1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent base product for those wanting to switch to natural beauty regime, 1 Jan 2013
This review is from: Balm Balm Ltd Fragrance Free Face Balm -250Ml Pot (Personal Care)
Let's start with some basic info missing from the product description.

List of ingredients: Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), helianthus annuus (sunflower oil), cera alba (beeswax), calendula officinalis (calendula oil), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba oil).

This product is Soil Association Certified Organic.

Directions for use: Soften a small amount between your fingers and apply wherever skin needs moisture such as cheeks, lips, neck, hands, arms, legs and feet. Customize the flavour by microwaving for 60 seconds or until melted through. Then add a drop of your favourite essential oil or food flavouring. Stir with the end of a teaspoon. Put lid back on and place in the fridge to harden.

Suitable for all skin types but will be most beneficial for dry skin and dry and/or sensitive areas of the body (elbows, feet, lips, hands etc.).

I bought this product amongst other organic and/or natural cosmetics directly from The Organic BodyCare Shop a couple of months ago with some initial reluctance. I had no doubt this will be a good quality balm but my reluctance was due to the product being made of oily ingredients and me having a mixed type of skin. I have initially used it as a part of my morning and evening beauty routine but stopped as my face was too oily afterwards. I have switched to use it on dry areas of my body and on hands/feet after manicure and pedicure with very good effects. I have also applied it on my face and neck regularly after swimming when my skin was dried out and absorbed the product almost immediately with brilliant results. One of the reviewers on Amazon.com commented on the "rancid" smell. For someone switching from chemical based mass products to natural products the "smell" of this product may turn out to be rancid but don't forget this is a 100% natural product! It is important to note the advertised shelf life after opening is only 6 months, you should stick to it. Those who prefer nice smelling products should go for the Balm Balm Rose Geranium Face Balm or the Balm Balm Tea Tree Face Balm instead.

I would personally recommend this product as a non-expensive way to try an organic and natural oil based balm, as you can always use it for your elbows or feet if it is not suitable for your face. I would also advise it for those who do not like perfumed or intensely smelling products. A lot of organic products use natural oils, use the Balm Balm Face Balm to check if they are convenient for you. I would definitely recommend it.