4.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the Canon 580EX
I've always stuck to the canon branded flash units before, but wanted to experiment with more 'strobist' setups on could not justify shelling out upwards of £500 for a second flash, so decided to try out this. I could not be more pleased - much better build quality than I expected, and all the functionality I need. It's a great flash!

I bought this along with...
Published 16 months ago by David

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 stops missing somewhere
Published 13 months ago by BivviBaz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the Canon 580EX, 12 May 2013
This review is from: YONGNUO YN568EX TTL High-Speed Sync Flash Speedlite for CANON Camera (Electronics)

I bought this along with their YN-622C radio triggers which elevate your off camera flash to new levels. For the cost of a single Canon flash, you can get a nice off camera 2 or 3 flash setup. That said, when I did end up purchasing a 3rd flash, I went for the slightly cheaper YN560II, which lacks the ETTL element, as I found I was only using manual flash when setting up a scene.

YN560 - No ETTL / No High Speed Sync (>1/200 or 1/250 shutter speed)
YN656 - ETTL but still no High Speed Sync
TN568 - ETTL and HSS

5.0 out of 5 stars Good features and build quality at a reasonable price, 3 May 2013
Beats 430EXII on features, is of high build quality, and has a reasonable price. I now have 2 of these along with the YN-622C transceivers.
Glad I went with the Yongnuo sysyem. I was contemplating the EX600RT with a transmitter, but now I have a 2-flash solution for 60% of the expense. And I can trigger studio srobes also.
We'll see how they hold up, but for the first few shoots, they've been flawless. I've also used Canon's 550EX and 580EX previously.
Pics from the last shoot: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars A real bargain, 15 July 2013
K. Williamson (Spain) - See all my reviews
How Yongnuo manage to make a flashgun with 95% of the functionality my Canon 580EXII at this price is a mystery to me.

I was expecting them to feel cheap and flimsy but they don't. OK, the screw fitting on the shoe is not as convenient as the clamp on my Canon flash and they are not weatherproof but for one quarter of the price who cares. The menu system is at least fathomable unlike my Canon which requires a thorough reading of the manual to understand.

If you are into multiple speedlite set ups, then these are just the job. They can be adjusted from the camera, sync at high speed etc etc - perfect! The only downside is that they can't act as a master flash but then I don't need that given that I use radio triggers rather than infra-red.

PS I've now got four Yongnuo YN-622C triggers on the way which will complement the flashguns nicely. You can work out for yourselves how much I have saved over a pair of 580s along with Pocket Wizard ETTL triggers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 28 May 2013
I have only used the flash a few times, but I am very impressed with the build quality.

The Flash is priced very well and can be compared to the Canon 580Ex II(though without the master mode), which was a primary reason that I bought this flash instead of a smaller Yongnuo flash.
I have rated the Flash 5 out of 5 because it has so many features, is so powerful and because of the price compared to the quality of the product.

I look forward to using this flash more than I have done so far, but at this point I am very happy with the flash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid alternative!, 26 Nov 2013
What can I say, this flash is absolutely amazing. I've used it for 4 months or so and it has not let me down. I previously used Jessop's 360AFD and in comparison to that, this one gives it a kick up the backside. It's slightly bigger and heavier than the Jessop's one, however it's also a hell of a lot more powerful - you get what you pay for right?

To add to that, it's cheaper than Canon's 430EXII and does pretty much the same thing, and actually, it's a hell of a lot closer to Canon's 580EXII than the 4330EXII! The product is well built, sturdy and has great potential. I see myself using this flash for some time as it can do almost everything that the 580EXII can do but for a 1/3 of the price - I don't see a reason why you would bother going for the official flash when this flash exists in the market.

It really packs a punch and I can definitely recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic quality/price ratio, 10 Oct 2013
cheap
poewerful
ease to use
slave optical works just fine
the pull up wide plastic works like a difuser. also has a blanc plate which bounces the light

5.0 out of 5 stars Why pay more, 30 Sep 2013
N. Higham (north west U.K) - See all my reviews
cracking bit of kit for a fraction of the cost of canon's own ,have used the older versions without any problems hope this proves just as just as reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Sep 2013
This product is extremely good for the price, looks and performs as good as the canon, but for half the price

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 stops missing somewhere, 19 Aug 2013
Recieved the 586ex today and sees damn good in every way except one: it consistently under exposes by 2 stops. Can find no other mention of other users having this problem, so will assum that mine is a one off fault. May send it back tho, and try a replacement. Can use FEC, but id rather have one that gets it right in the 1st place! Other than that it seems very robust and works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be great value, 13 Aug 2013
Using this in conjunction with Yongnuo YN-622C wireless triggers, seems a great combo. Product feels good quality to me, but have never owned any of the more expensive Canon EX models so hard to compare. Certainly at this price a great beginners piece of kit.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›