5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing performance at a basically free cost.
What an amazing monitor. Years ago i had the awesome BenQ FP241W but the screen got broken.

Ever since then I just had cheap monitors as back then the FP241W monitor cost 700+!

Published 8 months ago by Wes

3.0 out of 5 stars Brightness and Colour terrible at default settings
I had a cheap monitor on my internet computer and a 19 ins Iiyama monitor on my main photo editing and text work computer. This was proving a little on the small side so I wanted a larger monitor for that machine and then move the Iiyama to my internet computer.

I had been pleased with the Iiyama and was going to get another for the serious work; but this Benq...
Published 4 months ago by Geoffrey Foale

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing performance at a basically free cost., 20 Nov 2013

It has very accurate colours which I know now is very important to me as some monitors are too cool etc or just can never get it set right. This works right out of the box. I also missed 1920 x 1200 until i got this monitor, is is just better than 1920 x 1080 as you get that crucial extra bit of vertical work space.

Looks great in games and although it isn't at 27" monitor running at 1440p, it is about as good as a monitor can get. I decided to try this monitor over the Dell 24" as I read good but hard to find reviews on this monitor. So far no dead pixels too, but i will keep an eye out of the next few weeks as a i cannot stand that sort of defect.

Awesome buy and an awesome price. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, 17 Nov 2013
This is a great monitor. It has the unique combination of:
* 24" 16:10 aspect ratio
* DisplayPort out
* No pulse width modulation
* IPS
* "Normal" matte finish
* No backlight bleed

I was after an IPS/PLS monitor that had a finish like my old TN monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 940B) and this monitor has that. Other IPS monitors have a glossy, grainy, sparkly, or cross-hatch finish.

The eco sensor - a feature which turns the monitor off if you aren't sitting in front of it - works well.
The eye protect mode - a feature to adjust brightness based on ambient room light (higher brightness for brighter ambient light) - works but I tend to use monitors at close to zero brightness and the eye protect mode makes things too bright for me.

I also like the stand and bezel. It has hard edges which gives it more presence. The touch-sensitive buttons are nice too.

The built-in speakers aren't very good. They do work but the quality isn't great. But this is a monitor so I'm not sure why speakers are in there anyway :-P

4.0 out of 5 stars Three Words of Caution ... ..., 21 Mar 2014
Handygrandad (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BenQ BL2410PT 24-inch Widescreen VA LED Multimedia Monitor (1920 x 1080, 4 ms, VGA, DVI-D, DP, Reading Mode for a Better Reading Experience) (Accessory)
=========================================

Pulse .. Width .. Modulation (PWM)

=========================================

Pulse Width Modulation is used in many monitors to adjust the backlight brightness. This causes a high frequency screen flicker which is invisible in normal use, however some people are particularly susceptible to this and report headaches and other symptoms of eye strain.

BenQ recently began a marketing campaign for it's new range of "flicker free" monitors which includes the BL2410PT. The problem is that, at the time of writing (March 2014), there are two versions of the BL2410PT available, one is flicker free, the other is not.

I was particularly concerned to buy the flicker free version because I am one of those who suffer a reaction to PWM. I was able to establish that the flicker free version is identified by the Part no. 9H.L9JLB.RBE

Until such time as advertisers state specifically that they are selling the "flicker free" version the only way to be sure is if the part number is quoted. Unfortunately this resulted in me having to reluctantly purchase elsewhere.

On the positive side I can report that this is an excellent monitor. I had previously bought a Dell S2440L because it was also flicker free and had exceptionally high contrast. This meant that I could see more detail in the shadows on photos and videos.

I had to find a replacement because The Dell has a glass front and I was using it in a room in direct sunlight which caused too many reflections. So, I wanted a replacement with the same high contrast, but with an anti glare, 24 ins screen .... Oh, and an adjustable stand would also be desirable ...

The BenQ BL2410PT was recommended as a possible contender by Simon from TFT Central (checkout their excellent website). After further research I ordered the "flicker free" version, and I was deeeeeeelighted !!

It's not as pretty or elegant looking as the Dell S2440L ... ... It's more functional, but it's matt black frame and stand is fairly discreet and it produces fantastic images with deep blacks and wide contrast. It has a solid, fully adjustable stand, with the option of a 90 degree turn into portrait format.

The Settings Menu is a bit fiddly with it's touch buttons but there is a neat bit of software provided that allows you to adjust all the settings using your mouse (or touchpad). You can also specify display modes for particular programs, for example, it can be set to automatically go into Photo mode when you load Photoshop, or Film mode when you load Media Player, and back to PC mode as the default.

