5.0 out of 5 stars Superior to the Sandisk alternative
Just a quick review to say that this is superior to the SanDisk SDSDQU-064G-U46A 64GB microSDXC Ultra Class 10 Card + Adapter alternative, both in terms of speed and IMO reliabilty. I own both btw.

I have added a picture among the customer images to illustrate the difference in Read and Write Speeds between the two, but highlight the main difference below:...
Published 18 months ago by Robert J. Cawsey

1.0 out of 5 stars Another FAKE (from Amazon)
Before ordering I knew there were massive amounts of fakes of this product, so I was very careful and selected Amazon as the retailer (avoiding cheaper marketplace sellers).

I got a new phone last week and bought this card to put in it. It was painfully slow transferring MP3s into the music folder (so much so that I left it running overnight. I got suspicious...
Published 9 months ago by Kinetic

‹ Previous | 1 2 329 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars "ALSO A FAKE", 14 Dec 2013
Very disappointed with this purchase, realized something was wrong with the card but not what!! After reading some of the comments about this product and checking it, I knew I'd also got a dodgy card! Would expect much better from a company like Amazon, like someone else has already said, "SHAME ON YOU AMAZON".

1.0 out of 5 stars Another fake, 11 Dec 2013
I also ordered the card directly from Amazon ("sold by Amazon") and received a fake one.
All the text on the front of the card is white and the package differs from the one on Samsung website ([...] The funny (or sad, depends how you look at it) thing is that I bought it via a direct link from samsung.com website. On the link above, if you go to WHERE TO BUY --> Find online retailers , one of the links points to the fake card on Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE!! Shame on you Amazon., 9 Dec 2013
Like other reviewers who purchased on Black Friday, upon inspection this is a fake. No grey writing (samsung logo), Says made in Korea on packaging, but made in Taiwan on card itself. The packaging itself (which incidentally looks slightly suspect doesn't fit together well, and has a visible line where someone seems to have manually guillotined it !

Anyone who has purchased one of these fakes needs to hold Amazon to account. In law the contract is between you and them, and whilst I can't think they intentionally supply fakes (and will seek to blame it on their supplier)it is their checking procedures that are inadequate. Press for a full refund AND Compensation.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Luck, 11 Oct 2013
All mass produced items cannot be checked individually. Every so often a bad one slips through and I got one. Transfer rate of 3mb per second. Card was full after 6Gb.
They are obviously not all defect - It's the luck of the draw I guess.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay CLEAR away from this horrible MicroSD Card, 2 Dec 2013
TotallydubbedHD (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I bought this when it was on a deal for 35 via the Amazon Black Friday deals.
I contemplated the Samsung one over the Sandisk one as they were only 5 apart when the Samsung one was on deal.

As soon as I got the Samsung one in - first thing I did was transfer files across to it. I have about 10GB worth of 4MB files (music) and this surprisingly took over 1 full hour to do.
So straight away I was dubious.

I then went ahead to check the content I had copied across and what do I find within my SD card?
Corrupted files, lost files and tons of DIR errors.

I then proceeded to insert it into my Samsung Galaxy S 3 - and there were even more problems there.
I did read/write tests and most of them failed. Some that passed gave me horrible 5mb read/write speeds.
I then plugged the EXTSD to a USB3.0 Adapter I had from USpeed and formatted the SD card.
Once doing that, I then re-ran tests. Again poor, really poor results.
I then finally, in a last ditched effort did some benchmarks via the PC, whilst it was connected to the adapter - and the results were shocking. It also failed certain tests.

I'm really and utterly pissed off. I bought this off AamzonUK for a reason - not a 3rd party seller. Because I was hoping to get a proper working card at a good price.
Turns out this card is either broken or fake.
Either way, I won't be buying this Samsung card on Amazon ever again, nor recommending it, nor wanting a replacement.
I've already, within the space of 4hrs of receiving the card, sent it into AmazonUK via Collect+ for a full refund.

I'm not sure who should be ashamed here, Amazon for selling such a horrible product or Samsung for being as useless as their kernels for their phones.

STAY WELL AWAY from this horrible product.
Take that from an experience Android user, a top 500 reviewer and a YouTuber who reviews a lot of technology.
-TotallydubbedHD

1.0 out of 5 stars Have tried two of these cards both were not fit for purpose., 8 Dec 2013
james aitchison (gravesend, kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I received my first Samsung 64 gb micro sd card which I inserted into my smart phone only to find that the card was not recognised. I then tried on my desktop computer via a card reader which also did not register the card. I sent the card back to Amazon who sent me a replacement promptly.

The second card I received was able to be formatted via my smart phone however after several attempts to transfer mp3 files on the card I found that the music files were not recognised or even missing on the micro sd card.

For a card that reports having high transfer speeds this clearly was not the case as it took nearly six hours to transfer 40gb's of mp3 files using a usb 2 cable.

PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE AND DO NOT BOTHER BUYING THIS SD CARD.

The amount of time wasted going to the post office with the defective product and trying to transfer data only to find it corrupted after several hours is a pointless exercise in futility.

I have yet to see if I will have a refund on this item.

1.0 out of 5 stars Black Friday FAKE, 7 Dec 2013
Indeed a FAKE also got on Black Friday the speeds are well under what it should be, the writing on the card is all white not grey says made in Taiwan on the back of the card, keeps corrupting when I try and copy files to it space is 62.4gb, not best pleased asked for it to go back but in my rush to open it I no longer have the packaging :(

Not best pleased.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake?, 7 Nov 2013
Y. Bebnev "icdp" (London) - See all my reviews
Got this from amazon for more than I could have specifically to avoid getting a fake to use with the new Microsoft Surface Pro 2.
I have tried writing a few large files to it. The average write speed was 4.3mb/s with a peak of 7.9mb/s.

Which is disappointing, but not as disappointing as the fact that most of the majority of the files were then either corrupt or unreadable.

Credit to amazon for instant refund, but I am still without a suitable micro SD card. Will give it another go and hope to get a genuine article this time around.

Edit: Ordered another from amazon as well, and it is exactly as it should be, fast and reliable. I guess even amazon is not safe from all teh counterfeits out there.

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE from Amazon, 4 Jan 2014
Another sucker who thought buying from Amazon would give some assurance that I'd be avoiding the seemingly many fakes out there from less scrupulous suppliers.

Using H2testw, a free and well regarded memory card testing utility, the 64GB 70MB/s read, 20MB/s write microSDHC card comes out at 3.3GB's in capacity with writes at 13MB and reads of 8.5MB/s.

Normally I am pretty quick to test cards but had left it over the Xmas holiday period whilst away so I've fallen foul of the unscrupulous shyster who re-badged an obviously defective unit and mis-sold it. It took me far too long to realise what was causing so many read errors and like an idiot I lost all the family snaps I took.

So, from now on I shall endeavor to test memory cards before using them even when bought from reputable sellers like Amazon (even at a realistic price). I guess the latest batch for their Black Friday deal must have been sourced someplace else so I hope they track down the counterfeiter and re-configure his memory cells a bit too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of fake version, 7 Dec 2013
S. Kadavath - See all my reviews
Like several others have commented, I believe I received a fake item. Speed tested using SD Tools app shows 5MB/s whereas my 2 yr old, Class 6 32GB card shows over 7MB/s.

‹ Previous | 1 2 329 | Next ›