5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed convertible bag, 11 Feb 2013
Karen Traviss - See all my reviews
This review is from: Real Genuine Leather Shoulder Bag / Backpack / Messenger Bag / Handbag Ladies (Black / Cowhide Leather) (Sports)
I'd been looking for a leather bag in this style for some years to replace a Travelon ripstop fabric version with the same kind of multi-use strap, but I'd given up and was looking for a craftsman to make me a leather replica when I saw this Nucelle version. Unlike most convertible backpacks, where you have to mess around unzipping and unclipping straps to change from shoulder bag to backpack, all you have to do with this one is pull on the straps. It takes a second, and that actually makes quite a difference. You need to unclip the straps to turn it into a cross-body bag, but it's still easier to do that with this design than with any other bag I've tried.

It's also very secure. Some convertible bags don't have zips, just poppers or single fasteners on the top edge of the main compartment, and you really need a better closure than that if you're going to wear a bag on your back (a magnet for pickpockets) or put it in an overhead locker on a plane. This bag has both a top zip and a hidden zipped compartment on the side that rests against your back.

The leather is soft, good quality, and drapes well. The interior is very roomy and sensibly divided, with two internal zipped pockets, one full width. Despite its capacity, it sits close to the body and looks like a handbag, not a bulky piece of camping kit. The sides are cut straight so that the main opening is also the full width of the bag-- you can get quite wide notebooks in there without a struggle. My only gripe is that the external pocket on the front only has a magnetic closure that flips open too easily for my taste, but it's a minor point and if it gets on my nerves, the construction is simple enough for me to have a different fastener put on.

Overall, it's very well designed, the strap system works well, and it's good value. I'm now tempted to get the red one as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars I searched for ages for this design, 21 May 2013
I searched for ages for this design having had one in faux leather that wore out. I was at the point of going to a saddlers to get one made when I spotted this one. Converts from a stylish over the shoulder bag to a safe rucksack/backback just by taking hold of the straps at a different point; no unclipping and re-clipping of straps. Superb quality leather means that this is not a specially light bag but it is a spacious 'go anywhere' bag that will last you for years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Would buy another, 17 May 2014
Bought to replace a similar bag that had worn out. What I like is the ease of swapping the strap from 'over shoulder' to back pack, plus it has a lot of room - big enough to comfortably fit a tablet device, keys, purse, cards etc etc.
With the zippable internal pockets and the way the outer zip can be concealed when in the back pack arrangement, overall I feel my items are secure in it - the little pocket at the front is a possible exception but I keep bits like pens in there.
I've had it now for about 8 months and one of the tabs on the zips fell off somewhere, but I've adapted something to replace this. Part of the lining started to unstitch but again this was easy to repair.
The leather is soft but is wearing well. When the day comes that this one has worn out after what I anticipate to be years of use, I would buy another of these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Leather shoulder bag.backpack/handbag - Black cowhide, 13 Nov 2013
C. Baker "carouk" (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
Received much sooner than the predicted 5th December. A nice, roomy, soft bag which is very versatile; zipped inner pockets, adjustable straps. It is softer than expected but not a problem and I am pleased with it. Good service from this supplier.