5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pricepoint monitor
I've had this monitor for around 2 months now. My previous Samsung SM226BW 22" monitor died on me after 5 years, so I forceably in the market for something new. After looking around a few options and checking out some reviews, I plumped for the Asus model. So my impressions so far

1. Packaging/construction - Excellent. Very well packaged (as you'd maybe...
Published 16 months ago by Rodge

2.0 out of 5 stars 1ms blur free? I don't think so
I play Call of Duty a lot and i wanted to take it to the next level so i decided to get a monitor with a good performance to get a competitive edge. At first i though i had got an amazing monitor which had great visuals and done the things i wanted it to do.

Published 16 days ago by Matthew Haworth

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pricepoint monitor, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Asus VN247H 23.6-inch Widescreen LED Multimedia Monitor (1920x1080, 1ms, 2x HDMI, VGA, Full HD 1080p, Super Narrow Frame) (Accessory)

1. Packaging/construction - Excellent. Very well packaged (as you'd maybe expect for a monitor!). The two piece construction is so simple that even my mum could do it. No screwdrivers or anything needed. This is definitely one for the casual PC user. My only small complaint is that the stand part is a little unstable. It's not possible for it to fall over or anything like that. But if you have a desk that gets bumped (kids!) or is a little wobbly - then this monitor will sway a little. Maybe I was just spoiled with my previous monitor with a huge base and almost infinite stability! Still, it's a very very minor complaint.

2. Setup - the full 1920x1080 HD settings took me a little playing around and a little googling in order to get setup. Happy to put this down to my own graphics card (radeon 5770) rather than the monitor. Did get it setup correctly in the end.

3. Pixel issue - I went over my monitor very thoroughly and I don't see any dead pixels at all, so no issues there. I feel it's useful to state, as it's common to see more reviews of a product when people get an issue - and this seems to be a commonly reported one. It's not one that I've encountered.

4. Quality - After the little setup, I'm incredibly impressed with this monitor. Coming from a 1680x1050 monitor, the extra space onscreen is superb. The display quality is fabulous. I've no reason to doubt the reported 1ms response time. While I haven't done anything like full performance testing, I do play FPS games like Battlefiend 3. I've found my response times to be absolutely fine.

5. Price - I think the price of this monitor is great. I bought it at 175 (looks to be cheaper now) which was a great price compared to it's peers.

Note - doesn't take normal DVI input, it has 2xHD input. You are provided with a DVI-HD cable. I think this is great as it offers the option to plug true HD players into the monitor. This isn't something i've tested, but it's definitely a plus worth noting.

Overall, I don't think I've ever been as happy with a monitor as I am with this one. I think the combination of quality with price is just unmatched at the current moment. If I could get a PC desk with a little more room - I'd definitely be getting a 2nd one of these (subject to girlfriend approval....)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 19 Sep 2013
I purchased this to play my xbox on as unbeknown to me the all singing,all dancing, very expensive samsung f8000 tv I purchased a few months ago had one of the worst lag times of any tv almost 50ms.
When playing cod this makes a massive difference.

This monitor is 1ms and the picture is superb. It has a nice mat finish to the screen which I prefer to gloss.
All in all very happy with my purchase indeed. I looked a hundreds of screens and reviews and after looking at
All the pros and cons, this one was like a shining beacon.i personally don't think you can buy better for the price point.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor., 7 Sep 2013
The monitor arrived on time and well packaged. The monitor works fantastically. I bought this monitor because I needed a clear, crisp and detailed monitor for my graphic design work, editing of photographs and PC gaming. This monitor really met my needs. The only problem I faced was attaching the stand to the monitor as when attached its leaves your monitor facing 60 degrees forwards. Being a rather delicate monitor and not very sturdy I didn't want to force the tilt of the monitor up right but forcing it is exactly what you have to do so don't be afraid of breaking it. Amazon service was great however ASUS customer service is all but useless if your within Europe. For some reason they have proper customer support for America, Canada and Asia but not Europe.

2.0 out of 5 stars 1ms blur free? I don't think so, 17 Aug 2014

Although after a week of having it i kept noticing black blurs on moving objects leaving trails of black blur after them. On the specs of the monitor it says "Ultra-fast 1ms (gray-to-gray) response time for amazingly blur-free multimedia" which was the main reason why i bought although this statement i find in this case is not true.

I notice the small details and if small things are not right i get annoyed so for people like myself and that would use this monitor for similar circumstances, i would not recommend this monitor to them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommend purchase thus far, 1 Sep 2014
I've had this product for a good few weeks and am enjoying my experience. I use this solely for gaming and the graphics are good. No dead pixels etc. and a solid display. The stand is rubbish as people have previously stated which is why I give it 4/5. If you are looking for a gaming monitor as I was after my BenQ RL##### went bust (HDMI board short circuited, no idea why.) then this is as perfect alternative. I use it for FPS games and the 1ms is evident in that there is no ghosting.

There isn't much more to say, everything else stated in the product description is as said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 July 2014
Amazing screen, looks epic, colors aren't a problem like everyone says. 1 issue though, the screen can wobble a bit if your table moved, luckily mine is a big desk so no issues but if you have a table that isn't sturdy it could be a little annoying. I also have 1 orange dead pixel, but all screens get them nowadays,

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Good monitor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Response is brilliant for gaming, 8 July 2014
The first thing to note is that it's a mixed bag.

Response is brilliant for gaming, monitor is very bright

Colours are a pain to calibrate however, and not recommended for desktop use - more for gaming / movies.

It's a good monitor overall, perhaps I just received an annoying one to calibrate, but the accuracy/ mapping colours are a bit disappointing, even if they are vivid for a TN panel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product with high quality, 29 Jun 2014
It functions perfectly and the picture is perfect for any use. The stand is very stable and the thin bezel is a very nice addition to this monitor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor, 17 April 2014
This is a good monitor this is my second one now for my dual monitor setup hopefully get a third for my setup. it is cracking for gaming with the low response time