4.0 out of 5 stars Shouldn't be afraid of Subscription Model
On the Microsoft site it states that the yearly cost is £79.99 and the monthly price is £7.99 - so you get two free months if you buy a yearly subscription.

This is not for everyone but if you have several PC's (up to 5) and use several Microsoft packages then this is a good deal.
You get Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook, One Note, Publisher for...
Published on 29 Jan. 2013 by cactushead

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Office 2010
Purchased to get over various interface problems caused by having different levels of Office on the same machine, the concept is fine and a cheap way to get up-to-date software on multiple home machines.

BUT - Microsoft have gone backwards on the user interface - the new 'clean' look is accompanied by three colour schemes white, grey (which is not quite white)...
Published 14 months ago by OldBloke

‹ Previous | 1 2 335 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Lot for your money, 29 July 2014
Emteq "Emteq" (Down where the drunkards roll) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Microsoft Office 365 Home, Licence Card, 5 Users, 1 year subscription (PC/Mac) (License)
I thought this is reasonable VfM at a bit over £1/week, as it enabled the MS Office apps on my Ipad/iPhone, Office 2013 on PCs and 1000Gb of space on OneDrive. Not so bothered about the Skype call-out minutes.

Just be aware this will NOT install on Vista, so I had to keep on old machine on Office 2010 until I upgrade the OS.

One thing I did notice, I have my web-browers running adblock and other tools to prevent malware in javascript. The Microsoft web-site to register the key was silently broken by this and only worked when I 'white listed' the URL.

1.0 out of 5 stars Activation problem, 15 Mar. 2014
Turning into a nightmare. Product key is not sent via microsoft but is lodged in the "Amazon Games and Software downloads" area. Fine, but then the product key doesnt work and have to go to Microsoft support. The Microsoft support site is a maze. I know exactly what my problem is but I have to go through their "suggestions" .. very painful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unlimited cloud storage with Office as a bonus!!, 21 Nov. 2014
Steven R Kemp (UK) - See all my reviews
I've debated going over to a subscription service for some time as opposed to buying the office package outright. What finally swayed it for me was the offer of 1Tb storage for each of (up to) 5 users. Also Microsoft have recently announced that OneDrive storage for Office 365 users will be unlimited. Ideal for backing up all my photographs.

The download and installation of the Office suite was simple and painless and only took a few minutes. As with the standalone office package you have all the regular components. It is also very easy to deactivate an installation and move it to another machine should you wish to.

You also get 60 Skype minutes per month (but I haven't used that as yet).

Microsoft offer this for about £80 per year but I found Amazon cheaper at just over £60 per year. For me this is good value for the unlimited storage and the Office software is a bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Price Around, 9 April 2014
Shopped around for this and it's the best price on the market. Some are competitively priced but only last for six months, so read the small print. This one is a year. Easy to register and up and running in no time.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice little functional touches here and there but the white and greys are hard on the eyes, 3 Mar. 2013
I decided to upgrade from office 2010 on my laptop only since I was concerned office 2013 was semi-intended for tablets and therefore might look rather harsh on the eye on a big screen desktop.

Indeed the colour scheme is minimalistic with all embellishments removed i.e. the subtle gradient borders which add depth and a sense of 3d that a real object might have. By contrast the appearance of office 2013 is completely flat with just plain lines for borders.
Unfortunately in my full retail version there are only 3 colour schemes - white, grey and darker grey. Very bizarre. With white one tends to feel snowblindness developing and lets face it gray is not very sexy or slinky. Neither is it relaxing since most of the screen is still fairly bright light gray or white. I personally really liked the blue scheme of office 2010 which I found deliciously relaxing.

I am sincerely hoping an update with more colours will be released. Had I known beforehand i might have waited for this.

The menus themselves are pretty much identical to 2010 with the now familiar ribbon which is light years better than the dreadful drop down menus of years gone by.

What i have particularly noticed and liked are the little functional touches added here and there. A classic example is when using a table in word. I was forever wanting to alter tables, adding extra rows and it was always a pain making numerous mouse clicks or moving the cursor far across the screen which is tedious on my laptop touchpad. Now when the cursor hovers over the table at the top left of any row a little plus sign appears which upon clicking inserts a new blank row. Love it.

Other things improved include outlook which generally seems to get emails faster than before when you had to wait quite an eternity sometimes for it to get them off the server.

I was worried about dropbox integration which is not native unlike skydrive of course. In fact skydrive is actually an amazing deal compared to dropbox since with the purchase of office you get 20gbs on top of your existing skydrive amount which is more than enough. I have about 11,000 documents occupying 11gbs in dropbox which sets me back about £80 a year as one can only buy a minimum of 100gb beyond the 2gb free with dropbox. Sadly for me as i use ubuntu i am sticking with dropbox as it has an identical linux version unlike skydrive. If microsoft supported skydrive on linux i would be over the moon.

Anyway, to add dropbox to the first menu for opening files in e.g. word you have to google for a batch script file someone has kindly written and hey presto dropbox appears.

