5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!
Published 23 months ago by Greggus

3.0 out of 5 stars Andy Moor or Less
Published 7 months ago by J. Woodford

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 15 Aug 2012
This review is from: Zero Point One (Audio CD)
Andy Moor has been one of my favourite EDM producers and DJ's for years and also being a big fan of is previous artist album collaboration with Leama, Leama & Moor - Common Ground from 2006, it is needless to say I was looking really forward to the release of his debut artist album Zero Point One. And boy it was worth the wait! This album is awesome and features all of the trademarks of Andy Moor's brilliant productions that trance fans will be famililar with - deep, rolling basslines, chopped vocal effects, lush soundscapes and cracking melodies. There is a beautiful mix of sounds, depth and vocals from ambient through to vocal, progressive and dancefloor destroyers. There are far too many good tracks to choose from and no tracks weak enough that they dont belong here - I highly recommend this album whether you have been a big follower of Andy Moor like me or if you are fairly new to the scene and want to hear how proper progressive and trance sounds in the hands of one of the best producers out there. Also if you haven't seen Andy Moor spin live, I suggest you do, the style of this album is very prominent in his live sets too. He doesn't disappoint on that front either!

5.0 out of 5 stars Need MOOR of this :), 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Zero Point One (Audio CD)
Anyone who enjoys the melodic beauty of progressive dance at it's very best need look no further. This is my first Andy Moor album (and it's his debut anyway) although I have been following his music for about two years now.

I love this album for it's variety of just outstanding artists, cleverly woven into each track the lyrics give off an emotional and overwhelming feeling and I feel the album as a whole definitely tells a complete story of where Andy is upto at the moment in his production.

Just listen to all the uplifting vocals and you will be transported to wherever you want to be :)

5 OUT OF 5 no question...

3.0 out of 5 stars Andy Moor or Less, 24 Dec 2013
J. Woodford - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zero Point One (Audio CD)
I was dubious about purchasing this, most artist albums from top DJs never quite live up to the same standards as their best offerings. This then, the debut from long standing pioneer Andy Moor comes at a bitter disappointment. It seems most DJs try too hard to construct a pure 'artist's' album where they concentrate most of their efforts on song writing and lyrics and as a result forget about the stuff that made them so popular in the first place. For example, I deleted 5 of the 18 tracks because of the cheesy-heard-it-all-before-in-the-90s lyrics which I could not bare to listen to and effectively spoiled the whole track for me. This is of course personal taste but what makes Andy Moors music so enjoyable for me is his genius layering of sampled voices not their poignant messages, which he clearly tries so hard to achieve. Another thing I love about his style is bouncy, deep bass lines which are brilliantly shown in tracks like K-Ta and In Your Arms...but thats where it stops which is disappointing. These for me are the best tracks to demonstrate his style and they take up no less than 11.1% of the album (ironic). Having said that, other more surprising highlights include Please Forgive Me, Time Will Tell, and Don't Sound The Alarm which is important to note for it's tasteful use of lyrical content paired with a deliciously dark bass line and break beat. Which brings me on to another criticism: the over use of break beats. There are too many break beats for my liking, probably about 5 tracks (forgot how many exactly) but I only kept 2 on my iPod (Elysian Fields and Don't Sound The Alarm). I don't know if this is Andy Moor's future sound he was trying out or just trying to bring some variety to the table but I know I am a fan and haven't heard many break beat Andy Moor tracks and they only are successful when combined with his other strengths I have mentioned earlier.

So in a nutshell it's more or less what I expected, average artist album from a great DJ. I have yet to pick up a DJ artist album I enjoyed from the trance/house genre and personally I don't think they are a great idea. The best beats from this sort of music come from collaborative efforts in compilations and remixes, when the artists try too hard to come up with a proper artist album they lose their way a little and I'm afraid this is a prime example. 3/5 stars.

Zero Point One