4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality scanner - slightly light on software
This is a scanner of German origin. It is well made and having installed the CD Rom , it worked flawlessly first time. The high DPI rating gives very good images. Only minor criticism is that the software supplied could be better.
Published 15 months ago by Warsop

1.0 out of 5 stars Decent Scans But Liable to Break - Quickly.
Published 6 months ago by Laurence Marcus

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality scanner - slightly light on software, 4 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Mustek ScanExpress A3 2400S Flatbed Scanner - Black (Office Product)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 18 Dec. 2013
Good scanner! Not the best but it does what I want it to and it was cheap enough to be worth while! Recommended to get the job done.

4.0 out of 5 stars My review on A3 Scanner, 25 Sept. 2013
Lid apt to fall down easy
Difficult to set settings
can't seem to set it to A4 so have to crop every time to save storage space

4.0 out of 5 stars Good budget no thrills scanner., 31 May 2014
Delivered in good time. I use a Mac, (OS X, 10.6.8) it works fine. The driver was easy to install. Decent scan.
It has a European plug attached and comes with a UK converter, this sticks out from the wall a bit and is my only small problem with the scanner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 4 Sept. 2014
I use windows 8 and have found this both easy to install and use. All you need to do is put the disk in and install then restart your pc and then start using your scanner. Very simple and the software itself could be better but its basic and gets the job done.

1.0 out of 5 stars Decent Scans But Liable to Break - Quickly., 25 Aug. 2014
The first thing I noticed after a very easy Setup was the scanning carriage is very noisy, like it's being pulled along on an old rusty chain. However, fairly decent scans were achieved after tinkling with the settings and I was happy with the results. Unfortunately, that noisy chain was a portent of doom and after a few weeks and less than 100 scans the carriage refused to return to its starting position, rendering the scanner completely useless. Disconnecting it or re-installing the software didn't solve the problem which was a hardware issue. There's no reset button, so I checked online for a solution only to discover that this appears to be a common fault with this particular model and would have needed a return to manufacturer for repair. I was not prepared to do this for something which was still brand new. Great shame because affordable A3 scanners are hard to come by. Amazon dealt with the return and refund super-efficiently, taking some of the woe out of my huge disappointment. In the long run I suppose you get what you pay for. It means I'm going to have to pay a lot more if I want something reliable, but it's better than having a big chunk of plastic sitting on my desk that does nothing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Job well done, 8 Oct. 2014
I bought one of these to scan some old photo albums from the 1940's. The results were superb we kept the pictures in their mounts to minimise damage but the end result was way beyond the quality that we had anticipated. I am not a techno but I took the scanner out of the box and it did the job. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars I will happily update the review if and when I get it ..., 12 Nov. 2014
Photoman (North Scotland) - See all my reviews
I have been unable to successfully load either the drivers supplied on disc or the the latest version downloaded from the Mustek website. The interface runs but the scanner is not recognised. I have tried and failed to load the machine onto both a well tried and proven stable XP machine and a bang up to date office standard machine running Windows 7 Pro. So at the moment it is a pile of junk. I will happily update the review if and when I get it operational, assuming it doesn't head back in a box to Amazon......

4.0 out of 5 stars replacement is fine, it all works from the software and does ..., 10 Feb. 2015
First one that arrived didn't work; replacement is fine, it all works from the software and does so very well. The only criticism is that it's difficult to use it as a 'photocopier' for duplicating paperwork. (I could still use my A4 canon for that and probably will when I find somewhere for it to sit.) Quality from the Mustek is excellent and it's certainly the fastest scanner I have ever used.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money or time, 8 Nov. 2014
Awful. Don't waste your money or time. I purchased this and it failed to power up. It was as dead as the proverbial DoDo.
Also the software said "Install Mac OS X 10.6 or later." I have OS X 10.10!!!!!!!!
Thought it was a duff machine so I exchanged it for another. Guess what same results. Don't waste your money or time. I went for another machine from elsewhere.