5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the extra cost.
Published 12 months ago by K

I can't remember how many years I have worn Aigle wellingtons BUT NO MORE...........
Published 8 months ago by L.J.C

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the extra cost., 5 July 2013
See, also, my other review of the 'Aigle Parcours ISO Open' boots, which I own, along with other boots which I've reviewed on here. The Open's are warmer than these... but dearer and have a zip up the side instead of these boots which have the adjustable strap. Both systems work well and accommodate wide calfs. These and the ISO Open's were the most comfortable boots I've tried. Fit like gloves. I love my Open's and would readily buy these 'Parcours 2 Vario's having tried loads of other boots and found these two Aigle boots to be the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect wellies, 21 Mar 2014
Really should have known better and bought these wellies to start with. As it was, I spent almost as much on cheap, uncomfortable others that failed time after time, leaving my feet soaking in the wettest winter in history.

Ordered the brown simply as cheapest option, but actually colour grows on you over time.

These are the most comfortable wellies I've owned, and are great on long walks through fields with the dogs. Shame it's stopped raining really ....

4.0 out of 5 stars Aigle Wellingtons, 24 Mar 2014
Delighted with this product, delivery arrangements were excellent and the boots fit like gloves! Proof of the pudding is in the eating and, for someone who lives in wellingtons spending hundreds of pounds to do so, I will let people know if they last longer than the 12 months which is customary and irritating for a "quality" product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots, 15 Feb 2014
L Draycott Fry "Ellejay" (London, England) - See all my reviews
Bought these re floods in Egham. Fantastic boots, stood in water for ages without feeling the cold. Slightly large around foot but they are wellies not leather boots which you can adjust with laces. I've had Le Chameux's (great boots), Hunter's (great boots but not now they are made in China) Ariat's (Mudbusters - fantastic but they split after a year). Can't give five stars as I don't know the lasting qualities, but they are so comfortable for my hard to please feet. Cheap on Amazon, I couldn't wait until Tuesday to get them from here so had to go to Countrywide. I take a size 5.5 in Ariats, 6.5 in Clarkes and I bought the 40 in these Aigles., I could probably have squeezed into a 39 but what's the point? Great thick soles and look quality and off road-ish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, 14 Feb 2014
I love those boots-at first I thought they were a bit on the small size for wellies (I went for a 5.5 as I am a 39 (UK size six) and they only do 5.5 and 6.5. Other reviewers said the boiots came up large, so I decided to choose the smaller size. I think this was a good decision, as I don't need thick socks ( a normal thin hiking sock or wool sock is fine, as the lining seems fairly warm). I think a half size up would have been ok, but a whole size definately too large, as then the boots would have flapped on the heels.

You also don't need so much space as, opposed to normal wellies, the bootom is cut more like a walking boot, so the foot doesn't slide around as much, whereas in normal wellies they do and hurt your toe.

The grip is good and they keep your feet warm. Have yet to test them out on very muddy lanes and see whether they hurt my toes, but am confident that they will be fine. Forgot I was wearing them today in town, and with normal wellies, I never do!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good boot, 6 Feb 2014
Excellent boot. Comfortable and keeps feet dry. Good height to boot. Slightly loose fitting so need extra socks or may benefit from insole.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this boots, 5 Feb 2014
After lots of research i went for these, love the colour.
I ordered a size 7 they are generous so if you are a half size go down, but it's does give me the option for 2 pairs of socks.
I have had no problems with my feet since and have recommended them to my sister.
Suitable if you have large calves!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great very cumfy, 8 Dec 2013
Very nice and comfortable great for long walks with the dog on the beach in winter time, much better than hunters

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't remember how many years I have worn Aigle wellingtons, 18 Oct 2013
L.J.C (Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
My last pair of Aigle Vario wellies lasted 2 years, the foot of the left boot has cracked, perished, and is leaky. So I tried this 'new' Vario 2, I couldn't get my foot in my usual size with the neoprene lining, I didn't like the feel under the heel in the non neoprene, I only walked up and down a few times in the Countrywide store. Backward step Aigle going back to a 'slider' for the adjustable calf 'vario', (gone back to the Benlylsport type of adjuster) which is of no use if you want quickly jump into a vehicle and drive more comfortably. Certainly overpriced for just two years wear, I have tried all makes over the years but have always settled on Aigle (pre vario 2) for comfort in walking my dogs around fields. My wellies have always been washed off with cold clean water, dried naturally (not in sun) or dried with microfibre cloth and then stored in a purpose made wellington boot bag. I would probably have bought another pair of the old style Aigle but not anymore...... I've just bought a pair of Gumleaf Viking wellingtons (made in this country, Norfolk) at considerably less money than Aigle, same colour as the Aigle bronze,they are two inches taller, good for me, probably not for shorter people, slightly larger in the foot, but still very comfy with a neoprene lining.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced for what they are., 30 Sep 2013
These come up quite big - wide across the foot and much bigger in length. Also, I was expecting something that was much more springy and comfortable, as these are marketed as being made like a walking boot. They are comfortable, but still pretty much like a bog standard wellie. The shaft and sole are good quality, but in all I would say overpriced for what is basically just a wellie boot.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›