5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal
Published 17 months ago by M. Dowden

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, but I would recommend a full size roller
I learn jiujitsu and go to the gym, and so get aching muscles, especially my back (compounded by a day job at a computer desk). Foam rollers are good to 'iron out' the kinks after a workout and are good to use before a workout to get the muscles ready to perfom.

The pro to the size is that it fits into my gymbag without any problem, but on the other hand when...
Published 11 months ago by E. Verity

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 29 Nov. 2013
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fitness Mad Vari-Massage Foam Roller (Sports)
My little sister has gone Cross-Fit mad this year, and declared that she needed this for helping make her fitness recovery complete. I must admit that at first I thought that this was some kind of weird device left over from the Inquisition, or a giant hair roller for some serious curls, or even something from a sci-fi film set, so I was a bit disappointed at its more mundane use.

The construction seems to be very strong, and it should last for quite some years. I know that you can get larger such rollers, but as far as I can see this is an ideal size for normal usage. Although this is a present for my sister I have had a go of this, and although initially feeling a bit strange, it did seem to do something to my muscles, as my legs are no longer aching after spending hours plodding around shops doing the Christmas shopping.

This would make a good present for someone who is fitness mad like my sister, especially if you are looking for Christmas ideas. Also if you exercise yourself, then this may be something that could enhance your recovery, and/ or make you feel a bit better, and its only a small fraction of the price for having massages all the time. This would fit easily in most gym bags, and don't worry if you are not sure how to use this, there are many demonstration videos of such products on the Web.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sore legs, 23 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Fitness Mad Vari-Massage Foam Roller (Sports)
Roll your legs up and down this. Eases muscle knots. Brill for hamstrings especially. When you can't get a good stretch or you have a knot this is brill for working it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Fitness Mad Vari-Massage Foam Roller (Sports)
Being used on a regular basis by my son who is a competitive swimmer - no issues and seems to do the job without any issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pain is good for you, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Fitness Mad Vari-Massage Foam Roller (Sports)
I was expecting something cheap looking and not too sturdy, quite the opposite. I'm just over 100Kgs and this roller has no problem with it. I find it great to work on those pressure points that are generally hard to reach. Anybody having pain sleeping on the side should give it a go. 5 minutes a day and I feel much better. The more pressure, the more pain, the more relief.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Fitness Mad Vari-Massage Foam Roller (Sports)
Brought this product for my boyfriend as he suffers from back pain being a tall guy. This foam roller is perfect to get rid of knots, aches and pains. It is a very hard foam roller so can be painful!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mad-Vari massage foam, 2 Nov. 2013
Arrived super quick.
Is a lot smaller than I thought and due to price believed it was a super bargin.
Can fit in a holdall or suitcase no problem.
Does the job appears sturdy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Choose carefully - A little too knobbly for my liking...particularly for your back, 25 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Fitness Mad Vari-Massage Foam Roller (Sports)
This is a very well made roller, no doubt about that. It has a nice amount of give to it but I just can't help but find it a little too knobbly. I know, it's pretty obvious from the images what it's like but I gave it a chance so if others are thinking of doing the same and usually prefer a flatter roll then this one's not for you.

To clarify, the flatter areas have just the right amount of give in them for a nice roll but the smaller nodules are just a bit too hard and too far separated for my liking, especially for work on your back and IT bands which are my main areas.

I've got a decent pain threshold and can lie through a sports massage (elbows included) without any trouble, but this just doesn't feel 'right'. It's not the pain at all, it's the 'feel' and I think it's the firmness and separation of those nodules.

So, just be a bit careful in your choice and make sure you don't mind the layout you get here. I think I much prefer a flatter roller and will be replacing this one fairly soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 20 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Fitness Mad Vari-Massage Foam Roller (Sports)
Brilliant product, really helpful for relieving tension in my hamstrings.
Would highly recommend this product to dancers, runner and anyone who wants a bit of help with tight muscles

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase ever, 17 April 2015
This review is from: Fitness Mad Vari-Massage Foam Roller (Sports)
I use this before and after I go for runs, my leg muscles feel really good and I don't have any aches the next day. Ideal for runners. A lot more durable than the basic foam roller and it maintains its shape even with full body weight on it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Item !!, 16 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Fitness Mad Vari-Massage Foam Roller (Sports)
Good Item !! You can be sure that after using it long does not lose its shape !! Do not press with all your body weight as it can hurts.... good item to massage legs and back after a long run or hard training!!

Fitness-Mad Vari-Massage Foam Roller - Black/Red