5.0 out of 5 stars Swing it home!
Published 10 months ago by Naveed Malik

Published 3 months ago by Silverfrog

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Swing it home!, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Graco Snuggle Swing (Benny & Bell) (Baby Product)
I chose this swing having spent many an evening trying to work out how to get my daughter (4 weeks old) to settle. Our moses basket failed to stop her from settling because she doesn't like to sleep on her back and, following advice from our midwife, we didn't want her to sleep on her front. I was attracted to this product by the simplicity of the single side to side motion, plus its look and colour scheme.

The assembly was relatively straight forward. The instructions have diagrams with no words, but it was intuitive enough to work out. 15 minutes max. It would have been nice if Graco had bundled the required D type batteries in, especially considering the £70+ price tag. Once built, the frame didn't look as strong as I would have expected, in essence it's all metal tubing that clicks together. However, with my daughter in it, it seemed robust and sturdy.

The swinging motion itself is very smooth and there is a marked difference in speed and length of swing between each of the six settings. The audio leaves a lot to be desired though, poor quality 'soothing' sound effects and music that is classical in nature but very basic in tone. The swing mechanism does make a noise but it's very slight and in no way problematic. 3 toys hang from a plastic arc that you can move out the way with a push when taking baby in and out. The toys themselves are too small and far away for my daughter to be interested in them at her age however.

I must say the effect of the swinging motion on my daughter is profound. She has been able to settle on her back and sleep, on occasion, for up to 4 hours which she's rarely been able to do in the moses basket. We use the slowest setting right now which appears to suit her best. The swing has become a safe place to put her (with its 5-point harness) knowing she'll be content for at least 15 mins while my wife gets on with other things. We don't need or use the audio. Had it been better quality it might have proved effective, but on or off it doesn't appear to make a difference. Although I've had the swing for over a week now and have used it every day the batteries are still going, which I was very pleased about as there is no mains support for it.

Overall I'm delighted with the swing as it gives my wife the break she needs during the day and when required it will settle my daughter down to sleep on her back at night. It is heavy though, and it can't be moved around easily so some consideration is needed on where it will go in the room of choice. Worth its 5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice smooth swing motion but very poor music quality and functions., 8 Sep 2014
Silverfrog (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First off I have to warn you that this is a pretty hefty package so beware. It comes dismantled so you’ll need to put aside about 10 minutes to put together before using and you will need a screwdriver (preferably electric to make it easier) as well as 4 of the really chunky circular batteries . The base consists of 4 hollow tubes which simply ‘click’ together and are securely held in place by one of those metal studs that fit through holes in the tube (like adjustable crutches or walking sticks). The upper part of the chair is where you’ll need the screwdriver – the base of the seat has 2 plastic parts that need to be screwed together and the back rest is also fitted on with 2 screws. The fabric then just fits over the plastic seat and fastens in place by stud fastenings. You also get the arch with soft toys to put on too. The whole seat then sits on a swing arm that is attached firmly to the control unit.

There seat has a 5 point harness that clips securely in place. As mentioned, you’ll need to have 4 huge batteries (size D batteries) that fit in the control unit. You can position the seat in 2 main positions and the rocking motion is controlled by a radial control knob which has 6 swing speeds and controls the amount of rocking the cradle does. I was impressed by the motion of the swing which is very smooth.

On the control unit there are 5 buttons that control the sound (there is a speaker at the top of the control unit) and here is where the swing falls short by a long shot. Given the hefty price tag you’d expect the sound quality and functions to be of high quality. Instead you have (nice) tunes that are in ‘midi’ format that sound like someone tried to program them on an old PC. Although the tunes are nice (such as Fur Elise, Air on a G String, Pachabel’s cannon and Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies) they are very synth based and I was surprised at the bad quality of Clare de Lune which was very jarred. In addition I found that the melodies stop very suddenly and there is a long gap between the next one starting. It would have been nice if there was at least a fade in/out.

So of the 5 buttons, one controls the melody and each press cycles through melodies; there is an up and down button; a mute button and lastly a background noise button. This last button creates background noises and consist of;
Water running
The Sea washing up on shore
A heartbeating
Birds tweeting
Something that sounds like a low hiss?

The volume of these can adjusted however I was surprised to find that it did not progressively lower down to nothing – it stops at what I would consider still quite loud and your only other option would be to switch the sound off completely.

