on 2 November 2012
I bought this as soon as I heard it was out on Twitter. I watch all of Andy's shows on Food Network and have been waiting for a book for aaaaaages. I'm an Italian guy with a love of British food - especially pies. I've tried making Andy's recipe for Chocolate Tart which was a huge hit with my wife and kids. Im looking forward to trying tasting more recipes from the book.
on 2 November 2012
Some great baking recipes and a mix of British and American ideas. Nice photos too. Would be a nice Christmas gift.
on 31 August 2014
but too complicated for its own good. I find myself reading the recipes and spotting easier ways of doing it as I go. Also, the light hearted way he throws difficult to acquire ingredients into the mix, as though the average domestic cook can just wander into Sainsburys or Morrisons and pick them off the shelves. He is a television cook with access to all sorts of obscure goodies. I live in London but I find it difficult to get hold of some of his ingredients. He needs to get out of the professional kitchen and think like a real person, with limited time, money, and shopping facilities.
on 4 November 2013
The book requires you to constantly swipe to read small parts of the text at a reasonable size font. Will not zoom. Makes it too difficult to follow a recipe so gave up without trying any of them. A complete waste of money.
11 comment9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 August 2014
great book, i actually downloaded onto the kindle first and that was disappointing as it did not function properly. However, the book itself is a nugget in the kitchen. The food is second to none and is a trail blazer in the up and coming even fashionable current street food industry.This is a must for good and filling food, yet still beautiful to look at with tastes and sensations that would cost a fortune in some establishments but are most certainly there equal.
on 10 November 2013
I love watching Andy Bates on TV, his recipes bring intriguing twists to familiar foods. However the formatting on this kindle ebook is the worst I have ever seen. Completely unusable and returned for refund. I'd recommend the original books version of this title over the ebook version.
11 comment6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 May 2013
This book has not been adapted for Kindle use and it practically unreadable - useless in the kitchen, waste of money.
on 14 December 2013
There are some really nice twists on classic dishes in this book. The instructions are clear, the dishes are uncomplicated and would be easy for an inexperienced cook in the kitchen. For the more experienced cooks, the recipes are a breeze. The book also contains brilliant pictures to accompany the dishes, which I feel are essential in all cook books.

I purchased this book for my Kindle at a reduced price (when it was first put on the market), and I
think it's an absolute bargain.

Thoroughly recommended.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2012
I bought this book having seen Andy Bates' show on the Food Network and having been to his market stall in Whitecross Street and tried his food first hand. I have to say that this book has not dissapointed. It is full of a range of recipes for all occasions that are easy to follow, accompanied by great anecdotes from Andy about his career and the story behind the recipes. There is something for everyone here and you are bound to find recipes you can follow whether you are a novice chef or more experienced in the kitchen.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 January 2014
Like his TV shows this book is a must for all new chefs as he directs you just right. Bradders.