TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 September 2015
I bought these shoes along with a genuine pair of Converse to compare closely, I hope my findings can be of use to you!

Can't be bothered reading? To sum up: very slightly different in a few different ways (type of thread used for stitching etc) but at the end of the day A really similar looking shoe with a surprisingly thick insole/sole. Worth the cheap price, but make sure you size up. (In the photos these shoes are always above, Converse below.)

First of all, although allegedly the same size as the genuine Converse (in my case a size 8, which is printed inside the shoe) these shoes are way shorter. When held sole-to-sole they are 2-3cm shorter than the genuine Converse, so I'd recommend sizing up at least once!) Unfortunately due to the fact that they are simply far too small for me, I cannot honestly comment on the fit, but I will say that they do look to be a similar shape - very slightly wider at the narrowest point, and very slightly slimmer at the widest point.

The soles of these shoes are very similar in appearance to the Converse, but have a slightly more plasticky feel to them. Together, the insole/sole of these shoes, if anything, feels to be thicker than that of the Converse, and the insole itself is also softer, more gel-like. At first glance this would seem to be a positive, but after some thought I wonder if the insole would become more uncomfortable with time - the sole is soft but when you press hard you can feel a definitely point in which there is a 'stop' whereas with the Converse it's slightly harder to press down, but the stop is more gradual. I'd say if you were planning to pound the pavements in these badboys it would take its toll, but honestly I'm impressed with the soles and insoles, they appear to be much sturdier and higher quality than I was expecting.

The canvas of the shoes is almost identical to look at, especially so once they're on your feet. The canvas is slightly thicker than that on the Converse, more hardwearing I'm sure, but not so good if you're going for that beachy 'lived-in' look, I don't think they'll soften like the real-deal. the stitching, again from afar would not be noticeably different but since we're comparing them I'll go into that much (ridiculous) detail - the thread used on these is definitely thinner, and looks cheaper (it doesn't have the slight sheen of the Converse thread). The stitches themselves are also longer and uniform, whereas on the Converse the stitch length seems to vary depending on where is is - for example the stitches round the ankle are shorter.

And since we're nitpicking the eyelets on these are a bit shiny, whereas on the Converse they are matte. Unlike the Converse these shoes don't arrive pre-laced, and the laces feel/look very slightly cheaper but laces are laces and they're actually a better length than the ridiculously long ones that come with the Converse.

My only other observation is that although these shoes are smaller than the Converse, the rubber toe extends further and is slightly squint, which is not quite as appealing to the eye.

At the end of the day any knock-off is going to have a few corners-cut, but I am honestly really surprised with the quality of the shoes before me. Yes you lose the 'Converse' tag, and the slightly shiny stitching, but you also lose the price-tag that goes with that. I'd recommend for anyone looking for a Converse-like plimsole without wanting to pay the price.

Please note in all my photos this shoe is above, and the Converse is below.
review image review image review image review image
on 10 May 2013
Look similar to converse but are obviously a lot cheaper so that's a plus! I would say they are true to size and if ordering 'off white' they are not as white as on the picture but are still nice!
on 8 May 2013
I bought these as I wanted some Converse trainers but didn't want to pay the Converse price tag! These are great, I bought the navy version and I am really pleased. They are well made, the colour is nice and extremely comfy to wear, I have worn them constantly since I bought them a couple of weeks ago. I wear a 5 1/2 so ordered a size 6 and I would say they fit perfectly, I have quite wide feet but these are really comfortable. THREE people have even asked where I got my 'Converse' trainers from! :)
on 16 January 2016
I bought these shoes in July 2015.
6 months later they still look ad good as new (when I cleaned them in the washing machine)
Have lasted so long and look a lot like converse. Will definitely buy again when my other shoes are ripped to pieces.
on 18 March 2016
I'm normally size 6 1/2 shoe but size 6 in trainers and Converse. After reading the reviews that these shoes were on the small size I ordered a size 7. They arrived and look great but are extremely small and fit more like a very small 6. I can't comment on the quality as I'm not going to be able to wear them. I contacted the seller and asked for an exchange for a size 8, hoping that they would not be too big. I was told that they don't do exchanges and I have to send them back and reorder. I have tried to do this and no size 8 available. Disappointing.
UPDATE - a few days later, size 8 were available so ordered a pair. They are a different colour and shape to the first pair, which were actually cream not white. I prefer the white and they fit perfectly, as a 6 1/2 would normally fit me. They look good and are very comfortable. I wear little 'invisible ' socks with them. I would never normally order a size 8 shoe. They need to sort out their sizing as I had to pay to send the first pair back and haven't had a refund yet!
on 23 May 2013
these plimsoles are very comfortable , very goog value for money , however they are def not very wide if ur feet r on the wide side .
on 9 November 2012
These shoes are fantastic. Cheap, but look just like actual converses. Also great quality. Definitely would recommend these shoes. For the price of one pair of converses you can buy 3 of these.
on 9 April 2016
Received my shoes today! Picture is tad misleading as it makes them appear very white and smaller/thinner than they actually are I brought these as I wanted something similar to converse as I've gone through a fair few pairs and of course there expensive! To be completely honest these are no different to the ones sold at my local primark for £6.99 also they turned up in a squashed box and the left on has warehouse oil/dirt on the back and what looks like glue all on the bottom of the shoe! And you can see yellow glue on the top near the tongue of the shoe so I personally wouldn't buy again but I can't fault delivery it was very quick but I did pay £1.00 for it!
on 9 December 2014
I ordered white trainers with red and black stripes, got off-whites with two black stripes. Very dull pair of footwear. Won't bother exchanging them though, as they fit OK. It just would have been nice to get what I ordered.
on 26 December 2012
Ordered as a cheap pair of trainers. My daughter having just come back from china was surprised at the quality,and said better than the imitation she had purchased there.