5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value for Money!
I was originally going to buy this product direct from Microsoft but then I noticed Amazon sell it cheaper!

Published 16 months ago by Mr. T. Kenning

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work
Wouldn't let me sign up for it and after hours of calling Microsoft they couldn't help me either. Just repeated the same thing which didn't work every time I tried it.
Published 6 months ago by Alex Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value for Money!, 16 Mar 2013
Mr. T. Kenning (Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Office 365 University, Licence Card, 1 User, 2 Computers, 4 Years (PC/Mac) (License)

Even at Microsoft's price (59.99) though this is still a bargain. It gives you all the Office products for 4 years, meaning you'll get the next version for no extra cost if it is released within that time. Office 365 is normally 79.99 per year or 7.99 per month so this is a great offer for students and teachers. The normal version does allow installation on 5 computers though whereas this only allows 2, but this is perfect for me as I can install it on my home desktop and laptop I take to uni.

If you were to buy the standard edition of Microsoft Office 2013, where you just pay once rather than paying for a subscription, it would cost 109.99 excluding Outlook, Publisher and Access or 389.99 if you want those aswell, so this is fantastic value. Please don't buy this if you are not a student or teacher though, as you do have to prove your eligibility by logging into your institution website, instructions are provided on how to do this.

In terms of the software itself, I like it, it is quite different to the previous version so be prepared for a little bit of a learning curve, but I do think it is a good piece of software overall.

One final point, you will not receive a disk, all that you receive with this is instructions and the product key, you have to download the software online, so don't buy this if you haven't got internet access. Once installed though, you can use it offline but won't receive updates and won't be able to download new design templates. Microsoft must be saving a lot of money by not having to provide disks.

So, overall, great product at a great price, recommended for any student!

Edit: I had originally thought when I wrote this review that you would be able to keep the software after 4 years but would stop receiving updates so would have an old version after that time. I now believe that is not the case and in fact you cannot use the software at all after 4 years. I do still believe though that this is an excellent product and good value for money as a standard subscription would cost a lot more over the same period. To further clarify my point, this is a quote from Microsoft's website - "As the expiration date approaches, you will receive notifications in the Office applications and via email, alerting you to the upcoming expiration. Once your Office 365 subscription expires, the Office software applications enter read-only reduced functionality mode, which means that you can view or print documents, but you will not be able to create new documents or edit existing documents.
To return to full Office functionality, you can purchase a new subscription or one PC another version of Office, from Office.com or any participating retailer. You could also return to using an older version of Office, or use the free Office Web Apps on SkyDrive for basic editing."

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, but beware!, 29 Sep 2013
--- Update 17/01/2014 ---
I just wanted to provide a quick update on the product.
The stability of Office seems to have improved since I've gotten it. During the first couple of months, I had nothing but problems with it, but now, even though there are still the occasional problems with crashing, it has improved dramatically.

The last time I checked my account online, I noticed that microsoft has reduced the amount of mobile activations, which is now 2, instead of 5. However, this isn't really an issue. What IS an issue though is that these mobile apps do NOT work on Android tablets. If you have a tablet, you will not be able to download and use the app, which has been confirmed by Microsoft themselves, who if I recall correctly, said that anyone using a tablet should use the Office Web Apps. I think these were responses microsoft made on google play store reviews that brought this up, although I can't say for sure...

I guessing that based on some of the recent reviews, e-mail activation is now working as normal. Of course, I can't confirm it, but either way, I would personally recommend using an NUS extra card for activation, although if you don't have one, it may be a better idea to try email first, and THEN NUS/ISIC if that fails.

--- Original ---
For the price that this is currently being offered at, this is a steal. The Office 365 University suite not only offers more applications than the basic Home & Student Office suite, but is also a hell of a lot cheaper than getting Office 365 Home & Student.

