5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book on Christ's humanity, 1 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Man Christ Jesus (Paperback)
This is an excerpt from the full review at my blog, which you can read here:

[...]

...Those issues aside, for such a short work Ware has given a number of weighty concepts to ponder. Topics such as impeccability and hypostatic union could easily overwhelm many readers, but Ware's clear writing, personal tone and constant devotional application ably navigate the reader through these issues. There are no unimportant discussions here. Each chapter ends with application and discussion questions, calling the reader to praise and response.

This is probably the most impacting book I read in 2012 (how can Christ not impact you?). In proportion to what I received from this book, my concerns are small. The depiction of Christ's human experience and obedience was truly powerful and devotionally effective. I admit to overlooking Christ's humanity, so this helpful corrective kept me in awe of Jesus' life, it encouraged in my reliance upon the Spirit, and contributed to my eagerness to focus on the Gospels this year and seek how to follow His example of obedience.

I would wholeheartedly recommend The Man Christ Jesus to any Christian, and expect to be giving out many copies in the near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best on the subject, 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Man Christ Jesus (Paperback)
It is the best work I have come across on this subject. It is very readable and true to Scripture. It generates an attitude of wonder and worship. BY showing His true humanity and how He coped with the experiences that we have, it shows us how we can live lives that are also pleasing to God. It also explains well why Christ had to become man and die in order that we may be right with God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus - a real Man, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Man Christ Jesus (Paperback)
This is a very readable book clearly discussing a very important aspect of how the Lord Jesus was able to achieve a true salvation for us.

4.0 out of 5 stars A book to get your teeth into, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Man Christ Jesus (Paperback)
This book exercises the grey matter and is very thought provoking. It gives new insights into Jesus as human and what that means. the use of the biblical texts is very good and helpful and the discussions questions make it aq first rate teaching tool for groups.