Style Name: Carpet Cleaner Only|Change

on 5 October 2013
It did exactly as promised. Well packaged, easy to assemble and use. Filling and emptying the containers straight forward. The carpets came up looking great.
on 26 May 2015
I've got a steam cleaner for hard floors and a dyson for (which I love) for the carpet. But with 2 teenagers, dogs and cat... The carpet was dirty. I've had it 'professionally' cleaned in the past and been happy with the results, but this is costly. So after much research, I when with this machine. It arrived at 3pm today and by 5pm I had put it together (very easy once I'd found the screwdriver) and cleaned the rug and bedroom and hall/landing carpet. I am delighted with the results. The carpet is clean, smells fresh, looks great and it was easy. I had to refill the tank 4 times but that is so easy to do. The is damp, and will take a few hours to dry, like a professional clean. The machine is quite noisy, but it's not ear splitting. I am very impressed and will recommend to friends and family (I may even let them borrow it..... Maybe)
on 11 December 2012
Easy to use and revived my carpets, very pleased with the results, would definetly recommend this carpet washer
Very easy to use a bit on the heavy side but well worth the sacrifice
on 7 April 2014
I am so pleased with this purchase! After a lot of research I took the plunge and finally purchased this model. Having used vax cleaners before I was a little dubious about non industrial carpet cleaners, however with two dogs in the house and 10 year old carpets my worries have been proved to be unfounded! My carpets now look, feel and smell so much better! Although a little heavy it is certainly worth it for the extra features like the lift of cleaner, which with a little elbow grease works just as well as the main unit. Highly recommend the bissell above any carpet cleaner I have used!
on 26 December 2014
A great cleaner, much better than our old Vax model and getting someone round to do the job for you (which we did not long ago and left our carpets extremely wet and not looking much better!) it could definitely compete with the hire machine we've also used in the past, I think it's a bit of a bargain too considering the level of performance you get from this machine.

We are planning on getting a dog again in the New Year, as well as having three children so we bought this in advance hoping that if we keep on top of the mess we will have a cleaner and fresher home. I have tried it out today in one of the dirtiest and most used parts of our home, the hallway and lounge and the results are very impressive, the carpet looks so much cleaner and the results were definitely apparent in the water collection tub!! If you use the Bissell branded detergent too then I found the smell to be very fresh and pleasant and not at all over powering. You get a small bottle with the machine which doesn't last very long, maybe about 4 top-ups of the machine, so when buying I would also invest in some extra detergent too.

I really like the hose feature on this machine too which allows you to clean areas of carpet that you might miss with the main unit as well as the stairs and also upholstery (which will also be great for our material sofa), I wasn't anticipating the strength of the cleaning and suction with the hose tool at all, it's great and did s really good job of the edges and a stair that I did too, although I will echo some of the other reviews when they say about hose length and reaching the top stairs, I think this may be a problem for me also and would say that a longer hose would have been a good added feature.

I have marked it down one star, being a bit picky, but I am not too keen on the bucket/ bladder feature of the machine, because the cap doesn't fit well on the bladder which houses the clean water when you try to tip out the dirty water that tips out as well, so if you only wanted to do a small area of carpet you would either have to use a small amount of water in the unit to start off with, or if you didn't want to tip away clean water with your detergent you would have to keep dirty water in your machine. Call me finiky but I really don't like wasting the detergent! That's the only minor point and even that isn't a big deal at all and certainly wouldn't put me off buying again! A great machine which does the job it sets out to do really well! A great investment that easily competes with other carpet cleaning options.
on 15 April 2014
Previsou Bissell stopped working so I replaced it with this model. Works well. Already paid for itself. The lift off fucntion is excellent. The build quality is fine. The effectiveness of cleaning is extremely good. I would recommend this product. The last one stopped spraying due to the heater plate clogging up. Since discovered it's a good idea to flush clean water through the system to rinse out the cleaning fluid - though I'm not sure if this model has a heater but clearly removing chemical from the machine for storage can't be a bad thing.
on 16 June 2013
An easy to use machine that cleans well. I'm not convinced that it is as good as the old Pro Heat I used to have for general carpet cleaning, primarily because it does not allow the pre-treatment without suction. However, where this cleaner does score well is with the lift-off unit. This is fantastic for difficult corners etc. Generally easy to clean afterwards
on 25 August 2013
I got this Bissell, after the my old one died, it really is a great machine, and cleans the carpets to a new like finish, the only down side for me is can’t pre-treat the areas as I did with the old machine, and I live in a soft water area so I would us a LOT less cleaning solution, about a quarter of what the manufacture recommends, so trial and error till you find the correct amount of cleaning solution.

A great machine with a 5 year warrantee
on 5 February 2015
This machine appears to be well built, hand tools work well with lift off section, main unit cleans well and leaves carpets relatively dry, just keep going over cleaned area with no more fluid being sprayed. Would suggest pre clean sprays for really stubborn stains. Only downside to this machine is the clean water tank is small, be prepared to walk to and from the kitchen/bathroom often, it uses a lot of water/mixture, but it give you the results.
on 17 July 2014
Amazing machine - makes life easy to clean carpets. Most of our house is carpeted and we have noticed it does take a lot of filling up and emptying - would be nice to have a light that indicates when empty or full instead of checking. Had bought this to replace the original bissell spot bot cleaner which stopped working. The original spot bot was brilliant given the fact we have a puppy who has little accidents and you were able to leave machine on the desired spot - press one button and walk away knowing that it would be clean within a few mins - you didn't have to get on your hands and knees and scrub the floor. This would be the only additional feature i wish the bissell 22k7e cleanview lift off carpet cleaner had. Aside from this the only other negatives of this feature is that it is on the heavier side and we have found that where it beats the carpets you are left with fuzzballs from the carpet.