on 22 April 2015
This review is about the purchase experience rather than the software, which after FINALLY installing it, I'm hoping will work pretty much like every other version of Office I've used.

Note that under this listing there are two options - 'Mac' and 'Mac Download'. I went for the £15 more expensive 'Mac' option as I expected it would include a disc version of the software (the listing after all says you need a DVD reader for it). But when it arrived, it's just a small cardboard sleeve with a smaller cardboard card on the inside with the 'product key' you'll need to, get this, DOWNLOAD the software. So I paid £15 more for a bit of cardboard as opposed to the 'download' version. Nice. This listing is not at all clear.

On top of that, the website I was directed to for the download didn't work for 3 days, so after hunting around an incredibly confusing Microsoft site for the correct contact details, wasting time on 2 different phone numbers and having online support remote into my mac only to tell me they couldn't figure out what was wrong, someone there finally just gave me a direct download link. Poor experience all around. Looking for a £15 refund now from either the seller or Amazon.

UPDATE: In fairness to the seller, they responded quickly and are refunding the difference.
on 5 October 2014
Having ditched my Windows laptop (Blame Windows 8, not the laptop), I moved over to Mac. However, a lot of my documents were written as Word or Excel files, and I wanted to use them on my MacBook. This seemed like the obvious solution.

Let's just make it clear that you are not buying a CD - the box shows up just like a regular Office product would, but inside is a little card with a serial number and download instructions. You send your Mac to the website, download and enter your serial number, and the machine does everything. Really simple!

No compatibility issues to date - work done on machines running Windows comes across seamlessly. I am impressed, and also relieved!
on 23 July 2013
Easy to install but do not expect disc, you get an online download access key on a card. Clear instructions to download and get started using the applications on completion of the download.
11 comment47 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 December 2013
Basically the same as if you are using it on a Windows computer. Works wonders on the Apple Mac. Would recommend this to all who have Apple Mac but still want to use Work, Excel and Powerpoint
0Comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 November 2013
Totally satisfied with this product, though I would've liked to have a multi licence version to use on all my computers instead of having to buy 1 for each.
on 15 January 2014
I used Microsoft Office on my PC. Having switched to a Mac I could not continue to use my existing Microsoft Office because it was not suitable for Mac. I struggled with Pages and Numbers for a while before deciding to buy Office for Mac. Back to normal now.
0Comment35 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 October 2013
As a recent convert to a Mac, I installed MS office with some trepidation having heard all sorts of stories about incompatibility issues and frozen screens. However, it proved easy to install and having used Word, Powerpoint and Excel extensively for the past few weeks I haven't experienced any problems.
0Comment32 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 October 2013
Having bought this for Mac use, I wonder why it is SO much more expensive than Apple's equivalent "Pages" which seems to do pretty much the same. Having said that, it does everything I want from it.
on 9 October 2013
I needed it so I got what I paid for - I'm very happy with the download and the product
on 5 May 2013
very pleased with this, easy to load, no problems. wish i had bought it years ago has helped me produce and share my work.