5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pricepoint monitor
I've had this monitor for around 2 months now. My previous Samsung SM226BW 22" monitor died on me after 5 years, so I forceably in the market for something new. After looking around a few options and checking out some reviews, I plumped for the Asus model. So my impressions so far

1. Packaging/construction - Excellent. Very well packaged (as you'd maybe...
Published 19 months ago by Rodge

3.0 out of 5 stars Will not function perfectly out of the box
Looks great and has a smooth pivot to adjust the screen angle compared to my last monitor. However I did have a stuck pixel when I first used the monitor which I managed to remove via some stuck pixel fix techniques found on the internet. It reappears occasionally, usually after the monitor has been switched off overnight.

The thin bezel is somewhat deceiving...
Published 2 months ago by Liam Franks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pricepoint monitor, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Asus VN247H 23.6-inch Widescreen LED Multimedia Monitor (1920x1080, 1ms, 2x HDMI, VGA, Full HD 1080p, Super Narrow Frame) (Accessory)

1. Packaging/construction - Excellent. Very well packaged (as you'd maybe expect for a monitor!). The two piece construction is so simple that even my mum could do it. No screwdrivers or anything needed. This is definitely one for the casual PC user. My only small complaint is that the stand part is a little unstable. It's not possible for it to fall over or anything like that. But if you have a desk that gets bumped (kids!) or is a little wobbly - then this monitor will sway a little. Maybe I was just spoiled with my previous monitor with a huge base and almost infinite stability! Still, it's a very very minor complaint.

2. Setup - the full 1920x1080 HD settings took me a little playing around and a little googling in order to get setup. Happy to put this down to my own graphics card (radeon 5770) rather than the monitor. Did get it setup correctly in the end.

3. Pixel issue - I went over my monitor very thoroughly and I don't see any dead pixels at all, so no issues there. I feel it's useful to state, as it's common to see more reviews of a product when people get an issue - and this seems to be a commonly reported one. It's not one that I've encountered.

4. Quality - After the little setup, I'm incredibly impressed with this monitor. Coming from a 1680x1050 monitor, the extra space onscreen is superb. The display quality is fabulous. I've no reason to doubt the reported 1ms response time. While I haven't done anything like full performance testing, I do play FPS games like Battlefiend 3. I've found my response times to be absolutely fine.

5. Price - I think the price of this monitor is great. I bought it at £175 (looks to be cheaper now) which was a great price compared to it's peers.

Note - doesn't take normal DVI input, it has 2xHD input. You are provided with a DVI-HD cable. I think this is great as it offers the option to plug true HD players into the monitor. This isn't something i've tested, but it's definitely a plus worth noting.

Overall, I don't think I've ever been as happy with a monitor as I am with this one. I think the combination of quality with price is just unmatched at the current moment. If I could get a PC desk with a little more room - I'd definitely be getting a 2nd one of these (subject to girlfriend approval....)

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommend purchase thus far, 1 Sep 2014
I've had this product for a good few weeks and am enjoying my experience. I use this solely for gaming and the graphics are good. No dead pixels etc. and a solid display. The stand is rubbish as people have previously stated which is why I give it 4/5. If you are looking for a gaming monitor as I was after my BenQ RL##### went bust (HDMI board short circuited, no idea why.) then this is as perfect alternative. I use it for FPS games and the 1ms is evident in that there is no ghosting.

There isn't much more to say, everything else stated in the product description is as said.

3.0 out of 5 stars Will not function perfectly out of the box, 3 Oct 2014

The thin bezel is somewhat deceiving in that the screen does not reach the very edge of the physical bezel but actually has an extra bezel on the screen itself which initially looks like a scaling issue but is in fact simply a no-pixel area. Some calibration problems on first use but after some fiddling and researching it looks as good as I expected.