In terms of the money...as a university student Office University is about £60 for a 4 year license for 2 computers which seems very reasonable to me since it includes all the office suite programs.

Of note when i installed office 2013 it left my existing office 2010 completely untouched and office 2010 still runs normally. The new office did however manage to automatically populate outlook with the same settings as my outlook 2010 though i had to put my exchange password in again.

Overall I would say its a modest improvement in functionality but is in desperate need of different colour schemes and native support rather than fear of the worlds most popular storage software i.e. dropbox.

All i can say is i'm sticking with the new versions and if a decent windows tablet is ever released which matches the ipad's reitina display and compactness then it will be a fine day to use this version of office on it.....or a version for ipad users........please!

PS contrary to what someone has said in the comments below, you only need a university email address to activate office university 365 not the other things she fallaciously mentions.

update 15/3/13

I'm now completely converted to the new office and think it looks rather beautiful though would like more control over the background colours - hopefully an update will come out. But there are many more practical touches especially in excel - often these are based on when your cursor hovers over something like a row little options appear which means you don't have to navigate lots of menus and you can automatically highlight rows based on some parameter of the cell value which is quite useful for quickly picking out certain data.
I also think the layout looks elegant on my 24inch screens.

In the end I phoned Microsoft (rapid response) and cancelled office university because you can only use it on two computers whereas I have 5. Microsoft also won't let you buy more university price licences within a two year period. So in the end I switched to office home premium 365 which although a lot more expensive over 4 years doesn't seem too bad considering I have it installed on 5 computers.

One more thing I like - because I sign into my computer with my Hotmail account when I edit track changes in word it has my name next to the comments whereas before it used to generate a new random name like 'm1', 'm2' every time I edited the track changes on different computers. These kinds of small touches actually turn out to be quite valuable and I wouldn't like to go back to 2010 good though it was. People might say there was a way of doing this in the previous version but now it just happens without having to set anything up manually.

Also I've tried the streaming on other computers and if the internet connection is ok, which it mainly is these days, the streaming is very quick and its very usable.

2.0 out of 5 stars Crashes on Windows 7, 21 April 2013
As a software trainer I need all the MS Office apps, and I need to keep up to date, so at the current price this is a fairly good deal for me. Of course no current purchaser knows what the cost will be to renew at the end of the first year, but let's hope that Microsoft don't pull a fast one on us and whack the cost up!

So far I've installed one copy on a Mac, and it's working fine. The installation went smoothly and I'm happy with it.

However, I've also installed it on a Windows 7 PC, and it just crashes after less than 5 minutes. I've tried using both Word and Excel, doing simple things in both, and after a very few minutes of seeming ok it suddenly stops working ("...is not responding"). I open Task Manager and choose the option to sort it out and restart. It restarts after a couple of minutes, and then the same thing happens again. So I've given up for now and am just using it on the Mac.

When I have time I'll try uninstalling it on the PC and starting again, and I'll update my review, but I'm not impressed at the moment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Renewal, 7 April 2014
A. Sweatman (West Mids, England.) - See all my reviews
Much cheaper option for direct renewal of the annual Office subscription. Must remember to shop here again at the end of year two!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy peasy way to add 12 months to existing subscription, 1 Mar. 2014
My subscription was due to expire in a months time so I purchased this and clicked through after purchase, signed into my existing account and it added 12 months to my existing subscription. Saved money on the price I would have had to pay if I had renewed through Microsoft.

1.0 out of 5 stars Download problem - Microsoft Support is rubbish!!!, 23 Feb. 2015
Leonard Henry Topham "Len Topham" (Wokingham, Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Be very careful before you purchase this product. You need a Microsoft Account before you can download it. In theory, this can be done during the download process. In my case, setting up the account failed (the verification email from Microsoft failed). I contacted Microsoft Support, who were entirely unhelpful. They insisted that they needed an activation key, which I did not possess because I had been unable to start the download. They also said they had no record of the download (not surprising, because it had not started!). Without this information they could do nothing! Because it is a download, I cannot get a straightforward refund from Amazon - not entirely unreasonable.

Amazon is currently looking into this for me.

Microsoft strikes again!!!

Obviously, I cannot comment on the product itself, but if Microsoft washes its hands of it before it has even been delivered, what price future support?

5.0 out of 5 stars Download is Very Easy No Brainer Renewal, 25 May 2014
I tried the download option instead of purchasing a Product key card when my Office 365 license came up for renewal.

After clicking on the purchase and confirmation buttons in Amazon I was taken directly to the Microsoft office log on screen.

After entering my Microsoft email and password the site then thought about it for a few moments after which looking down on the Office account page revealed that the renewal date has been incremented by a year.

It really was is as easy as that!

I did NOT have to download Office 365 again
I did NOT have to enter a 25 digit code
I did NOT have to click on the download link sent by Amazon

Writing this review has taken longer than the whole process of renewal.

‹ Previous | 1 2 335 | Next ›

Microsoft Office 365 Home, Licence Card, 5 Users, 1 year subscription (PC/Mac)