I have been using the monitor daily for about a fortnight and I only have one criticism. It has a very brightly lit, green, power/stand-by button on the bottom right hand corner of the panel. This is lit all the time the monitor is in use. I found it a distraction, especially when watching videos. However, a carefully placed, small square of black insulating tape has successfully solved that problem! Fortunately the monitor also has a "mains" switch on the back of the monitor which I use when I want to turn the screen on or off. This has the added bonus of completely swiching off the power so it is not using any "stand-by" power.

I would have given 5 stars, if it were not for the ugly illuminated, "power/standby" button. This is easily fixed but, in my opinion, it is an unforgiveable design flaw, and is particularly noticeable because in every other respect ... this is an excellent monitor and great value for money.

==========================================

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic alternative for Eizo and NEC, 6 Mar 2014
Are you considering famous NEC EA244WMi or Eizo EV2436W?

This BenQ BL2411PT is a perfect alternative. As of today, I've been working on it for 4 weeks (8-10h/day) and it is great. Amazing color reproduction for this price. As a professional photographer I considered two monitor models mentioned above and I recommend this BenQ screen.

Also, for gamers, refresh rates are quite decent. I recently beat my Pinball FX2 high score on this monitor ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars A VERY GOOD MONITOR, 10 July 2014
I was choosing between this one and the ASUS PB278Q, though I eventually chose this one simply because it has much better reviews, and for good reason. It's PERFECT! The colour is perfect, the size is perfect (something to get used too), the quality is perfect, the resolution is almost perfect (a 4k would be better but only if your computer can handle it + they have lower contrast ratio etc such as the new samsung TN monitor. What more could you ask for in a monitor. The input lag is acceptable though I would reconsider if playing fps games a lot. 32 inches is in my opinion the sweet spot, monitors are getting bigger and bigger over the years. This will very soon be the norm. This monitor is also very easy on the eyes due to no PWM feature which is on monitors such as the ASUS PB278Q. See a more in-depth review here:

Here is a very good video review aswell:

Overall: A very good monitor. The only criticisms: Takes time to get used to (it's worth it though!), input lag, difficult and expensive to get a strong enough monitor mount to support this monitor.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... been using this monitor for about 6 months - excellent colour and quality, 7 July 2014
R. G. Morrison "Pyrrho" (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
Have been using this monitor for about 6 months - excellent colour and quality. No complaints. More than replaces my 23" Dell Ultra Sharp.

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last a Monitor I can Look At All Day, 10 Jun 2014
I've had real trouble finding a monitor that does not give me headaches, nausea and dry eyes. I had to send back a new Dell XPS 27 inch because of extreme light reflection and a Philips 27 inch monitor because it just made me feel ill! This monitor is fine and the colours are much better than on the Philips I bought too.

Its easily adjustable and I'm really pleased with it so far. I did a lot of research on monitors before buying this one as it was the 3rd in as many months. I have hooked it up to a Mac mini via a Displayport/Thunderbolt cable and its perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real quality, 3 Jan 2014
The best monitor I have had and I have had a few. 16.10 is a real bonus for most work . Great picture .all tilt and swivel options also. Rock solid..... No movement like most monitors that move with very little help.totally recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars bright, 7 Jun 2013
Nice monitor. chose this one after reading a review in a comp mag, bright and good colours, will get another when i get my next build.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitors, I would recommend them., 24 April 2014
I purchased two of these to replace two Dell 20" monitors with CFT backlights that I'd had for 5 years. I considered going for the Dell 2412M, but after much searching and review reading decided to go for these as they had similar reviews and were a much newer model. If I'm honest I was a little apprehensive as I've never used BenQ monitors, but now I have them I don't have any concerns. They are excellent monitors, stunning colours and the only comment I would make is you have to turn the brightness way down as out of the box at 100% they burn your retinas off, and I like a bright monitor. I have them set at 40%, but for most people they would be fine at around 35%. You have to turn the brightness down with any new monitor though, so this isn't just a BenQ issue.

I like the Eco Sensor that turns the backlights off if you move away from the monitor, but had to set the range to 'far' as I found that even on 'Medium' it would activate if I just turned away from the monitors for a minute. I also turned off the 'Smart Reminder' as although it sounds like a good idea, in reality it is just a bit annoying when it pops up telling you to give your eyes a rest. We all know we spend too much time in front of the computer and that we need to give our eyes a break. Being nagged about it doesn't help.

The touch controls for settings takes a little getting use to and would be a gripe if they were in constant use, but once you've set the monitor up you rarely use them so it isn't a problem.

Overall I'm very pleased with them so far. If I could fit lager monitors in my workspace I would have gone for something bigger, but two 24" monitors is more than plenty and these are perfect for the job.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›