on 2 May 2013
I've had this monitor for around 2 months now. My previous Samsung SM226BW 22" monitor died on me after 5 years, so I forceably in the market for something new. After looking around a few options and checking out some reviews, I plumped for the Asus model. So my impressions so far

1. Packaging/construction - Excellent. Very well packaged (as you'd maybe expect for a monitor!). The two piece construction is so simple that even my mum could do it. No screwdrivers or anything needed. This is definitely one for the casual PC user. My only small complaint is that the stand part is a little unstable. It's not possible for it to fall over or anything like that. But if you have a desk that gets bumped (kids!) or is a little wobbly - then this monitor will sway a little. Maybe I was just spoiled with my previous monitor with a huge base and almost infinite stability! Still, it's a very very minor complaint.

2. Setup - the full 1920x1080 HD settings took me a little playing around and a little googling in order to get setup. Happy to put this down to my own graphics card (radeon 5770) rather than the monitor. Did get it setup correctly in the end.

3. Pixel issue - I went over my monitor very thoroughly and I don't see any dead pixels at all, so no issues there. I feel it's useful to state, as it's common to see more reviews of a product when people get an issue - and this seems to be a commonly reported one. It's not one that I've encountered.

4. Quality - After the little setup, I'm incredibly impressed with this monitor. Coming from a 1680x1050 monitor, the extra space onscreen is superb. The display quality is fabulous. I've no reason to doubt the reported 1ms response time. While I haven't done anything like full performance testing, I do play FPS games like Battlefiend 3. I've found my response times to be absolutely fine.

5. Price - I think the price of this monitor is great. I bought it at £175 (looks to be cheaper now) which was a great price compared to it's peers.

Note - doesn't take normal DVI input, it has 2xHD input. You are provided with a DVI-HD cable. I think this is great as it offers the option to plug true HD players into the monitor. This isn't something i've tested, but it's definitely a plus worth noting.

Overall, I don't think I've ever been as happy with a monitor as I am with this one. I think the combination of quality with price is just unmatched at the current moment. If I could get a PC desk with a little more room - I'd definitely be getting a 2nd one of these (subject to girlfriend approval....)
55 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 March 2016
Just a quick recommend for this monitor. Has been rock solid for the past 2 years of owning them, image is sharp, colours and contrast not the best out of the box but can be fixed with a few setting changes. Not a single dead pixel and I have 3 of these. The buttons are located behind the display so you need to line up your finger to the corresponding bezel icon.

When you turn on the display you will get the ASUS logo for a few seconds before you see your content. The LED below the power icon stays white while on then if no signal is detected the display turns off with the LED changing to amber.

The Grid layout feature is a gimmick and have had no reason to use it

Using the stand is a bit of a let down as the monitor will wobble slightly if your desk/table is prone to movement, mounted its perfect. Although the images show a thin bezel the actual display leaves about 5mm of border so the bezel might be thin but really its just not covering this border.
review image
99 comments|12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2016
Absoloutly amazing monitors. Worth every penny. Only downside is that there is a small black border across each side of the screen but it's barely noticeable. However, when you know it's there it is slightly distracting. I've attached some photos.
review image review image
on 2 April 2016
One of the best monitors which I am still using!

1080p with 1ms response made it perfect for someone like me who games and consumes alot of media on my PC. The thin bezels makes this look awesome and even now my desk looks great with this.

It is TN but for that Asus make a great monitor with awesome colours. The is also very little light bleed.
on 28 December 2015
Its a great monitor for the price! I use it for Console gaming and a second display for my mac. Looking to upgrade to two in the future when i purchase my PC. Cant go wrong with this monitor and the bezels look very clean, With 1ms Response time this is a perfect monitor for gamers and beats the rival BENQ on graphics and looks.
on 7 February 2016
Product arrived with the stand so stiff it would not move. I googled the issue and it turns out its a common issue. To fix the problem unscrew the stand from the monitor. At first it will not come out very easy, but wiggle it from side to side with the monitor laying flat on a soft surface (to make sure you don't break it. Once you get it out loosen the bolts and pop it back in.

Even after fixing the stand it still is not very sturdy, it wobbles when typing so I decided to wall mount it.

The monitor is very stylish and looks nice.

I would only recommend if you are going to wall mount, or buy another stand for it.
on 23 September 2015
I love this monitor, I found no issues setting it up. It was very easy. The colours look very sharp compared to a standard monitor. Also the 1ms response time is brilliant, games looks so sharp. The bezels make the monitor look sexy and sleek. It makes your setup look nice. The 2 HDMI's are hand too. The buttons on the monitor arent the easiest to operate, especially in low light. It's super thin too.
on 20 February 2015
I bought this to replace an old 21" monitor and at first I was really impressed with it. Easy to instal, great colours, useful modes to suit usage.
But after a few hours I noticed some dead pixels, so sent it back, which is a shame as I was really liking it.
Unfortunately Amazon UK did not have any replacements in stock, so I opted for a re fund instead.
on 4 March 2014
The display is what you'd expect from a modern LED monitor. Fast update, decent view angle, high contrast etc. etc. I'm not expert enough to really be able to comment, but they do everything I want from them, and are WAY better than my old monitor which until I started using these I'd thought was perfectly adequate.

I have two of these, and the thin side-wall really does make them look almost like one big screen (although it's actually quite hard to get them to REALLY line up, which seems to be the case with all monitors I've used double). Actually I possibly like this set up more than some of the ultra-wide monitors available now, as it means you have a distinct separation between two desktops which you can use for different things, rather than mixing all the available space up into one. The exception to this is playing games; if you want more screen for gaming on, a bigger single screen is clearly better now.

They look nice, though, and certainly have been worth the purchase.
on 3 September 2014
I was worried about dead pixles etc when I purchased this (in july 2014) due to other reviews, but mine came out of the box 100% fine, I transport it weekly in my car for 1hour journeys with just a little wrapping around the screen and it's still, totally fine.

the stand SEEMS flimsy, as it will wobby around at touch, but it's actually quite solid and won't break, the wobble is odd though, but on a solid surface it doesn't move anyway - also don't be afraid to be rough with it when putting it together, it feels flimsy but isnt.

quality is brilliant, I can't fault it and for gaming, the refresh rate and color is fantastic.

I would buy it again, I feel for the price it's unmatched (and I have about 4 similar monitors in my various offices) this one has become my favorite, I stole it from my work office and have swapped it with my gaming set up and given the work one my crappier older viewsonic.