on 3 January 2013
Amazon.co.uk list this book as having a page count of 73 pages, I'm not a fast reader but I read through it all in one short sitting. Not enough information or depth was given to each topic and the whole eBook feels too superficial to cover all the main features so I had to refer elsewhere.
on 13 January 2013
This guide was useless. It was very amateurish with several spelling errors. It was geared for the American market and the instructions given to download alternative search engines simply didn't work! I'm sorry I bothered to buy this guide it was of no use whatsoever.
on 14 January 2013
I borrowed this via Amazon Prime- thank goodness I saved my 1.93! I had mastered the basics of the Kindle Fire HD but wanted to back-up and increase my knowledge. This is very US focussed and unhelpful for UK users. Some advice and guidance is simply incorrect. Lots of detail about basic stuff but then perfunctory about moderately advanced topics, and misses some completely. Some very poorly written English.
on 7 December 2012
I purchased this believing it would deal with the new kindle fire hd even though written for the us market. How wrong I was - it was written for the previous model and almost all the instructions are incorrect. Don't buy it![[ASIN:B008RV6V3E Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 32 GB]
on 19 January 2013
I love reading (I'm aged) and the kindle is so light to hold.
You can download thousands of books at the press of a button.
I find the Kindle Fire exciting - to learn it's possibilities - games etc.
The colour is vivid and encourages the idea of film watching
It is a little soon for my complete thoughts as the only downside I have found is that I have had to send for a book to understand how to use my Kindle properley.
on 16 January 2013
I think this book has sections that are appropriate for the US kindle only.
some suggested apps are not available to the U K version.
The book inadvertently shows how inflexible the UK kindle is at the moment.
on 28 January 2013
Two years ago, I was delighted when my wife bought me a Kindle for Xmas and it was never far from my side.

This Xmas, my wife thought she was doing me a favour by presenting me with a Kindle Fire, which, had I had previous experience of it, I would not have let her.

The majority of the applications will not be used by me and I find the lack of 3G particularly annoying as I find the only benefit of the current wireless connection is to save booting up my Desktop or Laptop or being in a location which provides free wi-fi.

I also find the promotion of Amazon and their Partners very annoying when, if I wish to avail myself of the applications offeredI must pay yet the Fire is used incessently by Amazon as a marketing tool to which I personally have not given permission.

I only wish now that my wife had advised me of her intented "surprise" so that my previous enjoyment of my Kindle was preserved.
on 31 December 2012
This is a very basic guide and does not really answer many questions that a new owner would have to maximise use.
on 7 January 2013
Very basic overview. I was disappointed not to have found answers to how to manage transferring data via blue tooth (couldnt manage to pair my HD with anything)
on 5 March 2013
Cannot comment fully as l have not read it all. However l must say from what l have already read it is a must have buy for all kindle fire hd owners