4.0 out of 5 stars Try It For Yourself - In My Opinion It's Worth It
ANNA seemed to receive mixed reviews upon its release, not just from critics (who I don't always rely on) but from fans of the band also. Some praised the change in direction, whilst others called the album a disappointment compared to their previous offerings. Therefore, before ordering myself a copy of the album I decided to try it out. I listened to the album via...
Published 17 months ago by Mr. D. Johnson

2.0 out of 5 stars Let down
I was a massive fan of the Courteeners when I first heard their début album back in my uni days, now 5 years later we've had Falcon pass by being mostly miss-able and then the release of Anna.

This album is a huge let down, I honestly haven't heard a single good song on the album. I really wanted to like this album and lied to myself a little, thinking...
Published 17 months ago by Just 88

3.0 out of 5 stars That difficult third album..., 5 Feb 2013
Mr. K. de Jong (Belfast, Antrim United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
If the combination of Coldplay at their most anthemic and Oasis' swagger appeals to you then this is the record for you. All the piano-structured songs that breathe simulated bigness are here but sadly the charisma appears to be missing. A typical case of a third release that on the back of the hype of the debut fails to deliver the goods. Clearly an attempt was made to appeal to a wide market and to break into the mainstream. Half-way through the album it loses its momentum and slowly simmers away into nothingness. 'Welcome to the rave' is particularly vapid, at least the song 'Money' has a certain sense of humour to it. The first three songs, including the single 'Lose Control' are radio-friendly enough. Good to pass a dull bus journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Anna (MP3 Download)
Ive had this since just before xmas and its been on repeat ever since.
Best Teeners album yet.
Different again from Falcon - alot more grown up

Anna
Anna by The Courteeners (Audio CD - 2013)