on 24 January 2013
A really great addition for anyone who needs the mobility of a computer without lugging a heavy, large laptop around.

Easy to set up and even easier to use. Plenty of Apps available from Amazon,(and others).

Now for one really frustrating issue, which having subsequently researched on the internet I find I am not alone.

I purchased a Sandisk 32gb Micro SDHC card in order to store my music and a few films.

I transferred my Amazon MP3 music and Windows media onto the card. Fine - worked without issue on my computer and my phone but unfortunately not on the Tablet. All the tracks either came up as "music format not supported" or "no file found". This was despite the tracks all being listed and the album covers showing.

Spoke to Samsung, who were pretty poor and stated " It should work". I knew that!

Downloaded Amazon's MP3 player onto the Tablet but again no joy.

I'll keep the card as it works with other devices but will go for a 16gb card from another manufacturer.

A real shame as there's clearly an issue with the Tablet and the 32gb Card, which is strange given that my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2 and it works fine there. I should add that I don't think it's the card as my other cards which are both 8gb work on the Tablet, and the 32gb card was the second one provided by Amazon as the first was faulty (wasn't recognised on any device).

I'd highly recommend the Tablet; just be aware that it doesn't like Sandisk 32gb cards.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 December 2012
Really good product - easy to carry. I can use it anywhere I go with wi-fi and because it is just that much larger than a phone it is really easy to use.
on 17 March 2013
As with all of my other purchases on Amazon I normally buy based on reviews.
I am an android person having had iPhones and had nothing but hassle with them. After my 5th replacement iPhone 4 I switched to android about two years ago and am a Samsung obsessive. I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII phone and requested a tablet 2 10.1 for Christmas. I certainly wasn't disappointed with it, although it does lag slightly however this review is for the tablet 2 7.0 so I digress!

Ordered this for my daughter and it arrived way ahead of time. As with the 10.1 it's easy to set up and there is no lag at all in this one. Perfect size for smaller hands (she's 7). I think it's easy to set up if you're familiar with smartphones however I'm not sure how it would work if you're not. My sister in law doesn't have a smartphone and found it hard to set up so......depends on your level of technical interest I guess (mine is huge).

Crisp clean pictures, quick response to swipe, receives downloads quickly, opens apps quickly too.

Only issue but this is the same with all tablets is that you need to buy a USB conversion kit if you wish to download movies from your PC or laptop to your tablet, but as I say this is not new, and you should be aware of it if purchasing a tablet.

Samsung rocks, I'm SO excited about the Galaxy IV coming soon!!!
on 6 March 2013
I ordered this product and received it in December. Since then it has been a great addition. Netbook was getting a bit past it and wanted something mobile that i could use skype on. It copes with Skype very well, streams netflix exceptionally well and using the 32gb sd card that i bought can watch videos til my hearts content. It is really easy to tether to my mobile and is pretty quick on this also. I would recommend a cover and maybe a film for the screen as it marks quite easily and i do have a scratch already on it. Camera, although low resolution is pretty good but does get blurry quite easily. All in all i am really glad i bought this, as many tablets do not have expandable storage. I got this when the offer of 30quid cashback was still on and received the cashback recently and also an 8gb sd card, however, i dont think this offer is valid anymore. I know theres faster tablets and higher resolution tablets and cheaper ones too, but if you get this at a decent price, grab it quick.
on 5 March 2013
A great Tab, easy to use and being an Android Tablet it gives easy access to thousands of apps.
I had previously purchased a cheaper version and I can tell the difference. Don't waste your money buying cheep versions as you will end up needing to upgrade as I did to get the best from your tab.
on 12 February 2013
I was really pleasantly surprised by the Galaxy Tab. Having an iPad and iPhone I thought it would really have limited place in my life, but decided to give it a go and use for my morning commute.

It really is an amazing piece of kit, I read the newspaper or downloaded magaizine on my way in, play games and the commute just whizzes by. It is slick and quick. The screen is a really good size for reading (thought it might be too small initially) and best of all, it fits in my suit jacket pocket, so no having to carry around a bag just to hold my tablet.

Kids now use the iPad and I closely guard my Galaxy Tab as my own (as I think it is better and less restrictive than my apple based products).
on 11 January 2013
Great value for money, maybe not quite as intuitive as an ipad but you can add more memory. Ideal for lighting desk remote apps in a theatre. ETC ion For example.
on 22 March 2013
A bit fiddly . Takes time to get use to it . The upside ,you can see documents on adobe player unlike the iPad
on 5 May 2013
Lots of good features good security settings and easy to set up - my daughter has been very happy with this so far and has been able to listen to music, films and play games so ticks all the boxes. Plus side is the SD card slot to expand memory. Excellent value for money when compared like for like. Delivery was very good and well within the 3-5 day delivery time period.
on 30 December 2012
I have this tablet and I happen to think its very good - big fan of android and Samsung is very hi tech. The only thing that puzzles me here is why its so expensive on amazon??? In the high street you can get a lovely little Samsung galaxy ace 2 smart phone - and a Samsung galaxy tab 2 7" for free!!! Im also pretty sure Ive seen this tablet for around £150 or less at Dixon's.