5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative and easy to follow
Published 19 months ago by AJ

2.0 out of 5 stars Inadequate and worst still, with errors.
Published 14 months ago by studentforlife

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative and easy to follow, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: Economics - A Complete Introduction: Teach Yourself (Kindle Edition)
It is not easy to find a simple introduction to this complicated subject. Most Economics books are too mathematical and though maths is vital to study Economics to a high level, many authors seem incapable of explaining concepts to a general audience. This book is an exception. I have not yet completed it but from what I know of the subject already and based on the initial few lessons from Dr. Coskeran, I would highly recommend it to anyone wishing to acquire an all round basic knowledge.

2.0 out of 5 stars Inadequate and worst still, with errors., 28 Jun 2013
This book is simply wasting the scarce resources of our society. I bought this book owing to the word "complete" in the title and its concise size as I need to refresh my memory of the topic I had studied a decade ago for my upcoming exam. I had finished reading chapter 3 on consumer behaviour and the author did not even mention indifference curve, which I think is pertinent to the thorough understanding of microeconomics.

Some of the key concepts in the initial chapters, like Pareto Efficiency and Giffen goods have been superficially described, leaving the reader, especially those new to the subject, baffled to its real meaning or reasoning.

Furthermore, there are a few errors and flaws (up until 3rd chapter, as I decided to stop) in the examples and end-of chapter-questions. Chapter 2, Table 2.1 is obviously wrong with just a casual glance but somehow escaped the attention of the author/proofreader/publisher for such a concise book. Other tables and questions in Chapter 2 and 3 had either flaws or errors or can be better constructed.

I'm surprised that he is a senior lecturer in Economics from a top tier university in UK and was an adviser to HM Treasury. If economist's purpose is to help society in the best allocation of scarce resources, then this book should be pulled out from the market (note the opportunity cost).

So, in buying a book, we should not naively rely/trust those marketing words written on the cover, back and front, instead book buyer should take some time to examine its content.

2.0 out of 5 stars Brief introduction, 28 Jun 2014
Precise introduction on economics. Good as a starter for a diverse a thorough understanding of the topic. Wont recommend to a professional seeking economic insight and/or university student

4.0 out of 5 stars very comprehensive and easy to follow., 24 May 2013
I bought this book to help me with a continuing education course on topical economics. I have found it very useful and keep it to hand with my when on this course. It is well laid out with plenty of different sections to each chapter so that the whole thing is broken down into easily-digestible chunks.
I would have given it 5 stars but feel that there should have been more diagrams to show pictorially what is in the text. There are several places where this could have been done to better explanatory effect.
It does exactly what it says on the tin!.