Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 April 2013
when 'life in easy steps' was on the radio last year, I thought, I like that and looked it up on youtube but I didn't go any further then that, then in February my wife and I went to see Justin Currie in concert, I had just found out about Justin's fantastic solo work. Justin Currie had a support act and that happened to be Robert Vincent, when he came on for his set I hadn't realised this was the man who sang 'life in easy steps' and when it came up in his set, I thought I know that song from somewhere, I enjoyed Robert Vincent's acustic set, but to be honest all I wanted to see that night was Justin Currie, Justin was fantastic. At the end of the concert a few of us waited to meet Justin and while we waited Robert was loading his car near us, he looked quite shy, he said nothing as he passed us and we said nothing either, I now wish I had shaken his hand, but as I've said I was so looking forward to seeing and meeting Justin nothing else mattered to me that night. When back home I looked Robert up and listened to as many songs as I could find on youtube, I enjoyed what I found and decided to buy the album and I'm glad I did, I'm not one for downloads as I think the quality is better on cd and I like to own an album, I would recommend this 2 cd set, the second cd has 4 tracks on and includes track 1 'the bomb, this is a great track, also other fav's on cd 1 are 'life in easy steps', 'blue', 'second chance', 'burns [like cotton in the fields]', 'light of the stars', 'riot's cry', 'demons', 'who are you to say', 'the passage', [ from cd 2 ], 'how do you sleep', The quality of the cd packaging is second to none, the 2 cd's are in like a small hard back book, with lyrics and pictures, a bargain for £8 delivered. This is real music, it's nice to hear a new recording artist being true to himself and not having to record what he's told to. The production of the album is spot on, real but not to raw and not over produced, Robert has a distinctive voice, quality musicians, great to hear Melvin Duffy on pedal steel guitar/dobro, [ I think he is on 1 or 2 of my Lilac Time cd's ], I like those type of instruments , we met Union Station/Jerry Douglas another great dobro player when we went to see Alison Krauss and Union Station in concert [ players at the top of their game ]. I would like to thank Robert Vincent for a great album and wish him luck and hope more people buy this album and next time I would like to shake his hand. Also if you like, I think, Justin Currie ,'What is love for', album is also 5*.
on 28 February 2013
'The sound track to my life'.Yes I said it and I mean it too.From beginning to end this album takes you through all of life's emotions, good bad and the in between, and you won't feel cheated. It feels like a labour of love,song's that he's held on for so and finally had to let them go,to stand and speak for themselves. They stand confidently and they speak volumes of life's trials and let downs, but with a glimmer of hope,if you put the hard work in and believe in yourself. There are some toe tapping tunes here too,life is good not all doom and gloom.A quality debut album by Mr Vincent with a bonus disc of outstanding songs that would put today's established artists to shame, you know who I'm taking about.Robert Vincent has got the voice. The songs. The musicians. The production. Now...Have you got it..LIFE IN EASY STEPS *****.CF.
on 4 April 2013
Hear a track on the radio and I am a confessed, fully paid up country fan - even play in a band myself. This is what British country fans should be listening to and supporting, OK it extends the boundaries BUT take a trip to your local CM club and watch them line dance to Cher and Frank Sinatra ....now if that IS country you can...you know the rest. Buy this album, it is brilliant.

Apologies if RV doesn't want to be pigeonholed as Country but in my honest opinion there aren't many to touch him in the genre in this country...oh and I'd be one of them!
on 17 March 2013
Never written a review before but we've just seen Robert Vincent play live at the O2 and his voice is amazing! Can't wait for this CD to arrive!
on 26 March 2013
Play it in the car at full volume all the time and love singing along to it. Why don't we hear more of Robert Vincent? Brilliant.
on 25 January 2014
Hadn't heard of Rob Vincent til we saw him as support to Paul Carrack in Liverpool 17th Jan 2014. He sang 6 songs off this album, inspiring us to download the rest. Not a bad track on the album which is more than you can say about most albums these days. Honest lyrics, soulful music with an edge. Highly recommend both the album and seeing him live.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 February 2016
Mark my words, Robert Vincent is going to be a major name, not only as a perfortmer but also as a song writer. One of the songs on this simply outstanding album is 'Blue', I can see someone in Nashville picking it up and getting a chart topping country hit from it, it's one of the best songs for quite some while. Robert's own performance is simply brilliant and must be heard. He is receiving an award this week from Bob Harris as the best emerging performer in Americana music, yet he's from Liverpool UK. Currently on your as Paul Carrack's special guest, where many will see him for the first time and be thrilled by such a great young artist, singer, guitatist and songwriter. Whether just solo or with his excellent band he's marked out as someone on the way up.
This album is outstanding, every song is beautifully crafted, and nicely recorded, so do yourself a treat, listen to and enjoy the latest superstar out of Liverpool. An album to treasure and play again and again !
on 1 February 2013
I came upon this as I was going through iTunes saw that it was country and nearly ignored it but thought I'd listen to the previews, and i loved his voice, and downloaded it. In the early hours of the morning i walked to the bus stop to go to work at four am. And just couldn't help to notice how beautiful this album was,
Robert Vincent's voice is elegant and he seems to be the British version of Ryan Adams.

