4.0 out of 5 stars A beauty
Not disappointed.. Long battery life, go for big memory, you will use it, colour amazing for this novice.. Great for FaceTime etc. a treat.
Published 9 months ago by Ms. Mary C. Healy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but careful which version you buy
I have had this 3 months now and a word of caution.
A lovely machine for which most of what has been positively said is true, nice screen, easy to use interface etc. BUT
1) rubbish data lead / charging cable
2) the WIFI version DOES NOT have a GPS chipset, so no using it as a Sat nav etc.and does not have a SIM card capability, so always bound to a...
Published 8 months ago by J. Cashman

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Apple iPad 4 WiFi 32GB with Retina display (White) (Personal Computers)
Carry it around with me all day. The only gripe I find is that the battery life is not very long without a recharge, although to be fair it does not take long to charge up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ipad4, 19 July 2013
I love my ipad but still learning to use it properly. It seems to do almost everything. I have previously purchased a smaller tablet but I am so glad I decided to get this, as the screen is larger and much clearer. Brilliant x

3.0 out of 5 stars Good tablet but atrocious cable, 1 Oct 2013
Aleks (London, England) - See all my reviews
The Ipad itself is fine - it does everything that an Ipad is meant to do, though you need to be aware that it's much less flexible than a PC or laptop. I do 90% of my work on my laptop and then copy it to the Ipad which I use mainly as a portable display, rather than a computer. There are also some programs which are frequently used on internet web-pages but which are not supported by the operating system, notably Silverlight. However, I can live with this most of the time - when I can't I just go back to my laptop.

But my biggest gripe is the appalling quality of the data/charger cable. Within days, the cover at the USB end became loose. Whilst I can still use the cable if I manipulate it carefully, I am extremely disappointed that a reknowned firm like apple can produce and sell such an inferior product. And I see that I am not alone in my assessment of the cable - just look at the other reviews of Apple Ipad cables on Amazon.

If Apple are not more careful, they will soon deservedly find their reputation in ruins - and surely that's not good for business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 10 Mar 2013
Fantastic delivery and absolute genuine apple product at a great price .well impressed and was slightly waery ,because of the good price ,but buy inconfidence

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter hasn't put it down since christmas., 2 Jan 2013
The must have electronic gadget/tool. The only downside is the price but maybe I'm just getting old. I must admit it is very neat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me, 23 May 2014
I thought about buying the iPad Air but after a quick consultation with the people in Apple Store in Manchester it seemed this was the best for me. I don't game and it's really just in place of a laptop for emailing, watching tv, idly surfing and it's perfect for that. I don't intend to travel around with it and that would be my only negative comment - it's heavier than you think and you will need a decent quality cover to support it's weight (and not the one for 6 I bought outside the Arndale :-) But I love it. Buy one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 9 May 2014
Dismal Angel "Ash" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Everyone tries to avoid Apple products, and condemn them of course, but I find that my Apple products make my life exceptionally easier in many ways. My iPods and now my iPads pretty much help me keep track of EVERYTHING going on in my life and what's going on around me.

Facebook, Emails, the Weather, your calendar (never miss a birthday or appointment, it'll alert you!), access to the internet at a swipe of the finger, being able to find things in your location by just speaking to it, using clocks, timers, online banking, stocks, calculating, word processing, notes and reminders, access to your bought music via the cloud, photos, video chat and apps that will make the complications in your life a lot easier to manage. Not to mention the games, the books available on kindle (as there's an app for it too), the podcasts, the videos on youtube. Now you have Amazon Prime/Lovefilm apps that let you both handle your rental lists and watch films on the iPad itself. All of this in one thin screen that you don't require anything more than a plug for to charge it (and obviously a wifi connection).

It might have limited memory (although I find it hard to fill up even with the masses of stuff I download/use) as it has no expandable memory slots, but the functions it provides you with more than make up for this. For someone very computer illiterate, this is the ideal tablet, it is very uncomplicated, everything is laid out, no fiddly buttons to learn to use, the settings are very easy to access.

I'd recommend this kind of tablet to people who have suffered with strokes, arthritis or ailments that have limited hand movement and hand strength as this really is so sensitive it takes very little work to get things running and gives so much access to a lot of things. I'd also recommend this as the perfect computer for the entire family to enjoy (although granted, they may start fighting over it). I've seen one year olds being able to use these things (this isn't an exaggeration), two and three year olds using iPads accessing a vast word of educational videos on youtube and educational games on the app store (many free!) at the swipe of a little finger. Parents and adults have access to do online shopping, their banking, keeping a tab on schedules and reminders right on the go, not needing to refer to books or calendars hanging on the walls at home. Not to mention the use of apps like Skype and Facetime to contact relatives and friends abroad without it even costing a THING. Many I know take their iPads into the kitchen to refer to recipes WHILE they cook so they can follow instructions/videos precisely.

There's just so much you can do with an iPad that you can't do with a regular laptop or computer as quickly or as accessibly (granted, the world of gaming isn't as sophisticated on iPad as it is on PC, that's the only real drawback). I just don't know how I ever did without mine, it keeps me up to date with everything I need, it doesn't take up a lot of space and it's so quick to find whatever I need to. I can't find much fault in the thing, I just absolutely love it.

For those who are struggling to pick between iPhone or iPad, get the iPad and get a cheap phone to cover simple things like calling and texting as the iPad does EVERYTHING except let you text and call (unless you're on wifi or a hotspot, and you can do it for free).

It's expensive, but a very sound investment and you'll find a million uses for it more than just as a music/video device. Highly recommended...everyone should have one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Present for my husband, 28 Jan 2014
I have given it to my husband as a birthday present, and it has given a lot of pleasure.Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 28 Jan 2014
I am a silver surfer but like to keep up to date, I've got to say that this piece techno. should come with a 10 year old, but I'm sticking with it and ordered .. i pad for seniors DUMMIES and that covers everything............ hope you enjoy George

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 19 Dec 2013
it's brilliant - it's the best thing we have ever bought. my partner bought it for me for Christmas but we couldn't wait to use it. I have got Alzeimer's disease so things aren't too easy for me but this really helps me a lot

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

Apple iPad 4 WiFi 32GB with Retina display (White)
Used & New from: 325.00