5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pricepoint monitor
I've had this monitor for around 2 months now. My previous Samsung SM226BW 22" monitor died on me after 5 years, so I forceably in the market for something new. After looking around a few options and checking out some reviews, I plumped for the Asus model. So my impressions so far

1. Packaging/construction - Excellent. Very well packaged (as you'd maybe...
Published 15 months ago by Rodge

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Customer Service
I gave the item 3 stars as the monitor was fine when it worked.

Unfortunately for me I seem to have had some pretty poor luck with these monitors but I wanted to leave my feedback regarding the overall sale.
The first one of these I received had scratch marks on the screen even though the box was sealed with the original security tape. I work in an...
Published 16 months ago by Benjamin Snow

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pricepoint monitor, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Asus VN247H 23.6-inch Widescreen LED Multimedia Monitor (1920x1080, 1ms, 2x HDMI, VGA, Full HD 1080p, Super Narrow Frame) (Accessory)

1. Packaging/construction - Excellent. Very well packaged (as you'd maybe expect for a monitor!). The two piece construction is so simple that even my mum could do it. No screwdrivers or anything needed. This is definitely one for the casual PC user. My only small complaint is that the stand part is a little unstable. It's not possible for it to fall over or anything like that. But if you have a desk that gets bumped (kids!) or is a little wobbly - then this monitor will sway a little. Maybe I was just spoiled with my previous monitor with a huge base and almost infinite stability! Still, it's a very very minor complaint.

2. Setup - the full 1920x1080 HD settings took me a little playing around and a little googling in order to get setup. Happy to put this down to my own graphics card (radeon 5770) rather than the monitor. Did get it setup correctly in the end.

3. Pixel issue - I went over my monitor very thoroughly and I don't see any dead pixels at all, so no issues there. I feel it's useful to state, as it's common to see more reviews of a product when people get an issue - and this seems to be a commonly reported one. It's not one that I've encountered.

4. Quality - After the little setup, I'm incredibly impressed with this monitor. Coming from a 1680x1050 monitor, the extra space onscreen is superb. The display quality is fabulous. I've no reason to doubt the reported 1ms response time. While I haven't done anything like full performance testing, I do play FPS games like Battlefiend 3. I've found my response times to be absolutely fine.

5. Price - I think the price of this monitor is great. I bought it at 175 (looks to be cheaper now) which was a great price compared to it's peers.

Note - doesn't take normal DVI input, it has 2xHD input. You are provided with a DVI-HD cable. I think this is great as it offers the option to plug true HD players into the monitor. This isn't something i've tested, but it's definitely a plus worth noting.

Overall, I don't think I've ever been as happy with a monitor as I am with this one. I think the combination of quality with price is just unmatched at the current moment. If I could get a PC desk with a little more room - I'd definitely be getting a 2nd one of these (subject to girlfriend approval....)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 19 Sep 2013
I purchased this to play my xbox on as unbeknown to me the all singing,all dancing, very expensive samsung f8000 tv I purchased a few months ago had one of the worst lag times of any tv almost 50ms.
When playing cod this makes a massive difference.

This monitor is 1ms and the picture is superb. It has a nice mat finish to the screen which I prefer to gloss.
All in all very happy with my purchase indeed. I looked a hundreds of screens and reviews and after looking at
All the pros and cons, this one was like a shining beacon.i personally don't think you can buy better for the price point.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor., 7 Sep 2013
The monitor arrived on time and well packaged. The monitor works fantastically. I bought this monitor because I needed a clear, crisp and detailed monitor for my graphic design work, editing of photographs and PC gaming. This monitor really met my needs. The only problem I faced was attaching the stand to the monitor as when attached its leaves your monitor facing 60 degrees forwards. Being a rather delicate monitor and not very sturdy I didn't want to force the tilt of the monitor up right but forcing it is exactly what you have to do so don't be afraid of breaking it. Amazon service was great however ASUS customer service is all but useless if your within Europe. For some reason they have proper customer support for America, Canada and Asia but not Europe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Good monitor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Response is brilliant for gaming, 8 July 2014
The first thing to note is that it's a mixed bag.

Response is brilliant for gaming, monitor is very bright

Colours are a pain to calibrate however, and not recommended for desktop use - more for gaming / movies.

It's a good monitor overall, perhaps I just received an annoying one to calibrate, but the accuracy/ mapping colours are a bit disappointing, even if they are vivid for a TN panel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product with high quality, 29 Jun 2014
It functions perfectly and the picture is perfect for any use. The stand is very stable and the thin bezel is a very nice addition to this monitor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor, 17 April 2014
This is a good monitor this is my second one now for my dual monitor setup hopefully get a third for my setup. it is cracking for gaming with the low response time

4.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't sure but very impressed., 16 April 2014
Having looked at reviews here and elsewhere, i was a little unsure on getting this screen due to issues with washed out colours and a wobbly stand.

I then thought i'd just go for it and am glad i did as it's an excellent screen. It's colours are very washed out and bright out the box but after a bit of tweaking it's perfect for me now. I'd say the only downside is in fact the monitor wobbles and i've had to put it side to side with my other monitor and tape the backs together to make it stable.

If it wasn't for that it'd be a perfect monitor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, 7 April 2014
This monitor has a great picture but you might need to fiddle with the setting to get the to meet your needs for me when it came out of the box it was to bright and the colours were off but after 10 - 20 mins i sorted it out, also the stand is a bit flimsy, Overall i am very pleased with this product so far and can would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor, 3 April 2014
Excellent monitor, exactly as described and prompt delivery.

The buttons under the monitor do get hot however, not dangerously but hot.