4.0 out of 5 stars Not as effective as the standard Aeropress filters but a good product nonetheless
Bought this to save myself some paper filters for the aeropress. Read the description that stated it gives purer coffee (since paper filters soak up some of the oils etc) and that clinched it for me.

However upon trying to screw in the aeropress base once placing the filter, you really have to press down hard as the edges of the Kaffeologie appear to be too...
Published 15 months ago by MNK

2.0 out of 5 stars Diminishes the Aeropress
If Aeropress had designed their product with this filter from the start it would not have been the success it is. I love my Aeropress because it is so easy and quick to use, easy to clean and makes the smoothest and best coffee. I bought a metal filter because I take the Aeropress to work with me and I thought it would be easier to transport than taking the filter papers...
Published 10 months ago by Woody_uk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 49 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Lets a lot of gunk through into the coffee, 8 Sept. 2013
Paul Richard Keeble "Professional Software De... (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: S Filter for AeroPress - Ultra Fine Stainless Steel Coffee Filter (Kitchen & Home)
This filter lets a lot of particles through into the coffee. I get a thick syrup of ground beans in the bottom of the cup and at the best ground size (for the coffee beans) its undrinkable due to the volume of particles allow through. I had to increase the ground size and that negatively impacted the flavour. At a significantly bigger grinding size less syrup gets through but its still much worse than the particles let through by the paper filter at any ground size.

The flavour of the coffee is different to using the paper filter. The flavour is weaker but often smoother so at least in some ways I think the filter does produce a better coffee. But the particles in the bottom of the cup do ruin the positive effect for me, getting a mouthful of fine bean pieces is a horrible way to finish a cup of coffee. My Sumatra beans actually taste better overall with the paper filter, I suspect because the coffee is made under a higher pressure since the paper filter is harder to push through than this is.

I just can't recommend this filter, it for the most part negatively impacts the actual drink the Aeropress provides. It needs to be significantly finer to reduce the drawbacks.

3.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 31 Aug. 2013
It does the job but is a tight fit.
Prefer the stainless steel disk version as the coffee does not leak out as quickly before you press the 'plunger'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great travel addition, 26 July 2013
I was a kickstarter investor and its been a great addition to my Aeropress, making it all the more easy to travel with. Improved brew with it too over the paper filters, so all round well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new best coffee mate!, 5 Aug. 2014
I really like the slight difference in taste between using the filter papers and using the S Filter, with a marginal preference for the fuller bite of coffee with the S Filter.

And I must admit the patient need to stretch the cap where the filter paper goes, so it can accommodate the S Filter was an added pleasure in my coffee craft. It took 7 filter papers, 7! (But you don't waste the filter papers, they can still be used!)

Don't know what I'm talking about - see the helpful series of videos (and its also all in the instruction leaflet which comes with the filter) which Kaffeologie have produced, link below in the comments box.

Paper filters do slightly take the edge off the taste, so, in need of mellow, paper filter, when you want to feel the bite, mesh!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to paper filters, 6 Dec. 2013
This will last me a lifetime....hopefully. Extra fine mesh prevents even coffee dust from entering your brew. Easily washed after use and quite sturdy considering how light and thin it is. My only niggle is that with the traditional method of Aeropress brewing, the water drops through into the cup without much time to soak out the coffee. However, using the upside down method allows a longer steep time and really brings out the flavor of your coffee. Produces a clean brew free of the usual gunge you get with other methods. Expensive, but you get what you pay for in this life. No regrets!

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but pricey and fiddly, 17 Oct. 2014
A bit too thick: the cap barely locks into place when the device is spotless and won't go on if there are any grounds at all around the edges. Also quite pricey given what it is - you can get a few years' worth of paper filters for the same price, or a couple of other companies' metal filters (which I haven't tried).

No complaints about the taste of the coffee though - seems at least as good as paper; maybe better (I haven't tested side by side). I was expecting the water to run through too quickly using the non-inverted method, but I didn't find this to be the case when making my usual brew (double espresso with relatively fine grounds).

2.0 out of 5 stars Works, but easily lost., 18 Oct. 2014
Granny Buttons (Granny Buttons, canals of England) - See all my reviews
The idea is a good one, and it did the job of replacing the filter. However, it proved fiddly to remove after making the cup, and bits of the 'puck' of coffee grounds often came away with it, making it messy to use.

It disappeared after only about 20 uses, probably gone in the bin with the coffee by accident. This represent almost £1 per cup! It also represents around 4 years of filter papes.

Seems to me that the filter paper makes more sense, sorry. I've gone back to using them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant addition to Aeropress for even better coffee!, 24 July 2013
Daniel Staniforth (London uk) - See all my reviews
I bought into the S Filter during the original Kickstarter and have been using it ever since. My paper filters sit abandoned at the back of my shelves now. The coffee has a better depth than with the paper filters, and a tiny bit more of the very finest grounds at the bottom of the cup. I love not having to change my paper filters, and washing the steel S Filter is easy as can be. I like the ecological side effects of the S Filter - not having to throw away more paper than I have to, and I drink a lot of coffee, and it means no more running out of filters when you really need a coffee! My father even tried making proper leaf tea with the Aeropress and S Filter (I'm less well equipped on the tea making front), and no flavour residues were present to taint the tea. I am buying one for all the Aeropress owners I know as soon as the opportunity arises - a wonderful way to make fantastic coffee even better.

5.0 out of 5 stars S/S Filter for Aeropress Coffee Maker, 5 Jan. 2015
The must-have component for your Aeropress! I love my espresso strong so don't want to lose any flavour into filter paper! The end of the thread on the body of the press required a little sanding to accommodate the extra thickness of the S/S Filter but this only took a couple of minutes with fine sandpaper and is well worth that effort. Well recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a better brew, 14 Jan. 2015
The S Filter doesn't let any coffee grounds through but does allow the oils to come through, which enhances the flavour (beyond what you get with a paper filter). I didn't have the problems with the fit that some people are reporting but that might just be because my AeroPress is a bit older! Overall, a great product, highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 49 | Next ›