Style Name: Family-SUV|Change

on 6 January 2015
I've played with this with a four year old over the last two weeks.

This playmobil kit was chosen as it roughly matches our real car. It has been great watching proper role play fun, and hearing our own real life conversations (get in, sit down, seatbelt on, open the window please etc) replayed in front of us on the lounge carpet.

The car is relatively easy to fit together (although make sure you get the wing mirrors on the correct side, I didn't pay attention and it was a pain to remove one once fitted upside down on the wrong side.

the kit comes with two characters, and the car has space for two more. Baby seats for the back are provided, but can be removed.

In play, my girl struggles with two things - firstly putting the driver into his seat. this is awkward only until the technique is worked out: straighten the legs of the character, tuck them under the steering wheel (orientated so that it's cut away segment is at the bottom), then push in. It seems very difficult to fit a character in the drivers seat if their legs are bent to start off with.

It can also be awkward to open the roof box, I am hoping this will loosen up with further wear and tear.

Allow about 10 minutes for assembly, more if being "helped" by little hands.
on 10 January 2015
Not too much to assemble, and only a few stickers to apply. The attention to detail from Playmobil hasn't waned over the years, and the amount of accessories that come with the car is great. The only downside with this product is that the doors on the car do not open, but the roof removes to put the people in. Playmobil sets give a child so much to play with - they are only limited by their imagination.

We purchased this with the Family Caravan (5434) so my 4 year old son could tow the caravan. He loved his present and it hasn't really been packed away since Christmas.

It is also good to give a toy that isn't associated with a film/tv character (personally I think a child doesn't get bored with it so quickly), and it allows boys, as well as girls, to role play with the sets.

The other thing that I like about Playmobil toys is that the picture on the box shows you everything inside, it isn't made up from 'additional sets' that need to be purchased, like some other manufacturers.

It is also a shame that the Remote Control unit(4856) that you can buy to upgrade this car is so expensive - that would be a great addition.
on 29 April 2014
I have two Autistic children and normally small parts are a problem. This is great as the parts are of a reasonable size. Also they know where all the parts fit and they tend to keep it that way. They don't like change. Going to order more based on the catalog info that came with the toy.
Brilliant colour, sturdy, many bits and pieces and even a little bit of simple assembly to keep the "responsible" adult out of mischief.
Up to the usual hight , Playmobil standard. Our nearly. 5 and 3 year old grandsons eyes lit up when the saw the box and have had hours of fun with this and their other Playmobil sets. Lots of scope to stretch young imaginations. Overall a quality toy.
on 29 December 2013
This is a fantastic toy and tows the caravan 5434 everywhere. My son loves playing holidays. You should really consider it!
on 24 September 2014
My granddaughter is going to love this. I bought it with the caravan, campsite and a couple of other items as she is made on caravan holidays and she can act out little stories with these toys.
on 1 June 2016
I love playmobil. I have never bought a set that I've not been happy with. They are not the cheapest of toys but are definitely a case of you get what you pay for. The numbers of pieces and attention to detail is amazing. Bright, colourful, well made toys that open a whole world of imagination. One of the few toys these days that comes in a plain, suitably sized box. Both my children love it, my 11 year old enjoys the building and my 6 year old takes over with the imaginative play there after. I could watch them for hours if I had the time. Lasts for years and if you look after it, retains its value
on 14 November 2014
My son will absolutely love this, we got the caravan to go with it. Looks like lots of little detailed parts to play with, opening door etc, he's going to love it.
on 28 June 2015
Same great Paymobil quality, but Amazon helps obtain a much better price. This SUV is great for the kids, with usual surprise and delight features. Working roof box, miniature, removable child-seats for the SUV and even the option to combine with the Playmobil power-pack and remote control to turn this into a R/C car ! Extremely robust and virtually indestructible, and absolutely perfect for kids. Includes tow bar which works with the Caravan from the same country friends range, and no doubt with other playmobil trailers as well.
on 20 August 2014
My 5 year old son has this with the caravan and has played for hours with it! Great quality, easy to put together and durable as with all playmobil!