5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed
Published 14 months ago by John Alexander

2.0 out of 5 stars A great idea let down by poor materials
I bought the jacket in early 2012. Less than a year later, the zips have called off some of the pockets, the lining is ripped in various places, the stitching gave way under the armpit, the plastic covering over the iPhone pocket is shattered, and the fleece around the neck is bobbled.

The main zip has always caught on the material surrounding it, as do the...
Published 22 months ago by spider_j

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars A great idea let down by poor materials, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: AyeGear® 22 Pocket Jacket - Concealed Pockets, iPad Pocket, No Bulge - Airport Scanner Friendly (Apparel)

The main zip has always caught on the material surrounding it, as do the zips for the front outer pockets and "secret" sleeve pocket.

I take very good care of my clothes. The jacket I had before that one lasted me 10 years, and I am back to wearing it again now. The design, zips aside, is good, the jacket is very warm and waterproof, and, initially, at least, it lived up to promises. As a long term solution to my carrying needs, however, the jacket failed miserably. A real shame.

I emailed the manufacturers, and, to his credit, Zain responded within hours, but told me that he had not heard such complaints. My father, who bought a jacket on my recommendation a month after I received mine, has had almost exactly the same problems. Furthermore, I received the vest (gillet) as a Christmas present in 2012 (which inspired me to buy the jacket) and it has most of the same problems with internal linings ripping and zips catching. The outer is a different material, which has lasted better than that of the jacket.

Another note: this jacket is the only piece of clothing I have ever bought in XL. The L, which I normally wear, was way too small, so if you do ignore this review and order, please make sure that you order at least one size above normal.

I can't recommend it to anyone who wants a hard wearing piece of clothing that can cope with carrying their precious gadgets safely, and it is too expensive to buy as an item to be worn occasionally.

3.0 out of 5 stars Major sizing problems, 13 Aug 2013
John MacLeod (Ross-shire Scotland) - See all my reviews
The idea is excellent. No problems with the quality of the jacket. The sizing, however, is way out on two counts:
i) The jacket is a very neat fit even with the pockets empty -- don't even think of wearing a sweater underneath it. I ordered a larger size than normal, but it's still a very neat fit empty.
ii) Even the pockets with outside access are inset pockets, rather than patch pockets, so they reduce the effective size of the jacket even further.
The result is that you need a jacket at least two sizes larger than normal, if you are going to put anything into the pockets, and putting things into the pockets is surely the object of the exercise.

It really looks as if this was designed by people who don't use it as a travel vest themselves -- at least not for long distance air travel.

There's an additional problem in that the main zip is hopelessly fiddly -- the quality of the zip itself is OK, but not suitable for that application.

I've offered the jacket to a much slimmer relative and will replace it with a travel vest from another supplier.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very well made but order at least one size above what you need, 28 Jun 2013
Amazing jacket which is well made and comes with so many pockets (22). Particularly like the large one capable of storing a laptop/tablet. Fits snugly but order at least one size above what you need. My only criticism is that it is overpriced for what it is so doesn't represent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 13 Sep 2013
John Alexander "profotoman" (Glasgow ,Scotland) - See all my reviews
I normally carry a backpack to work every day, containing a magazine to read at lunch,Glasses and case to read the mag with, iPad to check the news,smartphone to listen to my music, a camera, a camera flash unit, several lens, sandwiches,bottle of juice,pen, usual bits an pieces. I have now replaced the backpack with the Aye Gear 22 jacket, and I must say it has been great to ditch the bag. Plus I can now leave my head phones attached to the jacket,this is really usefull if like me you spend half your day looking for them.
All in all I'm very happy with the jacket, a true fashionable techno gadget. I actually think this jacket could be classed almost as a gadget itself, as a photographer, it's great to wander the streets with all my kit(not my dslr kit) but high end lenses,and fuji pro 1 camera, and no one can tell I have them with me. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 16 Aug 2013
Got this in December/January so it was winter time. Can honestly say that it keeps me warm no bother. Since buying this jacket I haven't had it off! It has now been renamed the Mars Bar jacket.....work, rest and play!