Summarised cons: "Thin bezel" is deceiving, arrived with stuck pixel (fixable), calibration issues.
Summarised pros: Looks great (fantastic looking stand and general design), vivid colours after a lot of calibration, good screen angle adjustment

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot fault it at-all., 3 Sep 2014
Richard (Pershore, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was worried about dead pixles etc when I purchased this (in july 2014) due to other reviews, but mine came out of the box 100% fine, I transport it weekly in my car for 1hour journeys with just a little wrapping around the screen and it's still, totally fine.

the stand SEEMS flimsy, as it will wobby around at touch, but it's actually quite solid and won't break, the wobble is odd though, but on a solid surface it doesn't move anyway - also don't be afraid to be rough with it when putting it together, it feels flimsy but isnt.

quality is brilliant, I can't fault it and for gaming, the refresh rate and color is fantastic.

I would buy it again, I feel for the price it's unmatched (and I have about 4 similar monitors in my various offices) this one has become my favorite, I stole it from my work office and have swapped it with my gaming set up and given the work one my crappier older viewsonic.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great monitor and recommended, 16 Dec 2014
I like this monitor so much I thought I'd write my first review about it. Firstly, the picture quality is excellent. There are a few reviews that mention duff pixels but there are none on my monitor. The image is really sharp and, to my eyes at least, the colours are bright and natural with no adjustments to the out-of-the-box settings.

Secondly, and also worthy of mention is that, in addition to european and UK mains leads, are included a VGA cable and an HDMI to DVI cable.

Don't be put off by warnings of a bright blue screen with no input as this soon goes off and the monitor goes into standby within a few seconds as you would expect.

It's no surprise that the sound quality is not up to that of separate speakers but it's good enough for the occasional iPlayer visit and keeps the desk clutter free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor., 7 Sep 2013
The monitor arrived on time and well packaged. The monitor works fantastically. I bought this monitor because I needed a clear, crisp and detailed monitor for my graphic design work, editing of photographs and PC gaming. This monitor really met my needs. The only problem I faced was attaching the stand to the monitor as when attached its leaves your monitor facing 60 degrees forwards. Being a rather delicate monitor and not very sturdy I didn't want to force the tilt of the monitor up right but forcing it is exactly what you have to do so don't be afraid of breaking it. Amazon service was great however ASUS customer service is all but useless if your within Europe. For some reason they have proper customer support for America, Canada and Asia but not Europe.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star monitor, 11 Dec 2014
Purchased this monitor for gaming purposes and so far it has been outstanding. Quality is first class and for a gamer there is a noticable superiority when being compared to a TV.

Pros:
Monitor design is very good
Quality is excellent
Easy to assemble (only need to attach base which is simple)
Easy to tilt screen to suit personal preference

Cons:
Stand does wobble a little if desk is nudged but it isn't a massive problem

Overall it is great value for money and a great buy if you are looking to enhance your gaming experience

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 19 Sep 2013
I purchased this to play my xbox on as unbeknown to me the all singing,all dancing, very expensive samsung f8000 tv I purchased a few months ago had one of the worst lag times of any tv almost 50ms.
When playing cod this makes a massive difference.

This monitor is 1ms and the picture is superb. It has a nice mat finish to the screen which I prefer to gloss.
All in all very happy with my purchase indeed. I looked a hundreds of screens and reviews and after looking at
All the pros and cons, this one was like a shining beacon.i personally don't think you can buy better for the price point.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, 9 Nov 2014
The monitor itself is great - I bought two of them. Great colours, matte finish, and they look great on my desk. The slim bezels really help when it comes to 2 monitor setups.

However one of them came with the wrong cables (2 pin European plug), and after asking both Amazon and Asus themselves to send me the correct one, I've found out that it's apparently impossible without returning the entire monitor. Big disappointment for a seemingly easy part to replace...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor for shooting games!, 2 Dec 2014
I bought this monitor as part of my son's new gaming set up. After reading reviews I decided this would be a good buy. My son loves it and the 1 ms response rate is great when he's playing his first person shooting games. The base feels slightly flimsy when the monitor is installed on it but once it's sat on your desk it's perfectly fine and stable. The display is nice and sharp. And the colours are crisp.