and looks, 2 HDMI, 3 year guarantee
Not so good: speakers are weak (but who uses these anyway?), The function buttons are fiddly and changing settings made more difficult. No height adjustment - only tilt, no USB or DVI.

Overall very happy with my monitor and at just over £200 a fantastic bargain to boot!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not great, 2 Nov. 2013
After reading the reviews here and on the web I was quite excited to be buying this monitor. On the plus side it's large, slender, easy to put together and the picture quality is very good and doesn't suffer from ghosting when gaming. The problem for me is that blacks are still very much grey and light bleeds from the bezel. Apparently this is pretty much par for the course with IPS displays and there are many forums where people talk of sending their monitors back several times before finally giving up on IPS. When there is no black on the screen the monitor is great and viewing angle hardly noticeable, this changes in dark scenes where the grey cascades across the screen, it detracts from the gaming experience and the light bleed may not be enough for you to send it back but enough to regret your purchase. DVI would also have been nice but I knew that before I purchased and almost all graphics cards do HDMI nowadays.
As a low cost work monitor that's large and accurate in desktop applications this is a great buy. For gaming and movies although I've seen far, far worse monitors and this will certainly be a welcome upgrade to an ageing LCD don't expect the earth at this price point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great screen, 10 Mar. 2014
After quite a bit of research, I bought this screen as an external monitor for my Mac. It's a good looking piece of equipment, the colors are strong even when light pours through my study window. I'm no longer getting back aches while hunching for long hours over my laptop. Definitely worth it. I bought a second for my wife, who was initially skeptical - and who now would rather fight than go back to her laptop screen. Some day I hope to get the enormous Apple monitor - but until then, I'm very happy with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift for my son, 17 Jan. 2014
I looked at some monitors and I saw this stand out a mile. Then I asked my son to look and low and behold he chose exactly the same one.

Great size, great price, great performance and refresh rate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart screen, good value, 6 Jan. 2013
C. Durston "Snakey" (Cambridgeshire, UK) - See all my reviews
First of all I bought this mainly for photo manipulation and video editing, not gaming or as a TV come computer screen so I can't comment on those aspects.

The screen is sleek with brushed a aluminium base that continues to the base of the screen where there are touch sensitive "buttons" to turn the screen on and for the adjustments. The rest of the frame round the screen is a very thin black piano finish. It comes supplied with a 2m HDMI lead which should suit most needs. There is a VGA cable too but I didn't unpack that.

I plugged in and turned on and wow the screen was bright - it was set at 90% so I quickly turned it down to a less eye watering level - however I am using it just as a PC screen for photo-manipulation and video editing so do sit quite close! Gamers and TV watchers sitting from a distance may find the higher setting OK.

It comes with a CD with drivers, but mine worked straight out of the box and if it ain't broke don't fix it is my motto so I left well alone.

Word documents are bright and crisp, no need for my reading glasses with this screen with the added advantage that it is two pages wide so less scrolling up and down!

Photos are likewise crisp and bright plus now I can see the whole photo at a size that is meaningful while I am editing.

I cannot say how good HDTV or video is because I haven't got a Blu-Ray player on my PC (on my shopping list) and due to PC processing power have not used full HD on my video camera yet. SD video looks good and the viewing angle seems pretty good with little degradation.

All in all I am very happy and for the price think this is a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent buy!, 14 Jan. 2014
Simply put, I love this monitor!! This is such a good quality display for the money and it was an excellent choice. Yes there are one or two reviews moaning about the speaker output and it is true to say that it is not good, but who uses this function anyway? If I am connected to my PC with surround sound on, nothing comes close. Similarly with my Xbox, I just wear a Turtle Beach headset or use the surround sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 14 Nov. 2013
After reading several reviews elsewhere on the interweb, I decided it was worth taking the risk on, what is to me, an unknown brand. I'm so glad I did, the colours are vivid, the styling is simple and classic and the non-glare display is simply superb.

I was considering the Apple Cinema Display but I just couldn't justify the cost. I'm glad I didn't bother as I really don't know how it could could be worth so much more than this cost. I work a lot with photography and this is perfect. I also work with 2 monitors at work and missed the extra screen at home. This works just as well as you get almost as much screen size in one device.

As long as it lasts the distance then I'll be glad I went for it over the Apple.

5.0 out of 5 stars One year on and the team still love these monitors, 16 Mar. 2014
Mr. A. D. Parker (Salisbury, UK) - See all my reviews
Some of the best monitors purchased for development and for product demos at events.
No issues what so ever. (no need to be picky at this price)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really smart, love watching films and playing games on it :D, 28 May 2014
Really smart, loved watching films on it and playing games too, we were really excited when it arrived, my husband has a computer in the top 17% in the world and we think this monitor's suits it, :D