on 30 November 2012
My house is full of G4 bulbs and must be costing me a fortune to run. I bought one of these to test and it worked well in my dining room lamp cluster - in fact I have bought 6 more to complete the set. The light is quite cool (for warm) but it suits me well and I agree the brightness is nearer 15w but again I am happy with that. The postage for 6 bulbs cost the same as a single bulb so worth buying in bulk. Now I need to save up to replace the hallway light which has 20 of these bulbs!
on 10 September 2013
I put 4 of these in my kitchen ceiling fixture and they are working great. I also tested them in the fixture over the dining room table and they worked well there, even dimming really nicely, but we won't use them there because of the light color. The light color is my only gripe about this product, it's sold as warm white, and I even expected them to have taken a bit of a liberty with that description, but compared to the halogen bulbs they are replacing the color isn't even close.

I also tried a couple in some under cupboard type spot lights, but they were flickering badly. I don't fault the bulbs for this though, from what I'm reading I need to upgrade the power supply for these, then I should be fine. I saw absolutely none of this issue with the bulbs in the ceiling fixture.

At the end of the day I'm happy with them in my kitchen, taking me from 90w to 9w, but I don't think I'll be rushing to put LEDs in the dining room until they can do a little better on the color.
on 21 November 2012
This light gets 4 out of 5 stars because the price is good and the product is quite good. I've got 3 types of G4 fittings in the house, some 20W under cabinet fittings in kitchen, 6x10W hanging pendants in lounge and 6x20W hanging pendant in dining room.

These LED lights worked in living room and dining room but not in kitchen. The description of this light states that some transformers have a minimum wattage that needs to be drawn so I expect that was the problem in kitchen - the transformed is expecting to drive a 20W bulb but is unhappy about driving only 1.5W.

If this is the reason (I've got an electrical eng background and it seems reasonable) then no 1.5W bulb is going to work in my kitchen under cabinet lights.

The bulbs are a tiny bit larger than normal G4 but I think you'd be unlucky if they didn't fit. The LEDs are surrounded by a hard gel/rubber and give off a light that is slightly cooler than a normal incandescent bulb. In both living room and dining room I have a few older incadenscent lights mixed in with the LEDs and you can see a bit of a difference in colour.

One warning is that they do not give out equivalent to 20W of light. I'd say more like 12 to 15W. They are a little brighter than the 10W I have but noticeably less bright than the 20W bulbs.

I've bought quite a few different types of GU10 LEDs over the last few years but this is my first G4 purchase. I don't need the full 20W of light so I'm happy with the purchase.

The bulbs have only been in a day. I'll update this review if they fail early.
on 3 October 2013
Bought 15 of these bulbs for replacing the standard bulbs on my boat. The colour is better than alot of other LED bulbs out there which can cause rooms to look a bit clinical in bright white. They have been in a few months now and all are performing well, have got the odd flicker out of one of them but overall they are perfect.
on 23 May 2013
After trying different bulbs these work and look the best.

Have changed bulbs (all 20w) on lounge chandalier (10 bulbs),two dining room lights (6 bulbs) and hob lights (4 bulbs).
Was going to return bulbs as the transformers in the lights wouldn't work with these bulbs. After contacting for returns information was given the information but was also advised to try led transformers in my lights. After changing the transformers the lights are perfect.

Have now changed lounge from 200w of halogens to 15w of leds.
Dining room from 120w of halgens to 9w of leds and hob from 80w of halogens to 6w of leds.
So I've changed 400w of halogens to 30w of leds.

I have two more side lights in the lounge that Im going to try these bulbs with an led dimmable transformer.

Will update once I've tried.
on 10 September 2014
After using these for many months I can say that they are junk. They flicker randomly to the point of annoying the hell out me. Swapped for Phillips branded which work properly.
on 15 September 2013
Quite literally brilliant, replaced a 20Watt halogen bulb in the outside light on the caravan, this bulb has a brighter, better light for a lot less battery usage.
on 29 September 2013
Iv just moved in a new build home and ALL the bulbs are regular not low energy, so I am swapping out. These were for a Argos standard light fitment. Read carefully the product info. You DO NEED the correct transformer to get these to work. Ive ordered mine, so still pending. The seller gave me great advise, so they get 5*. My review is all about understanding the power levels and what you need to get what you want to work. Update; transformer arrived, and works well these bulbs are great.
on 24 December 2013
A little on the cool white side of warm but good strong light output, they replaced three 10W G4 under cupboard lights that would always give problems of disconnecting due to the heat they produce or just blowing repeatedly. LEDS are cool to touch so avoids this problem. Good supplyer to 1 = very happy with my purchase.
VINE VOICEon 13 February 2013
When my wife decided to blitz our kitchen some years ago she must have conspired with the electrician: for overnight the single pendant light we had was replaced by no fewer than 14 GU10 spotlights at 50w each and 15 under cabinet lights which were G4 at 20w each. It took me some time to find acceptable replacements for the GU10 and at my first attempt she told me that the kitchen looked like the surface of the moon with an eery blue/white glow but not much light! Since then, however, LED lighting has got better and better. I replaced two of the G4 with these bulbs, they are not quite as bright as the 20w they replace, but by comparison our meter has stopped spinning like a small planet and now performs slow, delightful turns. Please note I replaced the solid state transformer with an LED driver as a previous attempt just to replace the bulb caused the new lamps, of a different design, to 'fry' which set my attempts back by 12 months. Bulb size is slightly larger ( especially longer ) than the glass G4; but they fit nicely, run warm, but not hot, and most crucially give an acceptable bright-white light- that I think looks better than the slightly yellow ( or 'warm' if you prefer ) light of the halogens. I am sure my wife will continue to exhort - More Light ! when she is in there, but certainly for now these are THE light.

See one answered question