5.0 out of 5 stars Back to basics with Grammy...
This book is terrific, it absolutely transcended me back to the days in my Grammy's kitchen. Where I learned to joy of cooking. It's not all about the food, it's about building the strength of family. Take a step beyond the measuring cups and remember why food brings people together, gathering together around the dinner is love.

In addition to some pretty...
Published 20 months ago by D. Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars not like my grandma made
I was expecting simple British home cooking, however this is American & instead of roast beef & Yorkshire pudding, I got spaghetti & sourdough cookies. Interesting recipes but definitely not what I was looking for. I should have viewed a sample before buying.
Published 14 months ago by Luke 01

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to basics with Grammy..., 7 Nov 2012
D. Smith (SAINT JOHNS, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grandma's Secret 52 Sunday Recipes. Nans Perfection (Kindle Edition)

In addition to some pretty awesome recipes, the tips for maintaining a cleanliness - but without slaving in the kitchen - tremendous. To be honest the suggestions should be obvious, nonetheless, they are probably not commonplace. I have now implemented several of the suggestions and hey, guess what? My clean-up time has really decreased!

Good book, super value!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique Recipes from 'Nan's' Kitchen, 7 Nov 2012
Unique Recipes from "Nan's" Kitchen

I really enjoyed this recipe e-book. It is worth the investment. What I appreciated MOST about "Grandma's Secret Recipes" is the creativity and variety of the recipes in this top-notch resource for excellent recipes.

I liked the author's introduction as well. 'Nan,' as she is known by her large family, explains why she is revealing her "secret" recipes.

Basically, over the years, she has witnessed, first hand, the unfortunate degradation of quality family togetherness. She explains that her cooking over the years has kept her family together and she hopes that sharing her recipes will act as a type of "glue" that might help bring other families closer together. I think that is a sweet sentiment (yes...pun intended!)

Back to the recipes, they are indeed unique, and there is quite a variety. You not only get the insight of Nan's Desserts, but there are plenty of other types of ingenious recipes ranging from Lasagna and Beef Stew, to Powdered French Toast and Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes.

There is a recipe for everyone and almost every occasion in this e-book (it's NOT simply a collection of dessert recipes, which I originally thought it might be!) I highly recommend it as an addition to anyone's recipe collection!

JoannaJean

2.0 out of 5 stars not like my grandma made, 27 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars terific receips book!!!, 18 Nov 2012
When browsing for a kindle book that had some great recipes but was inexpensive I found Grandmas Recipes. The book really has a great table of contents. I have done a lot of searching, and one thing I notice many of the books at a low cost don't have much or have the "usual" recipes. Grandmas Recipes is packed full of great recipes, a little of Nan's charm, comfort foods, and baked goodies. I definitely recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the recipes!, 23 Nov 2012
I love cooking home meals and too many times these days we find oruselves hitting up fast food restaurants or ordering pizza. What happened to good old family meals? this recipe book is great for offering the chance to cook those home cooked meals and I love the recipes found in this book! Definitely takes me back to when I was a little girl cooking with my mom or grandma!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandma's Receipes, 11 Jan 2014
Mrs. M. E. Melhuish (Wales UK) - See all my reviews
Could not give this book any lower rating packed with yummy old fashioned treats and all easy to make. Excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 19 Nov 2012
Another great collection of Grandma's recipes. I just loved this cookbook! I rarely buy cookbooks but this is full of practical & fun recipes. She tells you where you can use store bought items and when to make something fresh. i am totally delighted with this cookbook. I have already made several recipes from it.My daughter was so impressed with it that she is going to order one for herself and a few as gifts. Overall, I would highly recommend it. If you are looking for something with a bunch of healthy recipes, this may not be the cook book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Grandma's Recipes Ever!, 18 Nov 2012
It has been a tradition for me and my family to meet every Sunday and eat our lunch at my Grandma's house. Each of us brings food for every body to partake and all the family members share the food that's on the table. This is our way to make family ties closer. When I started using this book, they were all looking forward as to what I'll bring every Sunday. I followed each recipes can be finger food or a meal, they all loved it. I'm on the 40th recipe and it saddens me to think that I'll finish and complete the recipes soon. Well, I can always the repeat the recipes again from the beginning. This book was created not only for experts in cooking but for beginners as well. I must confess I'm not a good cook but when I followed the recipes, I started to love cooking especially when I see them excited to eat it. This book has all the recipes that all of us would like to prepare. From food to prepare for breakfast, lunch to snacks. When I'm at home, I take this out and prepare snacks for my kids. It makes them feel they're loved. It like it's cooked with personal touch.

This book is a must have! I had fun cooking and so does my family was so happy to eat each food I prepare. The recipes are easy to cook and most of the ingredients can be found at the kitchen. They aren't complicated and you can always cook them without having to go to the supermarket. This is one book I think I'll pass on to my kids as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandma Nan is Terrific!!, 18 Nov 2012
Not only did I enjoy reading the introduction to this cookbook, which really lets you know that there is a great deal of love and passion coming from Grandma Nan, but the selection of recipes is great. Baked goodies, comfort foods, and just all sorts of delicious recipes. It is great to have such a great cookbook for the kindle. As I noticed from other reviews, this has been a book that has been passed from friend to friend and family member to family member, which is exactly how I got my copy of Grandma's Recipes, and I truly am thankful that I was passed the cookbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandma's Secret 52 Sundae Recipes, 17 Nov 2012
These classic, timeless recipes are not only delicious, but extremely easy to prepare. The instructions are detailed and clear, and the recipes include old fashioned, traditional favorites that everyone will love. The book includes mouthwatering meals and desserts that the whole family will enjoy. I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys bringing happiness to their family and friends through the medium of food.