4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant romantic read
Book 1 - Love and Skate by Lila Felix
4 stars!!

I adore Lila Felix's style of writing and this one was no exception. It is the cutesy romance that we all love to gush over and so beautifully written. This book is Owen and Nellie's story.

Published on 22 May 2013 by DonnaC

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
I'd been struggling with this from the first meeting of our main characters. I didn't feel the spark between them and nothing exciting happened and still hadn't at the 25% mark and I just couldn't find the will to continue reading it. A DNF.This book just wasn't for me.
Published 18 months ago by Leanne Crabtree

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Love and Skate (Kindle Edition)

2.0 out of 5 stars very dull - i got bored. Didn't finish it. All sweet INSTA-LUST/LOVE stuff. Hero was a pansy, 8 Sept. 2013
WAS REALLY DULL!!!!

The book DRAGS.

INSTA-LUST. The story is that the two lovebirds are pretty much infatuated immediately. ON FIRST SIGHT. That's fine in forbidden romances e.g. Teach-Student romances that involve overwhelming attraction. But in this instance it didn't create the tension, friction and chemistry I usually enjoy in a romance.

The characters are cheesy.

Hero: tall, dark, handsome tattooed type (seems to be the same formula in all teen wooomances - only this one is a sensitive beta rather than an alpha). He reminds me of an EMO type - punk but soft punk, emotional, a quiet thinker - expresses his feelings openly but in a lyrical confession - in fact he reminds me of a Crush I had at school. Black hair, pale skin, tats, and a quiet but deep personality. He's sort of poetic with all his "she's so beautiful like stars" type prose. At times he was a bit too saccharine but I think it worked well with this book. Overall I really liked him.

Heroine - I loved her crazy hair and no-nonsense personality. She's not wild or silly. And she's captain of her skating team. She's vulnerable but not the weepy type or giggly type (eurgh hate them). She's not all STRONG and Butch either. Or crude or loud. She's mature and caring. I liked how the author manifests her feelings without creating any melodramatic soap opera.

Supporting Cast - I don't think supporting cast were good. They were pretty one dimensional ($lutty and playboy type friends).

Overall it's a nice sweet book. I think a younger audience will love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love and skate, 7 May 2013
This review is from: Love and Skate (Kindle Edition)
This is a really good book the story draws you in and keeps you reading till the end well worth the read

1.0 out of 5 stars Love and Skate, 1 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Love and Skate (Kindle Edition)
I don't usually leave reviews, but after purchasing this book following another author's recommendation I was left feeling really disappointed. I thought the storyline was boring and was written with a lack of maturity or flow. Needless to say I gave up after 25%.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 26 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Love and Skate (Kindle Edition)
Love the plot line but would of like more derby action.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant romantic read, 22 May 2013
Book 1 - Love and Skate by Lila Felix
4 stars!!

Nellie is one badass chick, she is the captain of the roller derby team, she changes her hair colour as often as people change their undies, she has tattoos and piercings...you may think rough???? But no, she was adorable..she wasn't emotionally wrecked etc like most books, she was strong and feisty and absolutely hilarious.

Owen was so sweet...I know boys don't like to be called sweet but he really was, he was studying to be a biologist so was very smart, he had a pretty entertaining past but was full of trust and self esteem issues. This has been brought on by an ex-girlfriend and ex-best friend (enough said). One of my favourite lines from the book was when Owen first set his eyes on Nellie in his American Lit Class....

"I had never seen her before and I couldn't for the life of me comprehend why. She was drop dead gorgeous with the most perfect pair of legs not to mention she had hair the colour of a smurf's ass"

I loved the journey that this book took us throughout their relationship, it was a bit of instalove but it was believable, it was by no means plain sailing another thing that it made all the more believable...I adore the Black family. All of Owen's family are extremely close and the brothers I hope are going to keep me entertained with some books of their own. Sylvia, the matriarch of the family is just sooooooooo, oooh you just want to cuddle her...she takes everyone in, makes them feel welcome, feeds them, looks after them is their sounding board...she is just THE BEST MUM in the world...everyone should have one.

Another line that I loved...

"The first time I proposed we were in your bed, the second time in front of my family and this time, it's just me and you again. I hurt you once, broke your heart. I'll spend the rest of my life trying to fix it. Will you marry me, take a chance on me again?"

The epilogue was beautiful, no cliff hangers!! I will say that this is definitely YA, there are no sex scenes...so if it is heat you want, you are reading the wrong book, but if you want to read about a very cute couple finding love and the journey that they take to find it then this is the one for you...beautiful characters, beautifully written, I loved it...can't wait for the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars I award five well deserved stars., 21 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Love and Skate (Kindle Edition)
From the opening line I knew I was going to love this book. And from start to end I was not disappointed at all.

I loved Nellie with her blue hair, for me she is a fab character. I loved her toughness and softer side when it came to Owen. There is just so much I could say about this book and what I loved, but if I did, I think I would just spoil it for others. Lila Felix, loved your book and cannot wait to read more in this series, will be recommending to others. I award five well deserved stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking!, 15 May 2013
This review is from: Love and Skate (Kindle Edition)
This book is one of three and i have to say each book is the story of each brother... and Owen in this made me fall in love with him and i have to admit i sort of had a girl crush of nellie too!

this book had me hooked from the first three pages and didnt put it down until i had finished it! (yes i completely ignored my other half all saturday to read this book, SO WORTH IT).

worth the money and worth the time to read it!

have recommended this series to everyone i know!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 13 Mar. 2015
Nice story

5.0 out of 5 stars Really loved this book!, 2 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Love and Skate (Kindle Edition)
It was a good book, well worth the read! Kept me interested and enjoyed it!
Wish there was more interest and juicy parts where Owen and Nellie are concerned.
All round a good book!