Format: DVD|Change

on 12 September 2013
This is on a footing with the the wonderful "Trollied", I don't have Sky so as with the previously mentioned I purchased the Spa after reading some reviews. The characters are a joy and it is very very funny. Looking forward to series Two
on 4 May 2013
This was a nicely crafted series, but its joy was in the performers--many recruited from divine past series like 'Benidorm' and the wonderful 'Smoking Room'--not to mention National Treasure Rebecca Front, who brought the OK scripts to their best. Very good!
on 24 March 2014
Having loved all the "Benidorm" series, I thought that with the same writer and the huge scope that a spa/gym setting would provide for comedy that this DVD would be a winner. How wrong I was! My wife and I watched two episodes and could watch no more. The actors just couldn't bring the script to life or maybe they were miscast or poorly directed? All I know is that I have given the dvd to a friend and said don't give me it back. Hopefully she will still be a friend after watching this!
on 29 March 2013
I think 5 stars is not enough for this comedy. I love Benidorm and when i saw 'The Spa' advertised on television and then here for sale it was a must to have and i was not disappointed. The characters are hilarious especially 1. Davina the therapy practitioner 2. Vron the sadistic fitness instructor and 3. Bolek (which sounds like bollock) The so-called chef. You'd need something for your nerves to either work with these people or to join the spa. To be honest the only one who has any kind of sanity is the manageress Alison. The girl who did Heather in Eastenders is in this comedy she is a customer and i didn't think she'd be funny and surprisingly enough she actually is very very funny. I do have a strange sense of humour and 'The Spa' is just down my street. I hope there'll be a second series.
on 31 March 2013
As we are big Benidorm fans we thought we would give this a try. We are glad we did because it is hilarious with alot of the fantastic characters returning from benidorm. I really hope theres going to be another series! Welldone Derren Litten :) Give it a try.
on 30 March 2013
Being a big Benidorm fan I watched this and i'm so glad I did its brilliant, also loved how some of the actors/actresses from Benidorm kept popping up in it, really hope there is going to be another series. Would definately recommend watching
on 10 April 2014
Such a brilliant, laugh-a-minute DVD, really enjoyed the first two episodes on Sky Living but were unable to see more due to loss of Sky subscription - but so glad I was able to catch up with it. This DVD is a must if you want cheering up - it worked for me!
on 8 November 2013
Caught this by accident as it was on Sky while I was channel hopping. I was totally hooked. All the characters are really strong - a laugh a minute!
on 20 July 2014
Just finished watching this on Sky's Now TV, and LOVED IT! Decided I had to have the DVD!

At first I was a bit skeptical, because of it's comparison to the later seasons of Benidorm. I'm a big fan of Benidorm, but I strongly feel that the show has gone down hill since the addition of Kenneth, Liam, and Les/Leslie. When I noticed that some of the same actors were in this series, I was worried that they might end up being equally as stupid and annoying as the characters they portray in series 5 and 6 of Benidorm. I was pleasantly surprised though, and thoroughly enjoyed the shows. Rebecca Front is reason enough to enjoy the series, but the other characters were all superb!

Unfortunately, this DVD does not appear to include the 8th episode Christmas/New Year special. I expect it will be included with the episodes from the next series.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2014
What can I say? Typical Derren Litten characatures, predictable plot lines, some OTT acting and a complete absence of political correctness, all of which made this an hilarious comedy that made me laugh out loud on more than one occasion. I'd never heard of it before it appearing as a recommendation on Amazon and I'm so glad I bought it. The first episode is a bit naff but stick with it as it just gets better with each episode. This would do really well if shown on ITV. Brilliant!