This is a gorgeous little book. I want to make everything in it. Love the Rudolph motifs. I have several of Lynette's other books and love her style. Although a small book I was more than happy with its value for money.
Published on 4 Sep 2012 by Jo Marks

1.0 out of 5 stars 200% Enlargement for patterns- don't bother
Published on 5 Aug 2012 by 2600Brian

1.0 out of 5 stars 200% Enlargement for patterns- don't bother, 5 Aug 2012
I bought this as a Christmas present for a friend and was so disappointed. There are no full sized patterns in it. Unless you are very proficient with a photocopier this book is impossible to use. It is "not fit for purpose" for an average crafter. Magazines can manage to give you full sized pattern pieces as a pull out and so can some books. Please can Amazon clearly label those books which fail to provide full sized patterns. Not everyone has access to a photocopier.

2.0 out of 5 stars Projects, 13 Jan 2013
Stitch it for Christmas Have purchased many books by Lynette Anderson and was not very impressed by this one. Not many projects to make in at all. Would not recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Christmas stitching, 25 Aug 2012
M. Edwards - See all my reviews
Not the clearest instructions I have ever seen. For me a little more detail would have helped. Had I browsed it in a book shop I would not have bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stitch It for Christmas [Paperback] Lynette Anderson (Author), 4 Sep 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected!, 5 Dec 2012
I was disappointed with this book. Not very clear projects. The projects were not really suitable for gifts, they are more like decorations,

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book loads of wonderful items to make, 19 Jan 2013
I purchased the kindle version to start with, loved it so bought the hard copy. I found it much easier to get on with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 4 Dec 2012
A disappointing book, quite basic, not at all what I expected, therefore it had to be a return with regret

5.0 out of 5 stars Joyed Noel, 31 Aug 2012
Lots of little things, and quick to make. Plenty of present ideas. Can use fabric from my stash, maybe need to buy a little fabric, will always last until next year or patterns can be adapted to other seasons of the year.

5.0 out of 5 stars stitch it for christmas, 27 Aug 2012
Great book, lots of ideas and patterns, if you like christmas you will love this book for ideas to make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful projects, 24 Sep 2012
Sewing Directory (Devon) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have to admit my first thought when I was this book is `there isn't much in it' as it is pretty thin and only has 7 projects in it. However, once I looked through it I can see they went for quality rather than quantity, the projects are absolutely gorgeous.

They combine elements of embroidery and quilting to make projects such as a red work stocking, an appliqué cushion, embroidered tree decorations and a santa wall hanging. A traditional Christmas colour palette of red and cream is used throughout. They look to be time consuming projects; however you will end up with heirloom items to use for many Christmases to come.

There is a techniques section at the start covering the basics of quilting and embroidery plus templates in the back of the book. Some of the templates are full size but some require enlarging by 200%. There are stunning photos throughout as well as diagrams to help you with the piecing, the instructions are a little brief in places so better suited to an intermediate stitcher or above.

If I had the time I would love to make all the projects in this book.

This review also appears on The Sewing Directory.