5.0 out of 5 stars The resurrectors of Sleaze
Published 17 months ago by nat

2.0 out of 5 stars Serious Letdown
Published 17 months ago by anomie45

2.0 out of 5 stars Serious Letdown, 7 Feb 2013
What is up with this record? To go from Generation Wild to this is bizarre at best. The songwriting is generic, some of the guitar solos sound phoned in and there are no hooks! I want to like this record, it's been in my car for 4 days on repeat but I just can't get into it. Generation Wild hooked me right away. With this album, I am struggling to find a song to vibe on. What happened, guys? The production is fine but the songs are BAD, forgettable and uninspired. I don't hear how this album is heavier than the last.. in fact, a lot of the song riffs are third rate at best. This pains me to write as a huge Crashdiet fan but you dudes messed up big time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 28 Jan 2013
Ive been a massive fan of Crashdiet since there first album Rest in Sleaze, since Dave Lepard died and was replaced by Ollie Twisted then after his departure Simon Cruz I was happy to hear they had a singer who was full time, there following album Generation Wild was some of the best sounding songs and anthems that made it a stand out album, I had high hopes for this and after there single Cocaine Cowboys I couldn't wait to get my dirty hands on it, to be honest some of the songs on the album I had to skip halfway through, purely because they just did not sound any good, out of the whole album though there are only a few good songs Anarchy especially is a grate tune, all together I was disappointed and I hope when we get the next album out it can have the raw gutsy sound of Generation Wild that I loved. Sorry guys only 4/10

5.0 out of 5 stars The resurrectors of Sleaze, 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Savage Playground (Audio CD)
The long awaited new Crashdiet album does not disappoint their hard core fans. It might not be as raw as their previous album "Generation Wild" but the guys' music writing skills have developed certain maturity that shows in the more complex melodies than on previous albums. The only negative aspect is the production in some songs - is not as polished as last album. Still it's a pure rocking album with riffs that are imbedded in you even after first listening and oh-so romantic lyrics like "Drinkin" that just melts your heart. Crashdiet surely is the next contender to the Swedish Sleaze Crown.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing..., 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Savage Playground (Audio CD)
Received it yesterday and it hasnt been out of the CD player. Every song great in its own right, no fillers. Best CD...since their last one. This is the album Motley Crue, Skid Row etc should have recorded in the 80s. Enough said...

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome Album, 7 July 2013
This review is from: The Savage Playground (Audio CD)
I have really enjoyed listening to this slbum. Crashdiet have managed to both stick to their roots and update their sound, a great combination! it has the brilliant eighties sound from previous albums but this time has a slightly punky edge, whch i think really complements their stlyle of playing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Savage!!, 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Savage Playground (Audio CD)
at a first listen, nothing on this album jumped out at me it was just a great rock album....now I know the record I can honestly say that apart from that awful cringy cheesy poppy chorus in California, CrashDiet are definitely moving in the right direction...we'll never have Dave again but Simon's growing in this band and it seems like feels more comfortable in the Savage Playground than Generation Wild...well done to my 2nd favorite Swedes

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweden Rocks, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Savage Playground (Audio CD)
Yet another band from Sweden aiming for sleaze dominance. Having seen the video for Cocaine Cowboys, I pre-ordered this and two of the back cataloguue.

The album doesn't disappoint, full of catchy hooks, big choruses and strong melodies.

Can't wait for the tour in April with Jetblack now.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!!, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Savage Playground (Audio CD)
Not sure why but this has became my favourite crashdiet album,loved there 1st and 3rd albums but for me this is there most solid in overall quality.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, 12 Feb 2013
This band just keep getting better! Love the stripped back, raw sound. Like how music SHOULD sound! Fan bloody tastic

3.0 out of 5 stars What Hapened To The Production??, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Savage Playground (Audio CD)
I got in to Crashdiet last Christmas when someone got me their second album, The Unattractive Revolution as an xmas present. I loved it so much that i had to go out and buy the other two albums straight away and i would say Generation Wild is one of the best albums ive heard in a long time! So when the new album came out i couldnt wait to get my hands on it, but, sorry to say i was quite disapointed. Firstly the production is poor - vocals sound fine but the music is muddy and muffled. The drums sound like they were recorded with a pillow over them and the guitars sound lost. Big change from the polished sound of Generation Wild. So now the songs. No instant classics for me, not many hooks and none of the usual sing a long sleazy anthems! Still a few good ones though, Change The World is a good opener and Sin City might be a new favourate of mine, Snakes In Paradise as well but thats about it im afraid.
All in all, not a bad album but not an instant classic. If your new to the band and your curious to hear what their all about go and buy Rest In Sleaze or Generation Wild.
Sorry lads, love everything else but just not this one.

The Savage Playground
The Savage Playground by Crashdïet (Audio CD - 2013)