One of my biggest issues with Office is the bugs that it seems to have. Now I've only used Word 2013 once so far, but while I was trying to edit a document, Word refused to let me move an object at one point, and it kept creating lines across the page when moving an object. The boxes that appeared around the objects also sort of stuck to the screen, unless you went over it with another object. Now I don't know if this is just an issue with my laptop or if it's a common issue with Office, but it seems like the bugs are worse than in the last version of Office (2010).

Anyway, away from the negatives, you'll get access to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Publisher with the suite. You'll also get Outlook and OneNote, but OneNote is available for free on the Windows 8 store anyway, and you probably will never use Outlook. The suite only works for 4 years unless you are able to re-subscribe, since this is specifically for College and University students. You can use Office on up to 2 computers, and what amazon didn't mention is that you can also use a mobile version of Office on up to 5 mobile devices (iPhone, Android and Windows Phone). You'll also get extra storage on SkyDrive, and will also get 60 free World Minutes per month to use on Skype (which can be used to call UK landlines).

Now a MASSIVE WARNING about the verification system. When you verify, you will either be asked for a Product Key which you have obtained from a administrator at your College/University, an ISIC number (which can also be your NUS extra card number), or your University email address. Of course, since email is easiest, I attempted to use that.
It seems that .ac.uk email addresses (so email addresses provided by UK universities) are not recognised by Microsoft (my Aber email wasn't recognised at all, and when it decided to say it was, they never sent me a verification email), so you may have to purchase an NUS extra card with ISIC in order to activate Office.

Overall, provided that you are able to activate it, this is really great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 10 Oct 2013
This is so useful as most microsoft packages don't included Microsoft Access unless you splash out on Office for 300 odd quid. Very simple to register student ID .
A must buy for students!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 25 Jan 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars When it works, its amazing., 27 Dec 2013
Firstly, the student discount on this is outstanding and you get more than enough for your money ( I only wanted word and PowerPoint).

The main problem is the installation. As with many others, the installation of this is often tricky, with multiple reasons why it fails. It took around 3 days for myself to install the software, after multiple failed attempts. A LOT of research is needed, so it helps to be tech savvy, however the customer service you get from buying this product, will certainly help.

Apart from the above, this product is amazing. Word is no longer a pain, powerpoint is beautiful and OneNote is a hidden gem, that saves SOOOOOOO much hassle. Combined with Skydrive, it is the ultimate product for university life.

SO, if you can install it, go ahead!

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Office 365, 8 April 2013
Most people must be aware of Microsoft software products and if you are at school or university this is a great way of buying the latest software at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price!, 5 Sep 2013
After looking around for various office products I couldn't believe how cheap this was in comparison - I was sure there would be a catch. The application downloaded incredibly quickly and works faultlessly. Well worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's the most painful software I've ever had, 23 May 2013
Seriously! It has given me too much trouble to install it! Spending a lot of time on line with the team support of Microsoft!!! REALLY DISAPPOINTED!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, 7 Feb 2014
Works perfectly gives you the product key straight away. When I contacted for help on installation through amazon the response was amazing. But they wasn't able to help they referred me to Microsoft. Eventually I got it up and running.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous so far - took minutes to install & use on my Mac., 5 Dec 2013
So far so good. I am using Word now - whereas less than an hour ago I was debating whether to buy Pages or not!

Fantastic value for students.

The purchase, download (have to download first on Mac, not on PC/ just install), then Mac install took me less than 15 minutes.

Student verification via Microsoft uni email was immediate. An emai then activates the software & you're up & running.

I have opened a few documents - Word no problem, Pages opens with Preview/ but I had been exporting all of my work to Word anyway & saving on the uni cloud - so it's just a matter of clearing through everything - but I foresee no problems.

BEST DECISION - with the student discount, and 4 years of this software, monthly Skype allowance etc.. it's win-win. No more incompatibility issues with my uni work.. which is crucial as I have 2 presentations coming up that would be drama working on in Keynote & then transferring to Powerpoint. Each time was a stress as formatting would be disrupted.

VERY HAPPY.