The pockets are brilliant! Conceals everything no bother. I even managed to fit an Alsatian dog in one of the pockets without anyone questioning the over sized bulge I had. This happens a lot to me....but I won't go into detail.

On a more serious note, I can't fault this jacket at all! When, if ever, I wear this jacket out I'll be getting another one for sure! Great product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very small xxl, 12 Jun 2013
Hello the jacket is perfect but it has to be the smallest xxl jacket ever made, more like a medium, its a pity because I-was looking forward to wearing this jacket. Colette Plunkett

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done iGlaswegian! Well done!, 11 Nov 2012
I bought the AyeGear22 in October for an early gift for myself, now I use it all the time. I find this jacket very useful for a large number of reasons. The 22 pockets are well made. The more notable ones: I use are the iPad, 11" Laptop pocket to store my iPad when going to school. Its much easier than carrying a separate bag and even with a case and a Smart Cover it fits well. The phone pocket is surprisingly handy, even though I thought I would never use it. But mainly I like how I can carry all my required things like my iPad, iPhone and papers very securely. The materials used are fantastic, sturdy YKK zippers, and the jacket being fully waterproof.

But to conclude, if you are looking for a nice jacket that is secure with war you carry with you on a daily basis. I would recommend this jacket, as of writing this review I've had for over a month and continue to love it since then.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, BUT beware of sizing, 24 Mar 2013
The design of this product is very good, the sizing of this jacket is HOPELESS, I ordered XL, the sleeves were 4 inches too short, it was tight across the shoulders and chest even with only a shirt on. Either it had been mislabelled XL or the manufacturers need to look into the sizing of otherwise good product. It was parcelled up for return within the hour for a refund. I was very disappointed. .

2.0 out of 5 stars Great concept but could be much better finish., 27 Mar 2014
I've had my Ayegear 22 jacket for nearly a year but started wearing it last autumn when it got colder. The previous review is spot on - the finish of some pockets, lining, etc is very poor AND an XL size is needed. I can often wear large sizes and while the Ayegear 22 jacket fits snugly when I start filling the pockets, the claim that the jacket is bulge proof is laughable!!

The concept of a jacket with lots of pockets is great and it feels secure to be carrying my wallet, keys, iPad, iPhone, etc on my person. But when the pockets developed split linings, zips started to stick, Velcro came away, etc it stopped being that secure useful jacket that I bought a year ago. Shame!

Also it's a pity it did not come with a simple waterproof hood incorporated into the collar.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 months, no problems yet, 14 Aug 2013
D.Picken (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
So I bought their Vest in February which I love! Gave into their newsletter and opted to buy this jacket directly from their website as it was on offer back then and i believe still is (at the time of writing this review):

I've had it for a little over 5 months and travelled quite a bit since then with both premium and low cost airlines in the US and UK (Easyjet, Ryanair etc). Its as they said, avoided paying for checked in bags in UK and saved money on actual hand luggage in US. As per xray machines, it worked a treat apart from Muscat where they wanted my iPad physically out on the tray. I also happen to be a professional photographer so im not really sure why the manufacturers of this garment are specifically aiming this at air travellers as this is probably the best gear i've used for storing my SD cards, lens, small'ish tripods and other day-to-day kit with me (I mean ON ME!). Love the little specialists pockets for memory cards, USB sticks etc.

In terms of sizing and quality - I did take advice from others on there and went the next size up. Fits just fine. The zips are smooth and not had any issues with them, they blend in with the inside fabric so thats good attention to detail. I've also washed it a few times since then and no issues - the video on their youtube channel was handy as the wash tag was a little worn out / not clear (i didnt mix it with other colours and washed it on its own just in case).

Suggestions to manufacturer for next version:

- Hood, its a pity that this jacket didn't have a hood... i thought it did from the picture but it doesn't. Would of helped in colder climates.
- Removable sleeves - the jacket can get a little warm in hotter climates so it would be cool if this could be solved by simply removing the sleeves
- Outer fabric - this is really a personal preference but not a biggie, would be nice to get something more like a soft touch similar to their vest

I'll keep this post updated.

p.s. ive had friends and family use discount codes on their website directly without any issue - code SAVENOW. There doesnt seem to be a cap on it so good luck!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›