1/Light of the stars 10/10
is a great beginning to this album you can get a feel to what you will be expecting from the album. not a fast song but not slow either. a very Acoustic track.
2/Burns like cotton in the fields 6/10
Not my fave track don't get me wrong it is a nice track, but it's a bit too country, but it is a great track, (must say there is not a bad track on this album)
3/Riots Cry (10/10)
A more upbeat track, there is a lot to like about this song, Robert's passionate voice with an upbeat feel to it; one of my fave tracks on the album.
4/Blue 10/10
Again one of my fave tracks; which if listened to is about Love, it's a beautiful track; and shall listen to this while i'm sitting in my balcony in Egypt on holiday very emotionally strong track
5/Life in Easy Steps (7/10)
another more countryesque track; but again a nice track and fits well on the album
6/Who are you to say (10/10)
a slow ridden song of love angst, broken hearts and anger. this is one of those songs that you can contemplate to, but it's again another beautiful song
7/The Passage (9/10)
a much faster track with that country twang to it, a nice song to compliment the slow who are you to say.
8/Demons (10/10)
the album kind of goes up and down in beats, a slow song then a fast song, (not too fast this isn't a Nirvana album) But Robert's voice compliments the instrumental beats that lay like background music to the talent of Vincent's voice.
9/Heaven knows (10/10)
Another nice track (in all honesty this track by track will just be me saying how nice this song is) :)
10/My Pill (10/10)
another upbeat song which uses Vincent's voice well, its a strong track on the album.
11/second chance (10/10)
yeah you guessed it very nice song.
OK going to leave it there as I got this album on Itunes as in the Deluxe version and can't be bothered to go back to check how many tracks are on this version.
OK so this may not to be everyone's taste, but i just loved this album, and I'm a huge Nirvana the offspring soundgarden fan, but i also like the acoustic music with a much more slow and personal feel to it. Now he has been compared to Ryan Adams but being a Ryan Adam's fan may not automatically make you like This album. I would highly recommend this album to anyone who loves music who loves the personal feel to an album, to someone who wants to sit in there room and chill. or an album to sit down by the river and get lost in a song.
Well I hope this review helps.
on 21 February 2013
This is the best music I've heard in a long time!! I "discovered" this artist on Facebook and bought the album immediately!! Fantastic - I hope that he goes far.
on 29 January 2013
Rob Vincent has been on the verge of greatness for several years, cutting his teeth in various venues in the North West and further afield. Finally though, he's been given the opportunity he so greatly deserves and Life in Easy Steps is the result. His genre is somewhat difficult to pin down unless country-folk-rock is a genre in which case that's where this album sits.

From the catchy opener "Light of the Stars" Robs country influence flows through in the second track "Burns (Like Cotton in the Fields)" and by the time you get to the slightly edgier "Blue" you're well and truly hooked and all of a sudden an unknown album by a relatively unknown performance becomes something you seem to have known about for years.

My personal favourite is "Demons", on the album it's a slow number but if you get the chance to see Robert play live you'll be pleasantly rewarded with a heavier rockier variation.

Hopefully, with the help of more airplay on Radio 2 this album will begin to garner the respect and popularity it deserves. So, as i said at the start, if you only buy one album in 2013, buy Life in Easy Steps by Robert Vincent and you won't be disappointed.