Given that this unit’s RRP is £149 (but just under 100 from Amazon) the swing motion is nice and what I expected, however the sound quality and functionality falls short by a huge margin. There are no options to plug your own MP3 player in and I actually think this is quite basic – so many people use other means of playing music to babies that they sometimes respond to certain types of music. You should at least be able to use your own music to the unit even if it is only by a 3.5mm audio jack. I guess that Graco want you to spend more money on the ‘Sweetpeace Swing’ instead. If you like the idea of this swing I would purchase it on the assumption that you will be using your own music via a Bluetooth speaker or by just using a mobile phone holder that can be stuck on the control unit using a suction pad.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 1 July 2013
This review is from: Graco Snuggle Swing (Benny & Bell) (Baby Product)
My newborn little girl thoroughly enjoys the snuggle swing. Love the choice of songs and the sounds, and the fact that it swings in different directions. The only thing that disappointed me was the fact that unlike other versions of this product, this snuggle swing cannot be plugged in for power :/ Also, it could do with more reclining positions, e.g. the option to have it laying flat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive batteries aside this is a very good product that worked a treat on our baby., 13 Oct 2014
Jason Gaston "Uncle Jay" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This suprisingly large swing takes up a fair bit of space so anyone who is limited on space should beware as the footprint of this is deceptively large compared to the images on Amazon. The box is pretty bulky too but assembly took my Mrs approx 25 mins from box open to baby in seat. The swinging motion is very smooth and almost silent in its action and the different speeds are noticeable to something to suit every baby Im sure. Annoyingly the unit takes 4 x D size cell batteries (the big fat ones) which can be quite expensive and no option of mains power cable or even an adapter to add mains power so it will be interesting to see how long the batteries last with continued use. The unit plays music which can be a little annoying to most adults as the quality is pretty poor considering the price tag of this unit and the soothing sounds is also a little bit on the cheap and nasty side of quality HOWEVER the soothing sounds certainly do work so as annoying as they may be to mum and dad Im pretty sure the proof is in the pudding and a snoozing baby is proof enough for me. The only drawback on this swing is it doesn't seem to specify or even recommend a age/size/weight for baby so as a general rule an average size newborn can fit easily in this and almost look a little lost and even our baby who is 6 months old and growing by the minute fits very easily into the chair however as she is more active and progressing she wont settle in this long enough to get to sleep as she is trying to sit up etc.
All in all a very good product indeed which does the job and does it well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Swing - Poor Sound, 15 Sep 2014
KMW (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Graco Snuggle Swing seems reasonably well built and sturdy. It's generally straightforward to assemble, taking me around 10 minutes. There's no batteries included with the swing, so make sure you have four D type batteries on hand. Once assembled, it's quite large and heavy, so it's not the easiest thing to move from room to room.

My 2 month old Nephew seems very comfortable in the seat and the five-point harness ensure he stays secure. This version has 6 swing speeds, two reclining seat positions and also rotates into four different positions, so my nephew can rock side to side, which he loves. The swinging motion is smooth and quiet, easily settling him off to sleep. 3 toys (a teddy and two balls) hang down for him to play with. Unlike the Graco Sweetpeace version, this has no seat vibration, although, my Nephew settles fine without this feature.

Unfortunately, the melodies and sounds are pretty dreadful quality, which is disappointing considering it's price. There's also no mp3 connection either (this only features on the Graco Sweetpeace Swing). Graco should probably have left this element out and lowered the price. I have a Sonos Play:1 which I place nearby and this allows me to play spotify, which offers thousands of baby tunes, along with loads of ambient relaxation soundscapes (soundcloud is good too).

Overall, If you're not bothered about audio, then this is an excellent swing. It may be worth looking at the Sweetpeace swing for extra features and extended functionality. That version includes MP3 connection, seat vibration, play tray and converts into a bouncer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 14 Sep 2014
A. BUNCALL "abuncall" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very well put together swing chair with a quality feel and look to it. The material and design on the actual chair section feels a lot softer and comfy than some of the other products I've come across and on first couple of tries with my 4 month old daughter she settles in it well.

The instructions (3 identical booklets for some reason) could have been better, I prefer pictures AND words when putting things together rather than the series of pictures only in this booklet. Thankfully it was very straightforward to construct so no worries there

The thing I love best about this swing chair as opposed to a couple others we have tried is the slightly higher position. We've placed it at the foot of our kitchen table which has immediately opened up the option for me wife and I to enjoy a meal at the same time rather than one having to jiggle our daughter around. The floor height rockers and chairs are not great for this.....we can now see our daughter and she can see us whilst eating and she seems to much prefer this.

The swing action is gentle but with varying speeds, it has a nice quiet action rather than the clicky noisy mechanics of our previous rocker.

The only criticism of this product is the sound element. Both the music and the sound effects do not match the quality of the rest of the product. The sound effects are harsh and tinny whilst the music is really cheaply put together and corny.

Stick this chair next to a nice radio with some gentle music on and you can't go far wrong! Lovely soft feel, good swing action, just steer clear of the sound effects!

5.0 out of 5 stars This was the best product purchased for our daughter Nevaya, 30 Oct 2014
L. Hughes "Lorette" (United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Graco Snuggle Swing (Benny & Bell) (Baby Product)
This was the best product purchased for our daughter Nevaya! I love its elevated off the floor & it has music & white noise and also different swing settings! Would highly recommend to anyone, its a lifesaver when you're busy and also to soothe your baby when they're tired or upset. My daughter is 13 weeks old now & she loves it as much as Mummy & Daddy!! It also looks fantastic in my lounge it goes with my decor lol & isn't so big it takes over!!xx

4.0 out of 5 stars swing brilliant, music not so much!, 4 Sep 2014
This review is from: Graco Snuggle Swing (Benny & Bell) (Baby Product)
This is an excellent product! I really struggle to fault this swing EXCEPT... The music is terrible. But I knew this by reading other reviews before I purchased that it was no good and I still didn't mind. I bought it when it was on offer and i am really pleased

3.0 out of 5 stars It is very nice swing but unfortunately we need to return it because ..., 12 Dec 2014
This review is from: Graco Snuggle Swing (Benny & Bell) (Baby Product)
It is very nice swing but unfortunately we need to return it because ours has a problem with swinging speeds - putting swing in much higher speed by itself and that is not convenient especially having little baby inside.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good swing but really large, 7 Nov 2014
This review is from: Graco Snuggle Swing (Benny & Bell) (Baby Product)
Good swing but really large, we don't have a massive house so had to get rid as it took up a lot of room. Loads of decent settings though and would recommend if you have enough space.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Graco Snuggle Swing (Benny & Bell)