5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Spa
This is on a footing with the the wonderful "Trollied", I don't have Sky so as with the previously mentioned I purchased the Spa after reading some reviews. The characters are a joy and it is very very funny. Looking forward to series Two
Published 20 months ago by T. Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful series
I can now see why Sky One only commissioned this for one series. The acting is terrible and the series is a bout as funny as an acid enema.

however, Sky's other series are great.
Published 14 months ago by R. Mole

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Spa, 12 Sept. 2013
T. Smith "Our Tone" (UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 4 May 2013
This review is from: The Spa [DVD] (DVD)
This was a nicely crafted series, but its joy was in the performers--many recruited from divine past series like 'Benidorm' and the wonderful 'Smoking Room'--not to mention National Treasure Rebecca Front, who brought the OK scripts to their best. Very good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic comedy, 8 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Spa [DVD] (DVD)
Caught this by accident as it was on Sky while I was channel hopping. I was totally hooked. All the characters are really strong - a laugh a minute!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely sitcom, 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Spa [DVD] (DVD)
very good writing and very good cast. Easy for the whole family to watch, we all loved it. Nice to see a new sitcom without swearwords.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Spa (DVD), 18 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Spa [DVD] (DVD)
I did enjoy this video, a really funny place to be pampered. The characters in this comedy were brilliant. The delivery was very good, no problems at all. I do recommend this video.

5.0 out of 5 stars jimboly, 12 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Spa [DVD] (DVD)
A super first series, full of comedy and lovely characters. You need to watch twice to appreciate, that is the value of a DVD. Excellent and fast delivery too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now THIS is FUNNY, 4 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Spa [DVD] (DVD)
Just finished the 7th and final episode and avidly hoping there's a 2nd series. I can't remember how many times I had to stop the show because I was laughing so much. If you're a fan of Benidorm you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars On par with the early seasons of Benidorm! A very funny new series!, 20 July 2014
Christopher Parr (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Spa [DVD] (DVD)
Just finished watching this on Sky's Now TV, and LOVED IT! Decided I had to have the DVD!

At first I was a bit skeptical, because of it's comparison to the later seasons of Benidorm. I'm a big fan of Benidorm, but I strongly feel that the show has gone down hill since the addition of Kenneth, Liam, and Les/Leslie. When I noticed that some of the same actors were in this series, I was worried that they might end up being equally as stupid and annoying as the characters they portray in series 5 and 6 of Benidorm. I was pleasantly surprised though, and thoroughly enjoyed the shows. Rebecca Front is reason enough to enjoy the series, but the other characters were all superb!

Unfortunately, this DVD does not appear to include the 8th episode Christmas/New Year special. I expect it will be included with the episodes from the next series.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful series, 4 Mar. 2014
R. Mole (SWEDEN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Spa [DVD] (DVD)

however, Sky's other series are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Spa, 29 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Spa [DVD] (DVD)
I think 5 stars is not enough for this comedy. I love Benidorm and when i saw 'The Spa' advertised on television and then here for sale it was a must to have and i was not disappointed. The characters are hilarious especially 1. Davina the therapy practitioner 2. Vron the sadistic fitness instructor and 3. Bolek (which sounds like bollock) The so-called chef. You'd need something for your nerves to either work with these people or to join the spa. To be honest the only one who has any kind of sanity is the manageress Alison. The girl who did Heather in Eastenders is in this comedy she is a customer and i didn't think she'd be funny and surprisingly enough she actually is very very funny. I do have a strange sense of humour and 'The Spa' is just down my street. I hope there'll be a second series.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Spa [DVD]
The Spa [DVD] by Sandy Johnson (DVD - 2013)